Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D2-R3 Darkhorse = Fort Bend Travis!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

Default D2-R3 Darkhorse = Fort Bend Travis!

I attended the FB Travis/FB Elkins game, last Friday night. What I saw was an astonishingly big, physical, and fast football FB Travis team that destroyed a good Elkins team. Apparently Travis has had some QB issues (2 QB-system), all season long, which explains 3 close losses. However, it appears the QB problem has easily been decided...

#12 QB-Kyle Coulter (looks about 6-4 210 lbs) produced one of the better games I've seen, all year, from the QB position. Apparently, he's not even the starter. He completed about 90% of his passes for 200 yds/3 tds. He throws an excellent ball - sometimes even a lazer! Not sure what the coach was thinking, all season long, but this kid reminded me of Jerrod Johnson, when he was at Humble.

#2 RB-Rhine has the scats and the size to make a huge impact in the playoffs.

#7 and #1 are big and fast at WR/DB.

The OL is also big, but lean, and very aggressive. #78 impressed the heck out of me. He was picking dude's up and tossing them across the field.

The DEFENSE is extremely aggressive and played very well, upfront, (Front-7) vs a massive OL for Elkins.

The Secondary has speed, but can be a bit too laxed. The Safeties can be thrown on, but they can certainly hit.

Overall, they may have 4 early-season losses, but Travis is hitting on all cylinders... and they have a ton of talent. I wouldn't be surprised to see FB Travis crush Clear Creek on Saturday night. I mean it... as a matter of fact, after seeing Clear Creek being destroyed by Clear Springs - a team that has a WR playing QB - I could see Travis beating Creek by 3 or 4 tds, at least.

I'm serious, folks... if Travis puts together a game like they did vs Elkins they could do some serious damage in the playoffs. Kinda like Klein, last year!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Starter

Default Re: D2-R3 Darkhorse = Fort Bend Travis!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE View Post
    I attended the FB Travis/FB Elkins game, last Friday night. What I saw was an astonishingly big, physical, and fast football FB Travis team that destroyed a good Elkins team. Apparently Travis has had some QB issues (2 QB-system), all season long, which explains 3 close losses. However, it appears the QB problem has easily been decided...

I agree with most of your analysis...the Canes blew Travis out 49-17, but Travis was hitting hard in that game. I don't think the Klein Collins loss was close 12-21...but the other 2 losses where close.

Travis is way better than their record lead you to think...they are my darkhorse too, along with those Madison Marlins....GO FISH!
    WHOSE HOUSE?, CANES' HOUSE!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Taylor Lions!

"We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Taylor Lions!

I'm so looking forward to Taylor vs Travis... if it happens!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

I'm so looking forward to Taylor vs Travis... if it happens!
    same here. People may think I give Taylor props because of the Katy game....but last offseason and all through out the Spring I said "This is the team that scared me"...Jordan Are' is the real deal and that offense is LOADED with playmakers.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    same here. People may think I give Taylor props because of the Katy game....but last offseason and all through out the Spring I said "This is the team that scared me"...Jordan Are' is the real deal and that offense is LOADED with playmakers.
    Taylor won't be tested UNTIL the 4th Round! Elkins is solid, but their defense is too soft. Taylor should ice them, much like Travis did.

Finally... I'm actually looking forward to some R3 playoff games!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

La Porte says hi...
    GO DAWGS!

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    La Porte says hi...
    No, no, no... You have 0 chance because the playoffs are decided on these boards

Basically there is no hope of us getting passed the 2nd round and maybe not the first...

Just ask Pearland, Cinco, and Katy... We are the worst team these top ranked teams have faced all year

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg82 View Post
    La Porte says hi...
    I saw La Porte vs North Shore. Though I was impressed with La Porte's RB, massive OL, and defense... I'd say I was definitely more impressed w/ FB Travis. Travis had a better defense and better QB than both North Shore and La Porte.

I would like to see a Travis/La Porte game, though.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Quote Originally Posted by MemorialMustangs View Post
    No, no, no... You have 0 chance because the playoffs are decided on these boards

Basically there is no hope of us getting passed the 2nd round and maybe not the first...

Just ask Pearland, Cinco, and Katy... We are the worst team these top ranked teams have faced all year
    You forgot Westfield and Taylor!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Good one
    I'm just happy that some are realizing La Porte is actually in the state of Texas! At least we are until the next Ike...
    GO DAWGS!

I saw La Porte vs North Shore. Though I was impressed with La Porte's RB, massive OL, and defense... I'd say I was definitely more impressed w/ FB Travis. Travis had a better defense and better QB than both North Shore and La Porte.

I would like to see a Travis/La Porte game, though.
    Not a good game to watch from NS or LP's perspective. If this is the single game comparison you're using, the competition level, hype and history between the teams might need to be figured into your calcs.

Both NS & LP kinda felt this game would be for the district crown.

All this said, not knocking FB Travis or Clear Creek. LP has a game against South Houston this week...
    GO DAWGS!

Starter

Um....Travis didn't Destroy Elkins. I'm looking at Offensive Game Film right now for Recruiting film purposes (I'm a parent...editing it). Elkins' offense moved the ball up and down the field and scored on 5 of 6 possessions (before the INT in the endzone on the last drive with 8 secs left). Problem was Elkins' D didn't get the Offense enough touches. Travis did out coach Elkins' Defensive coaches. Travis used a fake punt and a half back pass TD which were the difference in the game. Travis ran the ball and Elkins never adjusted to their scheme. That was a coaching loss if I ever saw one. Elkins had 324 passing yards and 155 rushing yards. You should Never lose a game with 30 rushes/ 28 passes and 479 Total yards, 30 points. You look at the box score, Travis had no business winning. Travis did however.

Travis does have a secondary problem. They played the Safeties deep and CB's 6 yards off all game. And Elkins still beat them deep a number of times. Travis seems to have speed issues in the Secondary.

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but the Elkins' Oline dominated the line of scrimmage. QB Burkhalter had all day to throw and Dorian Williams avg. 5.1 on 28 attempts (142 yards).
    Last edited by bigboy; 11-08-2010 at 11:17 AM.

All-World

You forgot Westfield and Taylor!
    Certainly... But We have shown we can play with ANYONE

Who played Katy toughest this year? BWB? Northshore? Cinco? Alief Taylor?

Nope... Id hate for Alief Taylor and Travis to actually have to play the games

All-Universe

Alief Taylor played Katy the toughest this year

1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493

Playing with and winning are two different stories....you havent proven that you can win against anyone.

The 49ers have proven they can play with anyone...however they are cruising for a top5 draft pick.

Scout Teamer

#12 QB-Kyle Coulter (looks about 6-4 210 lbs) produced one of the better games I've seen, all year, from the QB position. Apparently, he's not even the starter. He completed about 90% of his passes for 200 yds/3 tds. He throws an excellent ball - sometimes even a lazer! Not sure what the coach was thinking, all season long, but this kid reminded me of Jerrod Johnson, when he was at Humble.

The OL is also big, but lean, and very aggressive. #78 impressed the heck out of me. He was picking dude's up and tossing them across the field.

The DEFENSE is extremely aggressive and played very well, upfront, (Front-7) vs a massive OL for Elkins.

The Secondary has speed, but can be a bit too laxed. The Safeties can be thrown on, but they can certainly hit.

Overall, they may have 4 early-season losses, but Travis is hitting on all cylinders... and they have a ton of talent. I wouldn't be surprised to see FB Travis crush Clear Creek on Saturday night. I mean it... as a matter of fact, after seeing Clear Creek being destroyed by Clear Springs - a team that has a WR playing QB - I could see Travis beating Creek by 3 or 4 tds, at least.

I'm serious, folks... if Travis puts together a game like they did vs Elkins they could do some serious damage in the playoffs. Kinda like Klein, last year!
    Uh.....No. I can't explain how Travis scored as many points as they did vs Elkins, but they average closer to 18 points per game. Their offense has been non-existant this year. That won't get it done in a bi-district playoff game in any division. I wish them well.

All-District

I wouldn't be counting clear creek out.

Quote Originally Posted by WBHB View Post
    Uh.....No. I can't explain how Travis scored as many points as they did vs Elkins, but they average closer to 18 points per game. Their offense has been non-existant this year. That won't get it done in a bi-district playoff game in any division. I wish them well.
    I can explain it in 2 words: Kyle Coulter! They let that QB go out and have fun and that was the result. Travis executed and walked away with an impressive win. Also, Elkins made some changes in the defense that ruffled some players' feathers. It didn't go over well, Friday night.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Palate View Post
    I wouldn't be counting clear creek out.
    I would! Creek didn't really impress me, at all.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!