Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight on WFAA news 8.......

Default Tonight on WFAA news 8.......

"How do you eat an elephant? ONE BITE AT A TIME!"

"They ain't ready for this *****!"

"Wired, but lose!"

"Hanging from the rafters!"

Default Re: Tonight on WFAA news 8.......

Quote Originally Posted by crunked9 View Post
    You would think that Deion's kid would be a bigger story than an Oklahoma ice throwers kid.

He was getting enough touches and was frustrated...............so I will move back to Flower Mound because of their superior academics???????????????
    Last edited by dragonpants; 09-23-2010 at 09:22 AM.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by crunked9 View Post
    Ha ha. The biggest difference is when they transfer in state, if the coach from where he left (in this case, McGuire) signs a release form saying he doesn't think its for athletic reasons, it won't turn into a big deal. Daxx's biggest problem was always that he moved from out of state, and left issues behind me when he moved.

BS has been exposing bad cops in Ellis county the past few days

Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Ha ha. The biggest difference is when they transfer in state, if the coach from where he left (in this case, McGuire) signs a release form saying he doesn't think its for athletic reasons, it won't turn into a big deal. Daxx's biggest problem was always that he moved from out of state, and left issues behind me when he moved.
    I think it is funny that parents are so forthright when there are no eligibility issues, went to the private school for academics but once he is in high school went to CH because of superior athletics so I am assuming he went to Marcus for the academics and had nothing to do with his frustration over number of touches............ok i will let it go.

All-World

The Sanders kid deal has been scrubbed head to toe. His mom really and truly did move to the FM Marcus residency district. McGuire didn't have to sign the release, and I respect his opinion on the matter.

Now, Marcus' basketball team..... that's another matter! Watch the blogosphere later this school year....

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JagDad07 View Post
    The Sanders kid deal has been scrubbed head to toe. His mom really and truly did move to the FM Marcus residency district. McGuire didn't have to sign the release, and I respect his opinion on the matter.

Now, Marcus' basketball team..... that's another matter! Watch the blogosphere later this school year....
    I think I just read this wrong at first. You are just saying that he did sign the release, even though he didn't have to, I agree with that.

I'd say it's pretty fair to conclude Little Deion did it all for athletics after leaving the private school.
    Owning homes and having a history of living in the two areas would make it quite a burden to prove it was done for athletic purposes other than using Deion Sr's statements alluding to unhappiness with the amount of touches the young one was getting at CHILL in their run based offense.
    He neatly wrapped up that statement by saying that the mother just so happened to be moving back where her friends were so it all came together.
    Obvious loophole, but it's there.

My wife wanted to buy a house she loved in Allen.............my son would have fit in perfectly being a slashing style smaller size RB with quick feet that also does kick and punt returns. There just so happens to be an abundance of them at Arlington Bowie.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

Juniors parents, the principle and AD of Marcus made sure all the I's were dotted and T's crossed before he moved.

His mom bought a house instead of renting with funny clauses in the lease agreements.

No comparison with the Daxx transfer.

Do I think he moved for athletic reasons? Yep but they jumped through the loopholes right. Plus the coach he left did not raise a stink, that was key to the whole thing. I think if his former coach had checked the box saying he transferred for athletic reasons it would have been a whole different thing. I am assuming that the coach at Chill did not check that box.

No need to bring up other kids. We know there are plenty of things going on that are on the edge but UIL approved. We must all remember that these are kids and act accordingly.
    God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    No need to bring up other kids. We know there are plenty of things going on that are on the edge but UIL approved. We must all remember that these are kids and act accordingly.
    I only made mention because the article was public on Rivals and Yahoo.
    Not that I would create a forum on it......but commented since it was up.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

It's all c9's fault! (That rumormonger!)

It all started on Chigger Hill!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    I only made mention because the article was public on Rivals and Yahoo.
    Not that I would create a forum on it......but commented since it was up.
    understand. There are plenty of high profile "opportunities" for investigative journalists to bend and shape in a 10 minute TV segment, implying all sorts of things. People will believe the worst. After having gone through that, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

understand. There are plenty of high profile "opportunities" for investigative journalists to bend and shape in a 10 minute TV segment, implying all sorts of things. People will believe the worst. After having gone through that, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    felt that pain Feb4, 2005

All-District

Like I have always said....UIL need to change the rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    felt that pain Feb4, 2005
    I suspect I know what that was, and I was probably wrong then in some things I said. We all need to walk a mile in others shoes don't we? I have thought about that since then, esp when panther99 was digging me. You, TulsaHale, and our current situation made me think about how those things get played out and kept me silent. Glad I was able to stay restrained for once.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    I'd say it's pretty fair to conclude Little Deion did it all for athletics after leaving the private school.
    Owning homes and having a history of living in the two areas would make it quite a burden to prove it was done for athletic purposes other than using Deion Sr's statements alluding to unhappiness with the amount of touches the young one was getting at CHILL in their run based offense.
    He neatly wrapped up that statement by saying that the mother just so happened to be moving back where her friends were so it all came together.
    Obvious loophole, but it's there.

My wife wanted to buy a house she loved in Allen.............my son would have fit in perfectly being a slashing style smaller size RB with quick feet that also does kick and punt returns. There just so happens to be an abundance of them at Arlington Bowie.

Our loss E-Vol . . . . .

When we are all dead and gone, there will be allendad walking up to the Grand Stadium with his cane... People will whisper to each other in reverence - as he slowly shuffles past, "There's allendad, he's a legend!!" -From the keyboard of Bigdaddydog- June2010

"Popularity is not a measuring-stick for truth"

no need to bring up other kids. We know there are plenty of things going on that are on the edge but uil approved. We must all remember that these are kids and act accordingly.
    +1.

Actually I think the most interesting piece of this article is these two paragraphs:

Though Sanders adeptly runs the Marcus offense, Erwin said the 5-7, 170-pounder is too small to play quarterback on the next level and that he will be a slot receiver or cornerback at a Division-I school.

The junior, who also plays baseball and basketball, has neither a college list nor any preferences regarding geography, coaches, atmosphere, etc. He considered attending camp last year at LSU but ultimately declined because his father could instruct him as well as the college coaches.

Lttle bit of a presumption don't you think? He seems like a good kid with his head on straight but to say that he will be a slot receiver at a D-1 school and that his Dad can teach him as much as the College Coaches...c'mon the reason he will be a D-1 slot receiver has nothing to do with his ability...it will have everything to do with his name.
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"Im not saying Im batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

All-World

I've never seen the kid play, but if he's 5'-7", there's no guarentee he'll be a D1 athlete playing any position.