Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts....

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Default Thoughts....

And for the record....I didnt start this thread to bash cops.....I'm not the "Angry black dude that hates cops"....just saying....saw this a lot growing up....just that...there wasnt camera's everywhere.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...ver&id=7936228
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Default Re: Thoughts....

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    And for the record....I didnt start this thread to bash cops.....I'm not the "Angry black dude that hates cops"....just saying....saw this a lot growing up....just that...there wasnt camera's everywhere.

Bad deal...yes, times have changed. Understand from reports that during the initial trial for the young man, the jury wasn't allowed to view the videotape. Doesn't excuse his crime, nor does it excuse the afterwards...
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    Bad deal...yes, times have changed. Understand from reports that during the initial trial for the young man, the jury wasn't allowed to view the videotape. Doesn't excuse his crime, nor does it excuse the afterwards...
    I think the cops filled a suit against Quanell(whom I can't stand...gets paid from Crime Stoppers lol)....there for he was able to get a copy of the tape.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Very disturbing. What was the one cop doing that sprinted away toward something or someone else?

I just don't get the senselessness of it. I guess I'm naive.
    Go Pack!

I think the cops filled a suit against Quanell(whom I can't stand...gets paid from Crime Stoppers lol)....there for he was able to get a copy of the tape.
    That's what I understand also...
    Although, after the public showing--even if Quanell violated court orders--I doubt he'll be prosecuted for release of the tape to the news outlet. Not a big fan of Quanell...think he uses "his people" like the "CONGRESSWOMAN!!!", but the tape was disturbing.
    GO DAWGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post
    Very disturbing. What was the one cop doing that sprinted away toward something or someone else?

I just don't get the senselessness of it. I guess I'm naive.
    I think he went to put the squad car in park....if you notice...it's just rolling in the background...lol

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member RedRage00's Avatar

The only cop I trust is Okt0ber's mom.
    Get Rowdy or Go Home!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Mong Hu's Avatar

My thought is that Blizzards are great for post counts.
    Paratus Pro Victoria(Preparation before Victory)

Not suprised really.. things like this have an "iceberg effect".. for every video the public sees, there's 10 more that they don't.

Lock them all up...including the young man who committed the robbery. He had already given up, and they continued to beat him.

Snatch their badges, put them in jail, and put the young man in jail for robbing people.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

..."and when the people in the hood see it their going to be angry as he**!"...I got news for Mr. Quanel X, this ought to make everyone angry and be concerned for their safety if interacting with HPD.

I'm no fan of Quanell X but I think he got this one right. There is no excuse for what goes on in that tape. Cuff the guy, put him in the car and carry him to booking...simple as that.
    Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    ..."and when the people in the hood see it their going to be angry as he**!"...I got news for Mr. Quanel X, this ought to make everyone angry and be concerned for their safety if interacting with HPD.

I'm no fan of Quanell X but I think he got this one right. There is no excuse for what goes on in that tape. Cuff the guy, put him in the car and carry him to booking...simple as that.
    This...
    GO DAWGS!

Not-to-say that EVERY police officer follows the lead of what is shown on this video...

But having gone through the police academy myself, I quickly came to the realization that every cop inevitably succumbs to the "Burnout" that goes with the territory of seeing the worst in humanity.

There are way too many cops that are still patrolling the streets that don't need to be. This tape is very small example of the mindset that's gone wrong with those we think should be "protecting and serving"

I came to an early realization of what I might have become...an alcoholic, suicidal, divorced etc...and anyone that's ever come close to dealing with the darker side of humans, on a daily basis, knows what that feels like.

Still, there is no plausible excuse, or reason, for the full-blown and obvious brutality that some of these "police officers" continue to display.
    YEARS OF MAKING A POINT... 1 SEASON TO MAKE A STATEMENT.

S T O N Y P O I N T T I G E R S
    W E L C O M E T O T H E J U N G L E

Quote Originally Posted by Point Made... View Post
    Not-to-say that EVERY police officer follows the lead of what is shown on this video...

But having gone through the police academy myself, I quickly came to the realization that every cop inevitably succumbs to the "Burnout" that goes with the territory of seeing the worst in humanity.

There are way too many cops that are still patrolling the streets that don't need to be. This tape is very small example of the mindset that's gone wrong with those we think should be "protecting and serving"

I came to an early realization of what I might have become...an alcoholic, suicidal, divorced etc...and anyone that's ever come close to dealing with the darker side of humans, on a daily basis, knows what that feels like.

Still, there is no plausible excuse, or reason, for the full-blown and obvious brutality that some of these "police officers" continue to display.
    ...this...
    Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer mad_fan's Avatar

I'm not commenting because "I'm a scared white man"...
    But I saw a lot of looters in South Central and in New Orleans...
    Even some whites assaulted just for being white...
    Just saying...because there were cameras everywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong Hu View Post
    It is sublime insights such as this that indeed make the yard the MAD_HOUSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Seriously, though, why do you say the crap you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_phoenix612 View Post
    Why are you so aggressively ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    mad_fan is a puss... mad_fan is soulless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Alum View Post
    That may be the stupidest accusation I've ever seen. That's just plane stupidity on your part, I think you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    Lock them all up...including the young man who committed the robbery. He had already given up, and they continued to beat him.

Snatch their badges, put them in jail, and put the young man in jail for robbing people.
    Agree . . . but put them all in the same cell together and take bets. Cops are as bad percentage-wise as the general public, in fact sometimes worse.
    "I don't shoot to kill. I want a silver bullet to be a symbol of justice." "Hi-ho, Silver, away!!!"

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer stevefoxsc's Avatar

we see it more cause people have cameras, the thing is rather your rich or poor skin color unfortunately has partial bearing on how you can be treated by cops region per region.

Most people don't have to deal with cops racially profiling or harassing them so they don't care about it. I remember my younger brother age 3 got a bruise on his arm from a cop who yanked him out of my mothers car on the way to chuck e cheeses over 1 day old experienced inspection sticker. The cop didn't even talk to my mother like a human. Hell she wanted to sue the living crap out of APD.

And the racial issue is only the surface of it, corrupt police is a whole new section.

on a side note while growing up in temple i never once had an issue with cops ever, most were respectable treated you like a person.
    Last edited by stevefoxsc; 02-03-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Delivering the 5A news that matters to you!

They didn't have any films of it but about two years ago a white guy killed three Odessa policemen. Two were white and one was hispanic. I went to Church with the parents of one of the cops. They both are white. About 6 months ago a white guy shot two law inforcement officers one was white and one was hispanic, both were just injured, in this case there were no films of the shooting.

I see that murders of law inforcement officers in the USA increased 37 percent in 2010. That totaled 160. Colors were not mentioned. I don't know the colors of the kilees or the killers. Heres one about a police officer being killed in Arlington 12/29/2010. Again no films and no colors. Just dead officers. What a job

By all means lets keep hate going.

This is nothing new...just a camera finally caught them.

Im' sorry, i have very little respect for HPD as a police force. to me they are still one of the most corrupt police forces in the nation. anyone remember the 80's?

Jail them all, the ******* cops...and that ******* kid. However, they should of never treated him like that.

pisses me off
    HOOK'EM
    OU SUX BALLZ

FREE JOH and GOLDENBONES

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post

this!
    Columbia Roughnecks !!! 13-1, Congrats Tyler Chapel Hill Bulldogs !
    Angleton Wildcats !!! 13-1, Congrats Pearland Dawson !
    Katy Tigers !!! 12-1, Congrats La Porte !
    I've had a great football season !!!