Thread: The great Southwest fall in the rankings

Default The great Southwest fall in the rankings

Southwest Airlines fell in the On-Time Arrivals Rankings to #10 and actually beaten by the much maligned American Airlines. I think Southwest are losing a lot of their allure.

Default Re: The great Southwest fall in the rankings

Quote Originally Posted by toonman View Post
    Southwest Airlines fell in the On-Time Arrivals Rankings to #10 and actually beaten by the much maligned American Airlines. I think Southwest are losing a lot of their allure.
    not for me at all. They have the friendliest staff and don't charge for bags. They are on time for me over 90% of the time and that ain't bad and I fly quite a bit. Whenever they finally get rid of the horrendous wright act, Southwest will really be the way to go.

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    not for me at all. They have the friendliest staff and don't charge for bags. They are on time for me over 90% of the time and that ain't bad and I fly quite a bit. Whenever they finally get rid of the horrendous wright act, Southwest will really be the way to go.
    Not to mention the take over of Air-Tran and now operating out of markets they once never considered. Look for Southwest to really give Delta some competition in the Southeast markets.

Has anybody heard what is going to happen to Air-Trans gates at Dallas-Ft Worth?

Quote Originally Posted by toonman View Post
    I brought this up in SW thread a couple of months ago. I told you they had bad on time stats.

Allure, whatever. Southwest is one of the best airlines in the country from customer care to business model. If you want to argue that, just talk to numerous airlines around the world who followed the Southwest blueprint for success. I could name 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFBHERO View Post
    Not to mention the take over of Air-Tran and now operating out of markets they once never considered. Look for Southwest to really give Delta some competition in the Southeast markets.

Has anybody heard what is going to happen to Air-Trans gates at Dallas-Ft Worth?
    Those flights should move to Love.

Auburn, AL (School); Cumming, GA (Home) via. Southlake

Quote Originally Posted by TXFBHERO View Post

The Merger hasn't been completed/finalized yet. I'm disappointed to see AirTran go. It's who I always fly. Their business class upgrades, clean planes ,and assigned seats have never let me down. I think I'll start flying Delta a lot more once everything is final.
    War Eagle

Protect the Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPeach View Post
    The Merger hasn't been completed/finalized yet. I'm disappointed to see AirTran go. It's who I always fly. Their business class upgrades, clean planes ,and assigned seats have never let me down. I think I'll start flying Delta a lot more once everything is final.
    assigned seats are over rated. If you are flying by yourself you can't choose who you sit next to anyway. I fly business select on southwest for a few bucks more and am guaranteed no worse that #15 boarding pass which lets me choose wherever I want to sit. I have flown the others but if southwest flies there I will be on it.

Enjoy getting it jabbed in your As* on checked baggage also when you fly those other airlines. What they should charge for is carry on if you have more than one bag. I get sick of those people who stack three small bags on one and drag it through the airplane to stuff it overhead. It takes way too much time for them to find a spot and stuff the bags in the compartments and then it takes forever for everyone to get off the plane waiting on these jerks to get all of their luggage down and out of the plane. Computers are fine but all your bags......... They should make all the people with carry on stay seated until all the passengers who checked their baggage under the plane get off first.