Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Verse of the day

Default Re: Verse of the day

Just got back from a short weekend retreat w/some YoungLife guys from UT. Good stuff.

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
    ~Psalm 29:11
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

"Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."
    ~Acts 5:38-39
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
    ~Proverbs 4:23
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
    ~2 Corinthians 12:9
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

Anyone actually read these, or am I pretty much just posting 'em for no one?
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

All-Interweb

Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you,
    And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you.
    For the LORD is a God of justice;
    How blessed are all those who long for Him. (Isaiah 30:18 NASB)

All-Interweb

Yet those who wait for the LORD
    Will gain new strength;
    They will mount up with wings like eagles,
    They will run and not get tired,
    They will walk and not become weary.

Isaiah 40:31 NASB

Matthew 25:40 NIV

.....'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me'
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

Do not believe everything you read, especially in the bible.

Quote Originally Posted by toonman View Post
    Your strong disagreement with Christianity is noted.

Now will you, the self-proclaimed "open mind," please at least be respectful enough of our beliefs not to bash them every chance you get?
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

All-Interweb

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15 NASB)

Quote Originally Posted by WestlakeTech View Post
    Your strong disagreement with Christianity is noted.

Now will you, the self-proclaimed "open mind," please at least be respectful enough of our beliefs not to bash them every chance you get?
    Duly noted.

Cool Re: Verse of the day

Quote Originally Posted by toonman View Post
    It's quit simple. Let me share with you how I decide what threads to read, or not read.

• If the thread title (topic) does not appear interesting to me, I don't open it.
    • If a thread I had previously ignored gets high traffic in the form of many posts/pages, I MAY decide to browse thru it a bit, perhaps comment, if the post are interesting to me.
    • If I disagree with people, I determine whether it would be acceptable to post my disagreements. It would probably not be a good idea if I simply disagreed with a group of fans about if their team is any good. That would be in poor taste.

• If the title (topic) appears interesting to me, I put the mouse arrow over it so it shows me a preview.
    • If it further appears interesting, I click on it to open it.
    • I read the posts and make a decision from there whether or not to participate.

Perhaps these simple rule will be helpful to you in the future.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

Cool Re: Verse of the day

Revelation 5:11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice:

“ Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
    To receive power and riches and wisdom,
    And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”

13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

“ Blessing and honor and glory and power
    Be to Him who sits on the throne,
    And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

14 Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever.

NKJV
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

All-Interweb

Bump.

We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. For since the message spoken through angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. (Hebrews 2:1-3 NIV)
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
    John 15:12

Merry Christmas...
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

All-Interweb

Jesus is the reason for the season.

But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba , Father." (Galatians 4:4-6 NIV)
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

Luke 2 (New International Version)

The Birth of Jesus
    1 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

21 On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

Mathew 1:18 NIV

The Birth of Jesus Christ

18This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. 19Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,c because he will save his people from their sins.”

22All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23“The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”d—which means, “God with us.”

24When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 25But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar

Figured this should go in here.

Currently I have no words that could accurately describe what I feel having watched that video knowing what happened to him.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-2679...-27729605.html
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan