Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official Cedar Park Thread

All-District

Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

Interesting year so far for Cedar Park - to date in comparison to last years team "statistically" the team is 'on par' with last years team yet I think with Lake Travis looking so much better than last years team and the other competition within 25-4A being washed its not viewed in such a light. I know this years D (up to the last game) was giving up 11.6 pts a game = last years 11.6. Sacks and Interceptions for the D are up ~30% over last years team (I think sacks are in the low 20s and last year we were at 15) Ints are at around 15 and last year we had 15 or so for the whole year. On Offense: total offense per game is same and of course rushing has surpassed last years numbers.... as well total points per game is right at a similar number to last year (~41/~42)
    I definitely think our pass defense needs to get ALLOT better leading up to 2 weeks from now and heading into the playoffs.... we have a tendency to give up more yards in the 1st 1/2 and shut teams down (again if 1st D is in) in the 2nd 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by cpfarmy View Post
    Interesting year so far for Cedar Park - to date in comparison to last years team "statistically" the team is 'on par' with last years team yet I think with Lake Travis looking so much better than last years team and the other competition within 25-4A being washed its not viewed in such a light. I know this years D (up to the last game) was giving up 11.6 pts a game = last years 11.6. Sacks and Interceptions for the D are up ~30% over last years team (I think sacks are in the low 20s and last year we were at 15) Ints are at around 15 and last year we had 15 or so for the whole year. On Offense: total offense per game is same and of course rushing has surpassed last years numbers.... as well total points per game is right at a similar number to last year (~41/~42)
    I definitely think our pass defense needs to get ALLOT better leading up to 2 weeks from now and heading into the playoffs.... we have a tendency to give up more yards in the 1st 1/2 and shut teams down (again if 1st D is in) in the 2nd 1/2.
    Wow, sounds good man. Maybe CP will be able to give LT all they can handle once again this year! I know CP is a top 10 team and that is well deserved without a doubt whatsoever! Good luck to you guys this year against LT and also in the playoffs.
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    Wow, sounds good man. Maybe CP will be able to give LT all they can handle once again this year! I know CP is a top 10 team and that is well deserved without a doubt whatsoever! Good luck to you guys this year against LT and also in the playoffs.
    Looking at this as a 'football' person - I do not think this years CP team is quite on the same 'plane' as Lake Travis but allot of the talk on the O-line dropping them down a huge wrung is not playing out statistically. Granted, I do think there are teams on CPs schedule that are definitely not as good as last year ... Teams that CP played that were 'better' year to year (Westwood, Leander, Vandegrift, Rouse). The last 2 would be expected with having actual seniors and 20+ returning starters. Marble Falls has got the injury bug and playing 6 to 7 players both ways eventually spells doom.

All-District

Cedar Park vs Weslaco East Alamodome - Noon Friday Nov 25th

Same matchup as last year, same place a little earlier in the day

All-District

Calling on Timberwolf Nation to show up big time!!!!! Why waste the day shopping and fighting the pre-holiday crowds? Bring the relatives!
    GO T-Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All-Galaxy Defense wins championship's Avatar

Nice job last night CP! I knew Hays had no chance. Looking forward to DKR in 2 weeks for the championship...again!!!
    ***Toughest Team Wins ***

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Defense wins championship View Post
    Nice job last night CP! I knew Hays had no chance. Looking forward to DKR in 2 weeks for the championship...again!!!
    Thanks DWC, looking forward to it ourselves. Notice anything strange about the CP season? We've got a little mirror image thing going on:

*CP lost the district title to LT
    *CP finishes the regular season 8-2
    *CP has a little trouble with first playoff game against an AISD team
    *Week 14 is coming up, CP might get "lucky".

Our plan so far is playing out perfect

Sounds a little like LT last season eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fun Times View Post
    Thanks DWC, looking forward to it ourselves. Notice anything strange about the CP season? We've got a little mirror image thing going on:

*CP lost the district title to LT
    *CP finishes the regular season 8-2
    *CP has a little trouble with first playoff game against an AISD team
    *Week 14 is coming up, CP might get "lucky".

Our plan so far is playing out perfect

Sounds a little like LT last season eh?
    Fun, I woke up in a cold sweat the other night when I realized the similarities! Good times pal...good times!!!

Just want you guys to know that Cedar Park has my full support this season...

well... 90% of it, anyway.
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

CP will take the D2 title and Leander should make the state finals. Not even an 11-0 Hays team is in their league.

Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    CP will take the D2 title and Leander should make the state finals. Not even an 11-0 Hays team is in their league.

Cedar Park, as good as they may be, had best not overlook a scrappy Alice Coyote squad. Watched Alice completely dominate Calallen last week. 'Yote's defense was brutal. CP could struggle with the Slot-T. Coyotes have lots of playoff tradition--37 playoff appearances.

Last edited by mcneilmav; 11-27-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Way to bring it home guys. Congrats!

All-American

Well done Cedar Park enjoyed the ride!

Thoroughly enjoyed 2nd half of tonight's game, especially 4th qrtr. CP's QB, playing on one ankle, is triple tough.
    Abilene High School, class of '84
    United States Air Force, 1984 -2008

https://twitter.com/mike03car
    https://www.facebook.com/mike03car

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

"The past is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present." - Mike Ditka

Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    toot your horn!
    Abilene High School, class of '84
    United States Air Force, 1984 -2008

https://twitter.com/mike03car
    https://www.facebook.com/mike03car

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

"The past is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present." - Mike Ditka

Congrats CP!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer; 2009 Pick 'Em Challenge Champion baylordad's Avatar

First time I have seen CP play. Really enjoyed their style of football. Well done! Congratulations!!!!
    IT TAKES BALLS TO PLAY GOLF!

I'd like to congratulate the Twolves...in advance on a great season and a repeat state championship. I hope to see the Black Rain dominate at least one game this season.

All-District

I'd like to congratulate the Twolves...in advance on a great season and a repeat state championship. I hope to see the Black Rain dominate at least one game this season.
    Thanks DWC! Pack2Pack Black Rain attack!

Starter

Has anyone heard of the Aledo Bearcats??