Thread: Cy ISD vs Katy ISD

Default Cy ISD vs Katy ISD

Example, Cy ISD's newest school, Cy Lakes(Ranch also opened in 08') is roughly 5-7 minutes from Mayde Creek, Right over Clay Rd.
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the ever growing Cy ISD is spreading into the northern sections of Katy ISD.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CyFallsMom's Avatar

Default Re: Cy ISD vs Katy ISD

the address for Cy Lakes, I believe, is actually in Katy, Texas. I thought it a bit odd myself but the land is still owned by CFISD so I guess in a weird way, it makes sense. The two share borders, that's all. We also share a border with Spring Branch - there are kids in our district who go to school many miles away when an SB school is just down the street.
    Cypress Falls Golden Eagles

"Being a Princess isn't all it's cracked up to be"
    Princess Diana

It's an amazing event. It makes rock concerts look like tea parties"
    John Winston Lennon on Monday Night Football 1974

Sounds a lot like the Mansfield and Arlington ISDs. Mansfield Summit is actually in Arlington, right along with Timberview High. You also have people that live in Grand Prairie but, they go to school at Bowie and Sam Houston. Kennedale High School is also in Arlington, with kids from Arlington and a handful from Mansfield going to school there.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by CyFallsMom View Post
    We also share a border with Spring Branch - there are kids in our district who go to school many miles away when an SB school is just down the street.
    I've heard rumors that SBISD is redistricting because they're going to pick up a few streets from CFISD. It's suppose to be the some of the area that's zone to Cy-Ridge, but it's just a rumor and I can't anywhere that verifies this rumor.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Yes, Cy-Lakes has a Katy address....still a lot of undeveloped land in Katy though.......I THOUGHT I was taking a short cut to Katy going down 529 past Fry......and I kept going.......and going........and going........and going.......I thought about turning around, NOTHING back there.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders09 View Post
    I've heard rumors that SBISD is redistricting because they're going to pick up a few streets from CFISD. It's suppose to be the some of the area that's zone to Cy-Ridge, but it's just a rumor and I can't anywhere that verifies this rumor.
    Probably, if it's true, it's Carverdale which is the area I'm talking about - they go all the way to Ridge when they could get to NB or SW in like 5 minutes. Ridge is a 20 minute drive in light traffic. I haven't heard the rumor but i've always wondered why - and it's not like that area is a big tax revenue source to begin with but SBISD could use the students. It's sad that NB and SW used to have competitive football teams and they were two of our football rivals and now they can't even field a team or keep a coach. I grew up in that area and it's just sad to me. Of course, my school has been closed for almost 30 years - that's even sadder - but we probably have more active alumni (VERY active - we do all sorts of reunions and such) than those two schools have students. They could definitely use a boost.

Princess Diana

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Yes, Cy-Lakes has a Katy address....still a lot of undeveloped land in Katy though.......I THOUGHT I was taking a short cut to Katy going down 529 past Fry......and I kept going.......and going........and going........and going.......I thought about turning around, NOTHING back there.
    That's the old Longenbaugh Ranch area I believe - soon to be filled in by the encroaching Bridgelands - unless they've come onto hard times like everyone else. I hate to see that area become developed.

Princess Diana

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

That's the old Longenbaugh Ranch area I believe - soon to be filled in by the encroaching Bridgelands - unless they've come onto hard times like everyone else. I hate to see that area become developed.
    Like I went from the city to the middle of the country in the blink of an eye.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Like I went from the city to the middle of the country in the blink of an eye.
    Go north on Katyland Drive...same thing happens. Alot of open pastures out there.

Probably, if it's true, it's Carverdale which is the area I'm talking about - they go all the way to Ridge when they could get to NB or SW in like 5 minutes. Ridge is a 20 minute drive in light traffic. I haven't heard the rumor but i've always wondered why - and it's not like that area is a big tax revenue source to begin with but SBISD could use the students. It's sad that NB and SW used to have competitive football teams and they were two of our football rivals and now they can't even field a team or keep a coach. I grew up in that area and it's just sad to me. Of course, my school has been closed for almost 30 years - that's even sadder - but we probably have more active alumni (VERY active - we do all sorts of reunions and such) than those two schools have students. They could definitely use a boost.
    That's exactly the area that's rumored to be taken up by SBISD. Northbrook is suppose to gain everything North of Clay up to Tanner and extend from the Beltway to Hempstead.

All-Universe

That's exactly the area that's rumored to be taken up by SBISD. Northbrook is suppose to gain everything North of Clay up to Tanner and extend from the Beltway to Hempstead.
    All the way to Hempstead? Sure about that? Are they going to dissolve Waller ISD and make that school part of SB ?
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works

Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    All the way to Hempstead? Sure about that? Are they going to dissolve Waller ISD and make that school part of SB ?
    I mean Hempstead Road

All-Universe

I mean Hempstead Road
    Ahhh making sense now
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works

I mean Hempstead Road
    I knew what you meant - the old Hempstead Hwy - The road we took before 290 was even a blueprint or a thought. We used to take it to go play the "corn fed country kids" at Cy Fair as my dad called them - we felt like we were going on an overnighter all the way out there!! The stadium behind the school is where we played and one of our teachers fell through the wooden bleachers at one game....she was my science teacher whom I didn't like but still....

Princess Diana

Losing Carverdale would be tough on Ridge's sports teams. That is where many of Falls' outstanding players came from until Ridge opened. And you can see each year the quality of athletes that Ridge puts on the fileds.
    Back From The Dead!
    Feeling like a three legged border town Mexican dog!

Quote Originally Posted by cyfallsbooster2 View Post
    Losing Carverdale would be tough on Ridge's sports teams. That is where many of Falls' outstanding players came from until Ridge opened. And you can see each year the quality of athletes that Ridge puts on the fileds.
    That's what people have said, getting some of those kids over to Northbrook and sending some of the zones that are currently zoned to Northbrook to Spring Woods would benefit both programs. Northbrook has talent at the school but no depth, getting some kids from Carverdale would really help them out in athletics. If there's enough kids in the area Northbrook, Spring Woods and Stratford could all be back in 5A which is what the district wants to avoid spending money on travel to Brenham, Magnolia, Waller and Montgomery.