Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where will you be for Christmas/New Years?

Administrator

Default Where will you be for Christmas/New Years?

Me and chill fly to Denver on the 23rd. We'll head into the mountains after Christmas and spend the week skiing with family at our regular family spot Winter Park-Mary Jane. Champ is driving up. We'll be shredding the gnar. No Pain, No Jane.

Trail map: http://www.winterparkresort.com/mountain/trail_maps.htm

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

Default Re: Where will you be for Christmas/New Years?

Christmas = Moms, after a week long tour of everywhere

New Years = courtside for the Thunder/Hawks in OKC
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    Me and chill fly to Denver on the 23rd. We'll head into the mountains after Christmas and spend the week skiing with family at our regular family spot Winter Park-Mary Jane. Champ is driving up. We'll be shredding the gnar. No Pain, No Jane.

Winter Park is awesome!

I'm going to Keystone/Breckenridge on Jan. 3rd for a few days. Can't wait, it's been too long since I've been skiing.

As for Xmas, I'll just be in that TX...
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member RedRage00's Avatar

I'm off all next week.

I'll probably head to Victoria that Thursday, the 23rd to hang with the familia.

I'm looking forward to sleeping late all of next week!

All-Universe

Home for all of it.

Our older daughter and her husband will be in from Tulsa on 12/26 for several days.

NYE we always spend in. Too many crazies out to bother with getting out and about.
    FOF

We used to take the kids up to Winter Park/Frazier each winter. We all really enjoyed it. When the kids married and moved off, the wife and I quit going. A couple of years back we all went back as a family again. A fun time was had by all. Part of the thrill of the trip was gone now that they've paved the highway going up the mountain. Going to Winter Park on a dirt road was....interesting to say the least. One piece of advice for anyone going to Colorado during the winter, don't drive the Phantom Canyon Road, especially not at night, and especially not if there is deep snow and ice. Fifty miles and it took 5 1/2 hours. Talk about "white knuckles." One lane with a solid rock wall on one side and a sheer dropoff on the other side. In 50 miles we encountered 3 other vehicles, ALL had Texas plates. Makes one wonder about those people from Texas.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".

-- Douglas Adams

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoveMom's Avatar

So...this means...YOU are leaving, too???

"I get the ball, I throw the ball, and then I take a shower." Mariano Rivera

"I hope it doesn't attack me..." words spoken by RedRage00 upon seeing a small deer in my backyard.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoveMom's Avatar

I'll be hanging around Cove. The Husband and kids too. Store is having a huge inventory reduction sale starting...NOW...and running till the end of the year.

So...I'll be working on my post count too. Anyone else gonna be here?

"I get the ball, I throw the ball, and then I take a shower." Mariano Rivera

"I hope it doesn't attack me..." words spoken by RedRage00 upon seeing a small deer in my backyard.

I have taken the week between Christmas and New Years off for many years. I suppose many people do that. We always spend Christmas at our house and let the kids come to see us whenever they can fit us in. The day after Christmas however...........it's off to Vegas for mom and pops. Nothing like Vegas at New Years.
    "We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." ~Aesop, Greek slave & fable author

1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493

I will be about 470 miles away from you. Rapid City, SD

http://www.alexjohnson.com/webcam.html

We will be here. Parents are here, 8 miles away. Coming in: older sister and her husband and two sons on the 24th. Younger brother and his wife on the 22nd. They will all stay at moms. So we will have mom and dad, three children, 2 son-in-laws, 1 daughter-in-law, and a total of 4 grandsons (ages, 21,21,19,15). I love every other year when we are all together for Christmas. My brother's birthday is the 26th so we will have some of his friends over for a party that night.

They all clear out on the 28th.

For NYE I think we are having our high school senior bible study class over for a party. If not we will have a nice dinner and stay in watching movies.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

All-Universe

Quote Originally Posted by CoveMom View Post
    I'll be hanging around Cove. The Husband and kids too. Store is having a huge inventory reduction sale starting...NOW...and running till the end of the year.

So...I'll be working on my post count too. Anyone else gonna be here?

I'll be around. My post count additions will be dependent upon how busy we are at work. Someday the flu season will hit and I'll be busy.
    FOF

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

my family on eve and C day, then work then final week end deer hunting/ny eve. likely lots of fireworks if there's no burn ban(which i bet there is).
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Excited to be in ATX for NYE for a wedding - good, free entertainment --unless we get 6th Street crazy -
    Go Pack!

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeJ View Post
    I will be about 470 miles away from you. Rapid City, SD

http://www.alexjohnson.com/webcam.html
    bustling metropolis right there.
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Mong Hu's Avatar

Mary Jane is an awesome run. I'll never forget my first run down Outhouse. Great place.

I'll be at Disney with the entire extended family.

Merry Christmas
    Last edited by Mong Hu; 12-16-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    Paratus Pro Victoria(Preparation before Victory)

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Mong Hu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b756561 View Post
    We used to take the kids up to Winter Park/Frazier each winter. We all really enjoyed it. When the kids married and moved off, the wife and I quit going. A couple of years back we all went back as a family again. A fun time was had by all. Part of the thrill of the trip was gone now that they've paved the highway going up the mountain. Going to Winter Park on a dirt road was....interesting to say the least. One piece of advice for anyone going to Colorado during the winter, don't drive the Phantom Canyon Road, especially not at night, and especially not if there is deep snow and ice. Fifty miles and it took 5 1/2 hours. Talk about "white knuckles." One lane with a solid rock wall on one side and a sheer dropoff on the other side. In 50 miles we encountered 3 other vehicles, ALL had Texas plates. Makes one wonder about those people from Texas.
    Spring Break Senior Year Going over Loveland to Winterpark. Got almost two feet of snow that night in a blizzard. Pass Closed about an hour after we got over. Drove my stick shift Ford Ranger. I had Sprained my ankle that day couldn't depress the clutch. My College buddy had a broken right hand in a cast could not shift. He drove with one hand and told me (riding in the passenger seat when to shift. Slept that night with my foot elevated to take down swelling. Woke up next morning put foot in ski boot first thing and me and my buddy and a few other friends skied the entire next day on an all but empty mountain, as the pass was closed, with two feet of fresh snow. Good times
    Paratus Pro Victoria(Preparation before Victory)

Christmas: Good ole Harker Heights, TX.

New Years: Garrison, TX.
    Cove Dawgs

Wahoo...it all begins tomorrow when my Longhorn gets home from Austin...miss her so much!

Early Christmas with husband's family this Saturday in Boerne, Texas...never been there!

Christmas Eve - I'm hosting - good ole' La Porte, Texas

Christmas Day - Tarkington Prairie, Texas (anyone ever been here)?

Christmas Eve & Day - close to home spending it with family in La Porte
    NS Mustangs

UT Longhorns ~ Hook 'em

Miami, FL. Yall have no idea how cold it was this morning.
    S M I T H S O N V A L L E Y

R A N G E R S