Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106

Thread: Official Cedar Park Thread

  1. #81
    All-District
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gone Fishing, Tx
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Interesting year so far for Cedar Park - to date in comparison to last years team "statistically" the team is 'on par' with last years team yet I think with Lake Travis looking so much better than last years team and the other competition within 25-4A being washed its not viewed in such a light. I know this years D (up to the last game) was giving up 11.6 pts a game = last years 11.6. Sacks and Interceptions for the D are up ~30% over last years team (I think sacks are in the low 20s and last year we were at 15) Ints are at around 15 and last year we had 15 or so for the whole year. On Offense: total offense per game is same and of course rushing has surpassed last years numbers.... as well total points per game is right at a similar number to last year (~41/~42)
    I definitely think our pass defense needs to get ALLOT better leading up to 2 weeks from now and heading into the playoffs.... we have a tendency to give up more yards in the 1st 1/2 and shut teams down (again if 1st D is in) in the 2nd 1/2.

  2. #82
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,824

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cpfarmy View Post
    Interesting year so far for Cedar Park - to date in comparison to last years team "statistically" the team is 'on par' with last years team yet I think with Lake Travis looking so much better than last years team and the other competition within 25-4A being washed its not viewed in such a light. I know this years D (up to the last game) was giving up 11.6 pts a game = last years 11.6. Sacks and Interceptions for the D are up ~30% over last years team (I think sacks are in the low 20s and last year we were at 15) Ints are at around 15 and last year we had 15 or so for the whole year. On Offense: total offense per game is same and of course rushing has surpassed last years numbers.... as well total points per game is right at a similar number to last year (~41/~42)
    I definitely think our pass defense needs to get ALLOT better leading up to 2 weeks from now and heading into the playoffs.... we have a tendency to give up more yards in the 1st 1/2 and shut teams down (again if 1st D is in) in the 2nd 1/2.
    Wow, sounds good man. Maybe CP will be able to give LT all they can handle once again this year! I know CP is a top 10 team and that is well deserved without a doubt whatsoever! Good luck to you guys this year against LT and also in the playoffs.
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  3. #83
    All-District
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gone Fishing, Tx
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    Wow, sounds good man. Maybe CP will be able to give LT all they can handle once again this year! I know CP is a top 10 team and that is well deserved without a doubt whatsoever! Good luck to you guys this year against LT and also in the playoffs.
    Looking at this as a 'football' person - I do not think this years CP team is quite on the same 'plane' as Lake Travis but allot of the talk on the O-line dropping them down a huge wrung is not playing out statistically. Granted, I do think there are teams on CPs schedule that are definitely not as good as last year ... Teams that CP played that were 'better' year to year (Westwood, Leander, Vandegrift, Rouse). The last 2 would be expected with having actual seniors and 20+ returning starters. Marble Falls has got the injury bug and playing 6 to 7 players both ways eventually spells doom.

  4. #84
    All-District
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gone Fishing, Tx
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Cedar Park vs Weslaco East Alamodome - Noon Friday Nov 25th

    Same matchup as last year, same place a little earlier in the day

  5. #85
    All-District
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    cedar park
    Posts
    125

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Calling on Timberwolf Nation to show up big time!!!!! Why waste the day shopping and fighting the pre-holiday crowds? Bring the relatives!
    GO T-Wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #86
    All-Galaxy Defense wins championship's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    hill country
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Nice job last night CP! I knew Hays had no chance. Looking forward to DKR in 2 weeks for the championship...again!!!
    ***Toughest Team Wins ***

  7. #87
    All-District
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Defense wins championship View Post
    Nice job last night CP! I knew Hays had no chance. Looking forward to DKR in 2 weeks for the championship...again!!!
    Thanks DWC, looking forward to it ourselves. Notice anything strange about the CP season? We've got a little mirror image thing going on:

    *CP lost the district title to LT
    *CP finishes the regular season 8-2
    *CP has a little trouble with first playoff game against an AISD team
    *Week 14 is coming up, CP might get "lucky".

    Our plan so far is playing out perfect

    Sounds a little like LT last season eh?

  8. #88
    All-Galaxy Defense wins championship's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    hill country
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fun Times View Post
    Thanks DWC, looking forward to it ourselves. Notice anything strange about the CP season? We've got a little mirror image thing going on:

    *CP lost the district title to LT
    *CP finishes the regular season 8-2
    *CP has a little trouble with first playoff game against an AISD team
    *Week 14 is coming up, CP might get "lucky".

    Our plan so far is playing out perfect

    Sounds a little like LT last season eh?
    Fun, I woke up in a cold sweat the other night when I realized the similarities! Good times pal...good times!!!
    ***Toughest Team Wins ***

  9. #89
    All-Galaxy WestlakeTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,003

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Just want you guys to know that Cedar Park has my full support this season...

    well... 90% of it, anyway.
    Westlake Chaparrals

    Respected By All

  10. #90
    All-Galaxy titus211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    2,261

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    CP will take the D2 title and Leander should make the state finals. Not even an 11-0 Hays team is in their league.

  11. #91
    All-World mcneilmav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Austin
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    CP will take the D2 title and Leander should make the state finals. Not even an 11-0 Hays team is in their league.

    Cedar Park, as good as they may be, had best not overlook a scrappy Alice Coyote squad. Watched Alice completely dominate Calallen last week. 'Yote's defense was brutal. CP could struggle with the Slot-T. Coyotes have lots of playoff tradition--37 playoff appearances.


    Last edited by mcneilmav; 11-27-2012 at 12:45 AM.

  12. #92
    All-District LT Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lakeway
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Way to bring it home guys. Congrats!

  13. #93
    All-American
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lake Travis
    Posts
    748

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Well done Cedar Park enjoyed the ride!

  14. #94
    All-Galaxy mike03car's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    4,773

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Thoroughly enjoyed 2nd half of tonight's game, especially 4th qrtr. CP's QB, playing on one ankle, is triple tough.
    Abilene High School, class of '84
    United States Air Force, 1984 -2008

    https://twitter.com/mike03car
    https://www.facebook.com/mike03car

    "Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

    "The past is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present." - Mike Ditka

  15. #95
    All-Galaxy mike03car's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    4,773

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    CP will take the D2 title and Leander should make the state finals. Not even an 11-0 Hays team is in their league.
    toot your horn!
    Abilene High School, class of '84
    United States Air Force, 1984 -2008

    https://twitter.com/mike03car
    https://www.facebook.com/mike03car

    "Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

    "The past is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present." - Mike Ditka

  16. #96
    All-District theT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lake Travis
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Congrats CP!

  17. #97
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer; 2009 Pick 'Em Challenge Champion baylordad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Euless, TX
    Posts
    1,420

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    First time I have seen CP play. Really enjoyed their style of football. Well done! Congratulations!!!!
    IT TAKES BALLS TO PLAY GOLF!

  18. #98
    All-Galaxy Defense wins championship's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    hill country
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    I'd like to congratulate the Twolves...in advance on a great season and a repeat state championship. I hope to see the Black Rain dominate at least one game this season.
    ***Toughest Team Wins ***

  19. #99
    All-District
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    238

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Defense wins championship View Post
    I'd like to congratulate the Twolves...in advance on a great season and a repeat state championship. I hope to see the Black Rain dominate at least one game this season.
    Thanks DWC! Pack2Pack Black Rain attack!

  20. #100
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Official Cedar Park Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Defense wins championship View Post
    I'd like to congratulate the Twolves...in advance on a great season and a repeat state championship. I hope to see the Black Rain dominate at least one game this season.
    Has anyone heard of the Aledo Bearcats??

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •