View Poll Results: How many people do you expect to attend if Katy Meets Euless Trinity

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30,000+

3 13.04%
  • 40,000+

5 21.74%
  • 50,000+

7 30.43%
  • New Record 60,000+

8 34.78%

Thread: Possibility of New High School Football Attendance Record

Default Possibility of New High School Football Attendance Record

If Katy and Euless Trinity do meet in the state championship game, do you think it may beat the attendance record for high school football? Considering both teams tremendous following, I believe that it would. I plan on going if that were the case and I would be taking 3 along with me.

Here is my research info:

50,988 Kensington vs. Bennett-Civic Stadium Buffalo NY Oct. 1948
    Saint Xavier vs Trinity in Louisville, KY in 2004. 38,500 at UL Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.
    No heres some of the biggest in texas dont know about other places though maybe there have been bigger

49,953 Plano vs. Port Neches-Groves Texas Stadium 1977*
    46,339 Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity Texas Stadium 2006
    45,790 Highland Park vs. Waco Cotton Bowl 1945*
    45,000 Houston Washington vs. Galveston Rice Stadium 1968
    45,000 Dallas Adams vs. Richardson Cotton Bowl 1967

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...#ixzz16EvTX9yT
    Respect is not given it is earned and big words never won a State Title! Make it happen!

GO CANE NATION

All-Galaxy

Default Re: Possibility of New High School Football Attendance Record

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDadCat5 View Post
    If Katy and Euless Trinity do meet in the state championship game, do you think it may beat the attendance record for high school football? Considering both teams tremendous following, I believe that it would. I plan on going if that were the case and I would be taking 3 along with me.

Saint Xavier vs Trinity in Louisville, KY in 2004. 38,500 at UL Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.
    No heres some of the biggest in texas dont know about other places though maybe there have been bigger

Incomplete because you left out the 2006 SLC-Trinity game that easily had more than 50,000 in attendance.

Exclamation Re: Possibility of New High School Football Attendance Record

There is already a thread on this.
    Texas HS Football attendance record may be going down!

Someone please combine.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by CaneDadCat5 View Post

It will depend upon how they count those in attendance. Last year when Allen played SLC in the second round of the playoffs, at Cowboy Stadium, they announced the crowd as 40,000. That crowd did a pretty good job of filling the first two levels at Cowboy Stadium. This year when Allen played Trinity in the second round of the playoffs, it was also played at Cowboy Stadium. This year they opened the third level of the stadium, because of the number of spectators, yet once again they announced the crowd as 40,000. I think they just like that number and it has no true relationship to the actual number in attendance. I find it interesting that both games had exactly 40,000 fans in attendance. Not 40,210, not 40,002, no they say there were exactly 40,000 people at not one but at both games. That's kinda neat, having exactly 40,000 people there at both games.

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".

-- Douglas Adams

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by b756561 View Post
    It will depend upon how they count those in attendance. Last year when Allen played SLC in the second round of the playoffs, at Cowboy Stadium, they announced the crowd as 40,000. That crowd did a pretty good job of filling the first two levels at Cowboy Stadium. This year when Allen played Trinity in the second round of the playoffs, it was also played at Cowboy Stadium. This year they opened the third level of the stadium, because of the number of spectators, yet once again they announced the crowd as 40,000. I think they just like that number and it has no true relationship to the actual number in attendance. I find it interesting that both games had exactly 40,000 fans in attendance. Not 40,210, not 40,002, no they say there were exactly 40,000 people at not one but at both games. That's kinda neat, having exactly 40,000 people there at both games.

The third level was opened last year for SLC/Allen. The bottom two levels were packed , not so much during Trinity/Allen. They were a couple deep in the standing areas during SLC/Allen.
    Hard to really estimate. No way those crowds were even.
    ............if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

All-State

Wixon: Football in Texas is quite a treat
    08:32 PM CST on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Column by MATT WIXON / The Dallas Morning News
    mwixon@dallasnews.com

Matt Wixon
    Archive | E-mail
    Last Saturday offered one of the final warm afternoons of the year. SMU and Texas also played home games that day, and nationally ranked Texas A&M and Nebraska battled in College Station.

All were reasons to stay away from Cowboys Stadium. And yet 40,000 people showed up for a high school football game.

"Were there really 40,000 people there?" a fan asked about the Euless Trinity-Allen game. "Is that the most ever?"

No, it's only the most since last year, when Southlake Carroll and Allen attracted a similar crowd. There was a crowd of more than 46,000 for a game four years ago, and next month, the crowd for the state championship games at Cowboys Stadium could break the state record for attendance of 49,953 set in 1977.

So what does this all lead to on Thanksgiving?

Well, today is about giving thanks. It's about appreciating the blessings of health, family and living in this country. Those are all much higher priorities than anything related to sports, but it's easy to sing the praises of Texas high school football.

High school football is wonderful anywhere in the country, whether at a tiny outpost or at a school that resembles a small college, but it's different here. It's bigger, it's better, and can unify a community like few other things.

And it grabs fans at an early age. My 5-year-old son, Cooper, attended his first high school football game this year. It wasn't a matchup of powerhouses, but he was wowed by the experience.

Now playing catch with a football in the backyard isn't enough. Cooper must recreate a football game, with a band playing, officials blowing whistles and a public-address announcer. Before each "game," he and his brothers have to gather in one corner of the yard and pretend to run through an inflatable tunnel.

His visit to a game made an impression, obviously. And Texas high school football also makes an impression on those from outside the Lone Star State. A few years ago, I talked with 68-year-old Jim Wyckoff of Fairfax, Va., while he was attending his first Texas high school football game.

He flew into Texas specifically to see a game here.

"Texas has always been known as a great football state," he told me. "I've kind of dreamed of seeing what it's like."

Wyckoff said got goose bumps at the game. He called it "a moving experience."

Just imagine if he'd been at the Carroll-Trinity game in 2006 that drew 46,339 fans to Texas Stadium. Riley Dodge was Carroll's quarterback then, and now that he's a quarterback at UNT, he tells college teammates what it was like to play in one of the biggest high school games ever.

The teammates, especially those from outside of Texas, are stunned that nearly 50,000 people were at the game.

"I try to explain to them about Texas high school football," Dodge says.

It can be hard to explain.

But around here, it's easy to experience. And as we stuff ourselves with turkey and prepare for two days stuffed with playoff games, that's reason to give thanks.

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by b756561 View Post
    Texas Stadium does not count people leaving the Stadium. There are no electronic counters, turnstiles or employees doing a head count. Unless of course its by someone using binoculars from afar. And given the uncoordinated, loosy goosy, slap shtick handling and use of their employees I doubt that they would pay 10 bucks for a true head count.
    I wouldnt give them any credit at all for trying for a true head count.
    The only true head count would be for the first game.
    Southlake Carroll. 8 time State Champion. Eight 16-0 seasons. Remember the FOX!

The 2003 D1 Title game woul'dve sold out Rice if not for the early morning shower. Could easily have rivaled the '71 Superbowl held there. There were still over 40k, but who knows what might have been?
    Beer will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no beer."
    Maureen Ogle
    Wolfpack Rules!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar

Doesn't matter. According to some Plano fans, their record against PNG can never be broken (even when it is.)

Sic Semper Tyrannis

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by pressitup View Post
    The third level was opened last year for SLC/Allen. The bottom two levels were packed , not so much during Trinity/Allen. They were a couple deep in the standing areas during SLC/Allen.
    Hard to really estimate. No way those crowds were even.
    I was at both of the games and i would say this years game had more people. Last year, at the slc/Allen game they only had the corners of the 3rd level open. This year, the whole 3rd level was open and it was completely full.

All-American

Game is gonna be on TV. I'll be there regardless, but that will keep a lot of casual fans away. Why pay $12 for a ticket, $10 for parking and $10 for food when you can watch it in HD for free?
    Last edited by bob1122; 11-25-2010 at 11:53 PM.
    Go Forney - Co Cove
    Hi Kevin

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by trojan-man View Post
    I was at both of the games and i would say this years game had more people. Last year, at the slc/Allen game they only had the corners of the 3rd level open. This year, the whole 3rd level was open and it was completely full.
    WTF? The endzones in all 3 levels were sparse. The 3rd deck was no where even close to being full at ET/Allen.
    Go Forney - Co Cove
    Hi Kevin

Reserve

I just saw on CNBC how they were counting cars at the malls from satellite imagery. You'd think we could get an attendance to a sporting event within +/- 5%...........stadiums with a roof, not withstanding.

BTW....Gig 'em Ags. We needed that win, no matter how ugly.
    ............if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.