Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abilene high is not a top 10 team!!!!

All-District

Default Abilene high is not a top 10 team!!!!

Take it from me. I was at the game and watched from beginning to the end. #1 the Simms cousins are not a threat if you know how to contain them. Besides a kickoff return for a touchdown, that was pretty much it.
    #2 there was a lot of misreads and missed tackles on the O-line.
    #3 Longviews band and crowd were into it the entire time. I expected the upset. Could have easily ended 38-14 with 2 of Longviews Touchdowns called back.

Just can't see these guys winning state again. Abilene Cooper will probably put it on these guys also. MARK MY WORD!!!!

Default Re: Abilene high is not a top 10 team!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyblueice04 View Post
    I expected the upset.
    Yet they are not a Top 10 team. Okay.

I would agree that we r not top 10 now. The main difference between this team and last years team is the oline. Dont think that ur team just shut down the same offense that went 15-0 last year with the Sims cousins leading the way. The oline this year is struggling and if u cant make running lanes or protect the passer ur gonna have problems.

Not taking anything away from the performance by LV....they played great and deserved the win seeing how they dominated the majority of the game. Just saying dont think u beat the same team that went 15-0 last year.
    Abilene Eagles
    2009 Texas 5A Division 2
    State Champions

MARK MY WORD!!!![/QUOTE]

Really?
    s two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works

All-American

Take it from me. I was at the game and watched from beginning to the end. #1 the Simms cousins are not a threat if you know how to contain them. Besides a kickoff return for a touchdown, that was pretty much it.
    #2 there was a lot of misreads and missed tackles on the O-line.
    #3 Longviews band and crowd were into it the entire time. I expected the upset. Could have easily ended 38-14 with 2 of Longviews Touchdowns called back.

Just can't see these guys winning state again. Abilene Cooper will probably put it on these guys also. MARK MY WORD!!!!
    The OLine is not supposed to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerowl06 View Post
    The OLine is not supposed to tackle.
    Pfffft tell that to Alex Barron!

Abilene won a D2 state title last year. They are not a state power and they are a well coached team, with small players that play hard, they are not a blue chip factory.

Re: Abilene high is not a top 10 team!!!! - Does it matter?

Playoff wins matter!!!!!

I bet a bunch of programs around the State wish their student athletes got to experience what Abilene's did for the last year and some change.
    2012 Division 2 State Champs / Playoff points for 331 against 95
    2013 Division 2 State Finalist / Playoff points for 309 against 81

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    Abilene won a D2 state title last year. They are not a state power and they are a well coached team, with small players that play hard, they are not a blue chip factory.
    I'd take a well coached team with average players over the blue chip factory (if you want to use that phrase loosely) with bad coaching.
    OAK'EM

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by titus211 View Post
    I don't see what you're getting at...

Quote Originally Posted by F18mustang View Post
    Yet they are not a Top 10 team. Okay.

I didnt really consider it an upset after watching Longview play Lufkin and the way they played Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerowl06 View Post
    I don't see what you're getting at...
    Other than Trinity, 5A seems wide-open. I'm sure the folks in Longview feel like they have a shot to make some noise in the playoffs and this game will give those kids some confidence.

All-Galaxian

#1 the Simms cousins are not a threat if you know how to contain them. Besides a kickoff return for a touchdown, that was pretty much it.
    Longview did what Cocoa did. Their D line was in the backfield before the play could really even get started.
    2009 State Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by elprezidente View Post
    everytime you eat a steak, a hippies hackysack falls in the sewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsstud View Post
    looks like something from the depths of the merkel trailerpark
    In reference to "wtf is a bearcat?"

I had nothing to do with this. I still think you guys are top 10 material. Ronnel did good things at times, but besides the KR, Herchell was very quite. Abilene's defense was legit, but as many have pointed out, Longview had 2 TD's called back.

BTW, why wasnt Abilene's band in attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack4life View Post
    I had nothing to do with this. I still think you guys are top 10 material. Ronnel did good things at times, but besides the KR, Herchell was very quite. Abilene's defense was legit, but as many have pointed out, Longview had 2 TD's called back.

I dont think we r top 10 right now. ...top 20 yeah. Our oline is really struggling....we have pretty much the same skill position players from last year but we r not getting it done up front. Last year our oline was DOMINATING....this year not.

im not sure why the AHS band did not attend. They were also absent from the Cocoa FL game in Desoto 2 weeks ago. They did attend the opener against Belton at the Alamodome. Probably some AISD budget issues.
    Abilene Eagles
    2009 Texas 5A Division 2
    State Champions

Banned

[QUOTE=wolfpack4life;1614473]I had nothing to do with this. I still think you guys are top 10 material. Ronnel did good things at times, but besides the KR, Herchell was very quite. Abilene's defense was legit, but as many have pointed out, Longview had 2 TD's called back.

BTW, why wasnt Abilene's band in attendance?[/QUOTE]

Because the idiot band director refuses to travel on yellow hounds. School district only pays for charters for one non-district game, they took those to San Antonio. Yellow Hounds are available, they charge around a buck a mile but he absolutely refuses.

No offense to the kids but our band sucks. Not their fault, it's the director...

btw... don't get me started on the bum once again.

[QUOTE=AbEagleFan;1614481]

BTW, why wasnt Abilene's band in attendance?[/QUOTE]

Because the idiot band director refuses to travel on yellow hounds. School district only pays for charters for one non-district game, they took those to San Antonio. Yellow Hounds are available, they charge around a buck a mile but he absolutely refuses.

No offense to the kids but our band sucks. Not their fault, it's the director...

btw... don't get me started on the bum once again.
    Oh no....not again
    Abilene Eagles
    2009 Texas 5A Division 2
    State Champions

Banned

It's hard to know where Abilene is. Are they good? Are they bad? The latter would only add insult to what I thought was a very good ball control team in LV. HS is hurting, I don't care what anyone says. When he comes to the sidelines with that shoulder hanging down, it's hurting.

I guess we are all spoiled and had great expectations because of the way last year ended and the fact we were bringing back our core 3 on offense. LV fans, HS didn't have a great game but that run at the end of the game that was called back, that's what we saw all the time last year. That's what got us all fired up about this season. btw... why on earth did you kick off to him?

LV wanted this game tonight. They controlled both lines (though our D did step up in the 2nd half) but even during their last drive in regulation when their TD was called back, they were hustling to the line, they wanted it. I just haven't seen that in our kids this year.

Banned

[QUOTE=eaglefan87;1614485]
    Quote Originally Posted by AbEagleFan View Post

Oh no....not again

It's not easy defending state. Only a few elite programs are able to do that. Abilene will not be one of them. They had a great run last year.

IMO, defenses have to give up a lot less points to be considered legit.