Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wylie Pirate Thread

Default Re: Wylie Pirate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    Fify! Sergio Kindle and Woodrow Wilson had a 31-3 halftime lead and, Wylie came storming back and won it.
    Ah, good call. I couldn't remember who we played... but knew it was 2004 or 2005.
    -------- 2010 -------
    a chance to redeem

Post Re: Wylie Pirate Thread

Nice write-up on the Pirates on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-...strong-as-ever
    ThatWylieGuard_Dad

*A supporter of the two High schools in Wylie. It gives me 2 teams to cheer for!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWylieGuard_Dad View Post
    Nice write-up on the Pirates on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-...strong-as-ever
    Good deal. Any of you guys going to the spring game? I'll try to catch it... Possibly get a write up on the game over on TheOldCoach.
    -------- 2010 -------
    a chance to redeem

Smile Re: Wylie Pirate Thread

I read both articles on ESPN and DMN and Coach howard seems to be holdong something back. I know that we are in need of a QB but I think he has something up his sleeve. Coach does mention that the D will be a strong force. I wish I wasnt working so much to take a glimpse of the practices. if any of you have seen them please feel free to let us in on what you have observed

How did spring game go? Any scouting from that? There has been a couple mentions in the news about a pair of Wylie D linemen being recruited "heavily" Does anyone know anything about these kids and the rest of the D? Who else shoule we look out for?
    ThatWylieGuard_Dad

*A supporter of the two High schools in Wylie. It gives me 2 teams to cheer for!

We solidified a few positions, Howard said. I thought we developed a little bit better chemistry on defense. I thought our offense made some strides. The quarterback position is still wide open Were moving in a good direction, and the main thing is that I thought we built depth.

damn we still havent solidified the QB position

With regard to the QB spot--Be patient, it means that there are 2 juniors (plus another junior move-in) who are fighting for the spot, not that there isn't a QB available.
    None of the 3 have varsity experience (as a QB), but all 3 could certainly be the starter. Whichever it is, it'll be one of the most athletic QB's that the Pirates have ever had (with a definite upgrade in speed).

Wylie will be young (Juniors) in most of the skill positions on Offense, but will be faster and more athletic (and taller) at every one of those postions compared to last year.

WoW!!!! we actually got some recognition from Dave Cambells. Sounds like we are going to have an exciting season. It would be awsome to beat HP and come out on top in district...

When we jumped back down to 4A, I said that the year that Wylie beats HP is the year they win the State Championship.

Wylie came close to beating HP last year, and came close to winning the state championship.

That being said... this is the best chance that Wylie has had to beat the Scots. It may be just because I don't like HP, or the fact that our defense is as strong as ever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wylie_Pirates11 View Post
    When we jumped back down to 4A, I said that the year that Wylie beats HP is the year they win the State Championship.

Wylie came close to beating HP last year, and came close to winning the state championship.

That being said... this is the best chance that Wylie has had to beat the Scots. It may be just because I don't like HP, or the fact that our defense is as strong as ever.
    Go Pirates! Kick hell out of the skirts

I am very excited about this year... thats not really saying much since I get excited every year. I just love the nail biting games the pirates always seem to entertain us with, Coach Howard has done an amazing job and I think this year is the year we bring home the big trophy. Yes there are the nay sayers that will say we wont get past this team or that team but its all in good fun and competition. GO PIRATES...AHMO GET THAT TROPHY

I'm 'bout to throw punches at my boss because he hasn't given me Friday nights off yet. We had an agreement when he hired me 3 months ago that I would NEED Friday nights off during football season, and he stated he wouldn't be an issue. Now that it's coming down to crunch time, I may be walking off the plank. I have started a job search and hopefully something will change (either his allowing of Friday nights off for me or a new place of employment. If anyone knows anyone in the Wylie/Plano/Richardson/Garland area hiring, let me know!
    -------- 2010 -------
    a chance to redeem

Unhappy Re: Wylie Pirate Thread

Well that really sucks.....

Quote Originally Posted by PirateFan View Post
    Well that really sucks.....

LOL! Not sure if my boss reads these forums as he's an Allen guy, but I went in last night and he was all like "Oh, hey... you're on first shift now. Just gotta work a double shift on Saturdays."...

My response..., "Um, doesn't that defeat the purpose of changing my schedule."

Boss: "What do you mean"

Me: "You realize I'm going to be working a 16 hour shift with about 3 hours sleep beforehand, right!"

D'OH!
    -------- 2010 -------
    a chance to redeem

The Dallas Morning News has Wylie ranked at #3 for 4A locally. Looking forward to this Friday to begin making some noise!

I don't remember what my twitter account is as I haven't used it in over a year, but I will be updating via twitter at all the Wylie games I go to. The only game I think I will miss (unless it's against HP) will be when Allen plays Plano East on ESPN (if the game is moved to Clark).

I'll find out tomorrow what my account name is on there, and anyone that can't make the games can at least get updates from me.
    -------- 2010 -------
    a chance to redeem

it is

Wpirates03
    -------- 2010 -------
    a chance to redeem

I will try to film all of the Wylie games I can this year. Hopefully the last video will be them hoisting up a trophy at Cowboys Stadium at the end of December! AHMO!

Scout Teamer

It was good to see them back in action this past friday they still have a few minor things to work out but they will take care of buisness and be ready, a bunch of hard hitters on D this year

Quote Originally Posted by Wylie_Pirates11 View Post
    I will try to film all of the Wylie games I can this year. Hopefully the last video will be them hoisting up a trophy at Cowboys Stadium at the end of December! AHMO!
    Awesome. I did that a few years ago but no longer have a video camera. I do have a Droid X that I might try to get some video on. It can do 720p HD which is nice. We'll see though. Doing video is one of those things that seems easy, until you actually try.
    -------- 2010 -------
    a chance to redeem