Thread: Video on Team from Mesquite Going Through Boot Camp Style Training

Scout Teamer

Default Video on Team from Mesquite Going Through Boot Camp Style Training

Here's a link to a video on Mesquite Poteet's boot camp style start to spring football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnHDE...&tracker=False

It's certainly a different way to attack the spring drills.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

Default Re: Video on Team from Mesquite Going Through Boot Camp Style Training

MISD is preparing Poteet to send half its football team to the 7th Calvary. GARRYOWEN!!!! Thanks for the video... maybe MISD will prove to be smarter, if Poteet does well in 2011. NM and Horn will likely lead the MISD charge!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Well, I for one am digging it ! ! ! !

This is OLD SCHOOL football.
    I mean, the "jar-head" isn't, but the
    whole pushing yourself along side your
    brother is old school like I remember.

I think a lot of coaches are afraid of
    such barbaric practices.

You Go TEET ! ! !

I hope to see it all pay off for you.
    When we are all dead and gone, there will be allendad walking up to the Grand Stadium with his cane... People will whisper to each other in reverence - as he slowly shuffles past, "There's allendad, he's a legend!!" -From the keyboard of Bigdaddydog- June2010

"Popularity is not a measuring-stick for truth"

Administrator

I wish someone would have filmed the off-season drills I was a part of. My parents would understand why I wasn't much of a use on Saturday (when there weren't practices) or Sundays from Jan-April and August-Dec. At least kids these days get to wear nice gear during workouts instead of the raggedy gray cutoffs we had.

All-Universe

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    I wish someone would have filmed the off-season drills I was a part of. My parents would understand why I wasn't much of a use on Saturday mornings from Jan-April and August-Dec. At least kids these days get to wear nice gear during workouts instead of the raggedy gray cutoffs we had.
    Hear hear. Think about what it was like in the 70's. I still shudder at the words "Let's go behind the barn!". This meant we were heading behind the field house to rough it out with the briars, gravel, jagged chunks of brick and the dreaded "Hill"
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ray1301 View Post
    Hear hear. Think about what it was like in the 70's. I still shudder at the words "Let's go behind the barn!". This meant we were heading behind the field house to rough it out with the briars, gravel, jagged chunks of brick and the dreaded "Hill"
    I distinctly remember whistle drilling for an entire practice session in full pads because someone left a wet sock on the locker room floor (rain practice). Aside from body builder days in off-season, I can't think of many tougher than the whistle drill day. It's the less glamorous aspects that stick with you.

I would talk about the off-season programs I endured, but that would likely result in heavy-breathing, septic shock, and an eventual blackout. Kids, today, should consider themselves lucky that we live in a society that's hell bent on pampering them through the gates of teen-maturation.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

I remember having a full day of mat room drills because someone didnt wash their shirt.

At least up til 2008 I know the gray beater shirts were still going strong at Katy. Have they upgraded to clothes made in this century? On a side note my senior year's gray shirt was used by Rusty Bucy so that was kinda cool.

All-Galaxy

I remember days of doing sprints in a plowed field, or distance runs in the desert sand. Yep...the good ole days....

I was in band.
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    I was in band.
    Being in the band isn't the stereotypical-joke that many people take it to be. Some people call band members "band nerds", but it isn't very easy lugging around an instrumental (especially if heavy), for hours, in the hot (Texas) heat. And when you have a band director from hell - who is DEAD SERIOUS - about performance, he or she could make band practice look like a semi-boot camp, gone psycho!

Having said that, I'm a 'baller. Nothing in hs ever came close to the conditions of training and practice when I came thru Garland.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Quote Originally Posted by allendad View Post
    Well, I for one am digging it ! ! ! !

I hope to see it all pay off for you.

This.

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    This.
    Putting the physical improvements aside, this will make a team become more of a family unit and be closer from having gone through this together. It is amazing how much camaraderie and team chemistry is developed when a group accomplishes something together.

I think Ennis really screwed up by not grabbing Jackson. He was on the short list. Nothing against the guy they hired, he is a good coach but what this guy has done at Poteet in such a short time is amazing.