Page 41 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 2053

Thread: Cowboys Suck Thread

  1. #801
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    No fear, the boys will crush my hopes again like always
    The real question is what part of the team will emerge as old, slow, injury prone this year?

  2. #802
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Training camp is about to start.

    They are already touting Romo as emerging into a real leader this season. The only problem is can Romo put up the same numbers as last year and also get other support?

    Remember, by the time he was Romo's age, Troy had already collected his 3 rings.

  3. #803
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fatherhood
    Posts
    18,193

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maroondog View Post
    Training camp is about to start.

    They are already touting Romo as emerging into a real leader this season. The only problem is can Romo put up the same numbers as last year and also get other support?

    Remember, by the time he was Romo's age, Troy had already collected his 3 rings.
    Numbers have never been an issue for Romo and, in the last three seasons, he's been one of the most efficient qb's in the league. His turnover totals place him in elite company, he's is extremely accurate and moves the ball downfield. His maturation process hasn't been nearly the story that the media and many here have made it out to be but, yes, he is probably as settled now as anyone could hope to be.

    Remember, by the time he was Romo's age, Aikman has started for three more seasons, played his entire career with a HOF receiver and runningback, an all pro fullback, a probowl tight end, eight guys that would make a Pro bowl in the OL and a defensive unit that was consistenly top 5 every year. I love Troy Aikman. He was tremendous, actually under rated for a HOF guy. Let's not get sucked into ring count here, though, because he played with a level of talent and coaching that Romo has never seen here.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis

  4. #804
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLC93 View Post
    Numbers have never been an issue for Romo and, in the last three seasons, he's been one of the most efficient qb's in the league. His turnover totals place him in elite company, he's is extremely accurate and moves the ball downfield. His maturation process hasn't been nearly the story that the media and many here have made it out to be but, yes, he is probably as settled now as anyone could hope to be.

    Remember, by the time he was Romo's age, Aikman has started for three more seasons, played his entire career with a HOF receiver and runningback, an all pro fullback, a probowl tight end, eight guys that would make a Pro bowl in the OL and a defensive unit that was consistenly top 5 every year. I love Troy Aikman. He was tremendous, actually under rated for a HOF guy. Let's not get sucked into ring count here, though, because he played with a level of talent and coaching that Romo has never seen here.
    This is all true and is what my mention of getting other support was all about. Regardless of what Jones says, the window IS closing on this group.

    Troy was good, however, I saw him more as a great mechanic as opposed to an Elway or Montana who were able to make something out of nothing.

  5. #805
    All-Universe mojotrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    9,561

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    How about Claiborne, Is he gonna be one of those guys who spends his career in the sick bay?

  6. #806
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mojotrain View Post
    How about Claiborne, Is he gonna be one of those guys who spends his career in the sick bay?
    Seems a bit early to tell but so far he is looking a little on the fragile side.

  7. #807
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    I wonder...Can RG3 kill the cowboys this season? lol jk
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  8. #808
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed6x View Post
    I wonder...Can RG3 kill the cowboys this season? lol jk
    Don't laugh. Cowboys have a history of letting rookie QB's have a Hall of Fame day against them.

  9. #809
    Moderator Matthew 2000 Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    15,500

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    The Cowboys offensive line looks as if it's gotten worse.

    I had no idea that this was possible.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

  10. #810
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,545

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    The Cowboys offensive line looks as if it's gotten worse.

    I had no idea that this was possible.
    aren't there some injuries?
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  11. #811
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,663

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Did the Cowboys play last Saturday? Who are they playing next and how does the whole team look?
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  12. #812
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    Did the Cowboys play last Saturday? Who are they playing next and how does the whole team look?
    They played the Raiders last night, if you can call it playing. Lots of injuries already and they haven't even had a rough training camp.

    No depth could equal a long, long season, again......

  13. #813
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,893

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maroondog View Post
    They played the Raiders last night, if you can call it playing. Lots of injuries already and they haven't even had a rough training camp.

    No depth could equal a long, long season, again......
    I gave up at half time and went and watched the paint dry in the bedroom my wife just painted. There was actually more excitement doing that

  14. #814
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,545

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Well, if you look at the bright side, there are only 16 games in a season.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  15. #815
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,663

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Well, if you look at the bright side, there are only 16 games in a season.
    Unfortunately for CCC, the paint will dry long before the 16th game.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  16. #816
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Well, if you look at the bright side, there are only 16 games in a season.
    Thats the good news, and, long before that I'll have the opportunity to select another team to follow throughout the playoffs.

  17. #817
    All-Galaxy CCCSportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake
    Posts
    3,893

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    Unfortunately for CCC, the paint will dry long before the 16th game.
    Sadly you're correct my friend

  18. #818
    Moderator Matthew 2000 Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    15,500

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    aren't there some injuries?
    There are a few, on the line in particular.

    We can add Witten to the list now. He has a spleen injury.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

  19. #819
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    20,663

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Maroondog View Post
    They played the Raiders last night, if you can call it playing. Lots of injuries already and they haven't even had a rough training camp.

    No depth could equal a long, long season, again......
    Wow. I saw the hi-lites at lunch. Bad. At least it's just the 1st pre-season game.
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!


    Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

  20. #820
    All-Universe Maroondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    7,394

    Default Re: Cowboys Suck Thread

    Couldn't let the day pass without comment. I only saw the first half so I can't say how the "collapse" occured. I'm sure it was primarily cannon fodder players on the field though.

    Wasn't overly impressed except by Brandon Carr.

    Good news is there are only two more worthless displays to suffer through before we see the real deal by all teams.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •