Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official Texas A&M Team Thread**

All-Interweb

Default Re: **Official Texas A&M Team Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by Austin109 View Post
    Players are leaving OU in a hurry. Whats going on in Soonerville? NCAA problems coming down the pipe? Players just not happy with the coaches keeping the starters in the whole way even when up 4-5 TD's in the 4th? Whats yalls take?

List I could find so far. Sure to be a couple I missed though:
    Sheldon McClain - Northwestern State
    Justin McCay - Kansas
    Eric Humphries - Rumored
    Torrea Peterson - Rumored
    Brandon Williams - TAMU
    Kameel Jackson - TAMU
    I brought this up earlier in the spring out of concern. I thought something pretty bad was happening...an article and then a Stoops press conference alleviated my fears a few weeks later. Stoops essentially cleaned house on guys that weren't willing to work hard and buy in, and some bad apples were forced out.

Rumor has it Jackson didn't feel the need to go to classes. Probably also has to do with the incredible amount of talent at WR coming in this summer along with soon-to-be stud Trey Metoyer tearing things up this spring in Norman. Wish Kameel luck wherever he ends up, but he obviously wasn't good enough to cut it at OU.
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I brought this up earlier in the spring out of concern. I thought something pretty bad was happening...an article and then a Stoops press conference alleviated my fears a few weeks later. Stoops essentially cleaned house on guys that weren't willing to work hard and buy in, and some bad apples were forced out.

Rumor has it Jackson didn't feel the need to go to classes. Probably also has to do with the incredible amount of talent at WR coming in this summer along with soon-to-be stud Trey Metoyer tearing things up this spring in Norman. Wish Kameel luck wherever he ends up, but he obviously wasn't good enough to cut it at OU.
    wow, so Stoops said these players he recruited just aren't good enough to cut it at OU. Rumors have told you all you need to know

Oh I forgot..probably, incredible talent and "soon-to-be stud" unless of course he decides he wants to go somewhere else. You covered all the bases. The excuse bus is now full.

We all know that if someone doesn't want to play for OU they must be bad apples....right?

Oh wait, maybe they didn't want to work for big red imports

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    wow, so Stoops said these players he recruited just aren't good enough to cut it at OU. Rumors have told you all you need to know

Oh I forgot..probably, incredible talent and "soon-to-be stud" unless of course he decides he wants to go somewhere else. You covered all the bases. The excuse bus is now full.

We all know that if someone doesn't want to play for OU they must be bad apples....right?

Oh wait, maybe they didn't want to work for big red imports
    Typical dawgfan response. Since you didn't like what I had to say, why don't you take Bob Stoops' word for it when asked about the transfers that have happened at OU over the last 6 months:

"Some want more playing time," he said. "Some have multiple issues that you don't know about within the program, whether it be class attendance, whether it be workout absences, whether it be drug-testing policies..

"Everything that they have to handle, there's a lot to it. To be an athlete and be in good standing here, you have to meet certain standards. If they're not, maybe some guys will find somewhere they don't have to meet those standards. There's all kinds of reasons why."

I guess aggy is one of those schools where guys don't have to meet certain standards...like winning.

All-Interweb

And if Dawgfan really wants to continue this discussion, here's some more stuff to digest:

From an article on NewsOK prior to the Insight Bowl. I've quoted some of the juicier stuff about bad apples (AKA built in excuses in Dawg's eyes):

“I have put my foot down every year this time of year,” Stoops said during the final news conference prior to the bowl. “There have always been guys that all of a sudden aren’t back, all of a sudden they are transferring.”

He didn’t mention anyone by name, but said generally that the team’s attitude during bowl preparation has been improved.

“Yeah. You know why?” said Stoops, who spoke passionately on the subject for a couple of minutes. “Because that 2 percent of my team isn’t eating up 90 percent of my time. It’s pretty simple. You feel a lot better, that’s for sure.”

Each year, he said there are certain players who do not adapt well to the requirements of a football player at OU. They’re asked to leave in a housecleaning of sorts.

“If you’re not living up to those obligations, you’re not earning your way. You’re bringing the team down,” Stoops said. “I’m not saying it’s all these guys, but some of them. That’s what happens. It’s just noticeable this year … and we’ve had more this year.”

“Every year at this time players understand, ‘Hey, have I been doing what’s necessary to be here or not?’” Stoops said. “‘And if I’m not, maybe I need to go somewhere where the demands aren’t as much. I can skip class. I don’t have to go to workouts. I can walk into class 30 minutes late. I can skip practice once in a while.

If you go to some of these smaller East Handkerchief U’s, maybe you can do that. But not here.”

Haha, re-reading that stuff just makes me appreciate Stoopsy that much more. Unlike some Big 12 coaches, he's blunt and to the point and doesn't pander to the media.

As far as Kameel, Trey Metoyer (AKA soon-to-be-stud) beat him out this spring as a blurb from yesterday from ESPN points out:

"But Jackson faded into the background this spring, in part due to the emergence of true freshman Trey Metoyer, and did not participate in the Red-White spring game. "

Again, I could just be pulling stuff from out of my *** as Dawgfan so dearly hopes, but for the most part, looks like I'm pretty accurate. I'm sure more will emerge in the coming days about Jackson.

If he are trying to go to an easier school I think he's about to make a pretty big mistake. While granted I don't know what the exact TAMU team policy is on behavior, I do know what their D2 schools rules are, and they are incredibly tough and thorough.

All teachers report to coaches if players are late or skip for any reason. Weekly check lists the teachers fill out. Weekly grade updates. Weekly class participation and attitude updates. Much, much more in that line of thinking. Position meetings every 2-3 days about school and academics on top of the academic coordinator meetings.

The teachers hold all the power and the athletes know it. Being as there are a lot of system meetings I would imagine those rules are fairly universal.

All-Interweb

If he are trying to go to an easier school I think he's about to make a pretty big mistake. While granted I don't know what the exact TAMU team policy is on behavior, I do know what their D2 schools rules are, and they are incredibly tough and thorough.

All teachers report to coaches if players are late or skip for any reason. Weekly check lists the teachers fill out. Weekly grade updates. Weekly class participation and attitude updates. Much, much more in that line of thinking. Position meetings every 2-3 days about school and academics on top of the academic coordinator meetings.

The teachers hold all the power and the athletes know it. Being as there are a lot of system meetings I would imagine those rules are fairly universal.
    I don't know if he's trying to go to an easier school. Honestly, the impression up here is that Jackson really has no idea what he's doing right now.

Id believe it. It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to drop out of OU, say you're going to TAMU, then not tell the TAMU staff you want to transfer. If we get a 4 star receiver out of the deal I wont be way too upset.. But could he have made it any more difficult?

Typical dawgfan response. Since you didn't like what I had to say, why don't you take Bob Stoops' word for it when asked about the transfers that have happened at OU over the last 6 months:

"Some want more playing time," he said. "Some have multiple issues that you don't know about within the program, whether it be class attendance, whether it be workout absences, whether it be drug-testing policies..

"Everything that they have to handle, there's a lot to it. To be an athlete and be in good standing here, you have to meet certain standards. If they're not, maybe some guys will find somewhere they don't have to meet those standards. There's all kinds of reasons why."

I guess aggy is one of those schools where guys don't have to meet certain standards...like winning.
    I was making fun of your kool aid post. You are the one throwing rumors out there. You are such a homer that you think everyone else take whatever comes from Stoops as Gospel and of course the OKC newspapers. Good for you. You assume that if these kids are that bad that A & M will accept them. What a tool.

I was making fun of your kool aid post. You are the one throwing rumors out there. You are such a homer that you think everyone else take whatever comes from Stoops as Gospel and of course the OKC newspapers. Good for you. You assume that if these kids are that bad that A & M will accept them. What a tool.: rolleyes :
    FWIW - the a$m AY guys are saying the same thing as yankee regarding Jackson.

All-Interweb

I was making fun of your kool aid post. You are the one throwing rumors out there. You are such a homer that you think everyone else take whatever comes from Stoops as Gospel and of course the OKC newspapers. Good for you. You assume that if these kids are that bad that A & M will accept them. What a tool.
    Except my "kool aid post" has much more truth to it then you'd like to think or admit.

As for the bolded, I don't remember saying Jackson was necessarily "bad". The bad apples part of my original post referred to Austin's point of many players leaving the OU program over the Winter. Now, Jackson certainly could be one of those bad apples, although I get the impression that he's a pretty well-liked guy in the locker room. A well-liked guy who probably didn't go to class a whole lot and had some off the field issues. Either way, the timing of this certainly suggests Jackson wasn't good enough to cut it at OU. The summer recruits are about to start rolling in and Jackson just spent an entire spring witnessing a true freshman take his spot on the depth chart.

Sounds like it was good for both parties to part ways. Like I said, wish Kameel good luck wherever he ends up! Even if it is aggy.

Except my "kool aid post" has much more truth to it then you'd like to think or admit.

As for the bolded, I don't remember saying Jackson was necessarily "bad". The bad apples part of my original post referred to Austin's point of many players leaving the OU program over the Winter. Now, Jackson certainly could be one of those bad apples, although I get the impression that he's a pretty well-liked guy in the locker room. A well-liked guy who probably didn't go to class a whole lot and had some off the field issues. Either way, the timing of this certainly suggests Jackson wasn't good enough to cut it at OU. The summer recruits are about to start rolling in and Jackson just spent an entire spring witnessing a true freshman take his spot on the depth chart.

Sounds like it was good for both parties to part ways. Like I said, wish Kameel good luck wherever he ends up! Even if it is aggy.
    I was just having fun with your zealousness. Your ability to believe everything they tell you. I shouldn't have used the word tool, and I apologize. I just am much more skeptical when it comes to these reports.

All-Interweb

I was just having fun with your zealousness. Your ability to believe everything they tell you. I shouldn't have used the word tool, and I apologize. I just am much more skeptical when it comes to these reports.
    I don't care about you calling me a tool on the internet, I've been called much worse on here and in real life. However, this is not the first time you've told me you're just having fun after we get into it a little. Both times you didn't come across as having fun, at all. Just a heads up.

Anway...ou sucks and aggy are sheephumpers.

I don't care about you calling me a tool on the internet, I've been called much worse on here and in real life. However, this is not the first time you've told me you're just having fun after we get into it a little. Both times you didn't come across as having fun, at all. Just a heads up.

Anway...ou sucks and aggy are sheephumpers.
    ok sparky, I was giving you a hard time which is no where near as hard as most do on here but if it was not worth the banter then it was my bad for replying in the first place. It wasn't meant to be funny ha ha but just a fun discourse.

aggy allegedly getting another OU player in WR Kameel Jackson. Kind of a weird situation in that he announced it on twitter but he apparently hasn't even contacted aggy about the transfer and may not receive a scholarship.
    Apparently he is staying.

RT @Kameeljackson18: Decided to stay at OU. & w/ that being said, its time to silence all rumors. -- SoonerNation (@Sooner_Nation)

RT @Kameeljackson18: My suspensions came from my failure to meet my class attendance policy. Nothing more; nothing less. -- SoonerNation (@Sooner_Nation)

Sumlin picks RS Freshman Johnny Manziel (Kerrville Tivy) as the starting QB..

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...nziel-start-am

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Manziel won an open competition that included redshirt sophomores Jameill Showers and Matt Joeckel and true freshman Matt Davis.

Manziel was a Parade All-American at Kerrville (Texas) Tivy where he earned a state and national player of the year award.
    Bobcat Fight Never Dies

Cameron Echols-Luper, from Auburn AL commits to a$m this morning. Interesting to get a kid from Auburn. A little interesting as well that his step father is on the Auburn football staff, yet he did not have an offer from them.

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    Cameron Echols-Luper, from Auburn AL commits to a$m this morning. Interesting to get a kid from Auburn. A little interesting as well that his step father is on the Auburn football staff, yet he did not have an offer from them.
    Same reason Tubberville was trying to get his son a scholarship somewhere else. It undermines the coaches credibility with the athletes by giving a scholarship to their sons. They will always be questioned and they will always have to deal with accusations of special treatment.

The kid had offers and some to some credible schools, it put him where he wanted to be, and he will be able to see his dad during the season when they play. It's a win all around how I see it.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

Same reason Tubberville was trying to get his son a scholarship somewhere else. It undermines the coaches credibility with the athletes by giving a scholarship to their sons. They will always be questioned and they will always have to deal with accusations of special treatment.

The kid had offers and some to some credible schools, it put him where he wanted to be, and he will be able to see his dad during the season when they play. It's a win all around how I see it.
    You're probably right, all these SEC schools apparently didn't want to have their credibility undermined either:

Alabama
    Georgia
    Tennessee
    LSU
    Arkansas
    Miss State
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Vanderbilt
    Missouri
    Miss State

These teams didn't mind the connection and made him an offer:

Arkansas State
    Illinois
    Kentucky
    Maryland
    Memphis
    Ole Miss
    North Carolina
    Southern Miss
    TCU
    Toledo
    UTEP
    Wake Forest

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    You're probably right, all these SEC schools apparently didn't want to have their credibility undermined either:

Alabama
    Georgia
    Tennessee
    LSU
    Arkansas
    Miss State
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Vanderbilt
    Missouri
    Miss State
    How would he undermine their credibility? I don't see a coach in his family on their staff. They also didn't go after Sezer, Adeboyejo, Aguilar, Garner, Tabuyo, Stewart, Arnold, Williams, or a slew of others. I'm really not way too worried about those that didn't offer. I've been blown away by some of their camp videos since and all seem primed to have explosive years. I watched the kids stuff and I'm really impressed.

Right now I trust Sumlin and his staff of some of the best recruiters in football to make the right call.

These teams didn't mind the connection and made him an offer:

Arkansas State
    Illinois
    Kentucky
    Maryland
    Memphis
    Ole Miss
    North Carolina
    Southern Miss
    TCU
    Toledo
    UTEP
    Wake Forest
    Once again, what connection. The only one who would have an issue is Auburn. I know you're smarter than that and got what I said, why the attitude?

A three star guy TCU is after? After all the "Ability to find hidden gems" praise on them I thought for sure more people would take a minute to watch the kids stuff. He's pretty damn good.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

How would he undermine their credibility? I don't see a coach in his family on their staff. They also didn't go after Sezer, Adeboyejo, Aguilar, Garner, Tabuyo, Stewart, Arnold, Williams, or a slew of others. I'm really not way too worried about those that didn't offer. I've been blown away by some of their camp videos since and all seem primed to have explosive years. I watched the kids stuff and I'm really impressed.

Right now I trust Sumlin and his staff of some of the best recruiters in football to make the right call.

Once again, what connection. The only one who would have an issue is Auburn. I know you're smarter than that and got what I said, why the attitude?

A three star guy TCU is after? After all the "Ability to find hidden gems" praise on them I thought for sure more people would take a minute to watch the kids stuff. He's pretty damn good.
    Dude - I'm a sip on the **Official Texas a$m Team Thread**!!!

Attitude should be expected!

Looked through his film for the WR highlights and missed them!