Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LT Thread

All-Galaxy Defense wins championship's Avatar

Default Re: Official LT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SV61 View Post
    Know this is the LT thread, but I'll add my .02 about Lawrence.

The sooner he learns to set up his blocks, and then TRUST them, the better he will be. Granted in the spread style offense SV ran these last few years, the decision of WHERE to run is pretty cut and dried. But, many times Mattie would still try to break it outside. That can drive lineman nuts! I want to also see him on some either off tackle, or even outside runs, hand on the back of a O-lineman, and cutting off of a block. He is big, but I think he has it in him. Hopefully this spring, they will work on his trusting of his O-line. He made great strides with this last season!
    That is EXACTLY what Lagasse taught Nixon this year! Nixon was ready to put it down regardless of this blockers and would get 2-3 yards often times. When he learned to be patient and wait for his blockers, he was hard to stop. As a junior this fall, Nixon will be really good.

I expect Mattison to prove why he is a DI shoe-in!
    ***Toughest Team Wins ***

Quote Originally Posted by Defense wins championship View Post
    That is EXACTLY what Lagasse taught Nixon this year! Nixon was ready to put it down regardless of this blockers and would get 2-3 yards often times. When he learned to be patient and wait for his blockers, he was hard to stop. As a junior this fall, Nixon will be really good.

MAN, Good to see a familiar "face"!

The gang is startin to stir after the long Winters hibernation.

MAN, Good to see a familiar "face"!

The gang is startin to stir after the long Winters hibernation.

Yes sir! How's your eye?

Mattison will be off the charts this year. As I mentioned before, the QB was kind of a stiff last year...if SV shores up some passing/running production from a QB this year, the sky's the limit!

Yes sir! How's your eye?

Mattison will be off the charts this year. As I mentioned before, the QB was kind of a stiff last year...if SV shores up some passing/running production from a QB this year, the sky's the limit!

LOLOLOL, the eye is Otay!

I think Nixon will be just fine this season. I was impressed with him last season, and did see the potential to get better.

As for Mattison, this spring will tell me a lot. I also know that he will have some motivation this spring, with other talented RBs getting practice time. It may help him understand better how to follow blocks, or it may be a different "mission statement" type of back. NO matter, it will motivate and make Lawrence get better. I am all for it.

LOLOLOL, the eye is Otay!

I think Nixon will be just fine this season. I was impressed with him last season, and did see the potential to get better.

As for Mattison, this spring will tell me a lot. I also know that he will have some motivation this spring, with other talented RBs getting practice time. It may help him understand better how to follow blocks, or it may be a different "mission statement" type of back. NO matter, it will motivate and make Lawrence get better. I am all for it.
    Did you know Buff has been up at LT working on the field improvements? I think he's a spy for Jinks...

Did you know Buff has been up at LT working on the field improvements? I think he's a spy for Jinks...
    Did not know that. Make sure he is familiar with the tobacco policy, while on campus.......

I still owe him a dinner from last season. NO, I didn't lose a bet (for once), it's just that he picked up dinner, so now it's my turn.

We gotta do that some time.....

Did not know that. Make sure he is familiar with the tobacco policy, while on campus.......

I still owe him a dinner from last season. NO, I didn't lose a bet (for once), it's just that he picked up dinner, so now it's my turn.

I sent him over to Flores for lunch last time...I wonder if he could even drive home afterward ???

It's mid April, and I'm really bored. So I've been Youtubing it. Good times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGjha...ture=endscreen

It's a Johnny Manziel highlight reel. That was a scary game! I know this is the LT thread, but I can't believe I almost forgot how GOOD that guy was!! Does anybody know what's going on with him? Is he still at A&M?
    2014 Lake Travis Cavaliers 0-0 (0-0)
    New Season, New Team, One Dream

8/29 Waco Midway
    9/5 @ Copperas Cove
    9/12 @ Buda Hays
    9/19 OPEN
    9/26 Del Valle
    10/3 @ Kyle Lehman
    10/10 Austin Anderson
    10/17 @ Austin High
    10/24 Westlake
    10/31 @ Austin Bowie
    11/7 Austin Akins

2013 District 15-5A Champs, 5A D2 R2 Champs 12-2 (6-0)
    2012 District 15-5A Champs 9-2 (6-0)
    2007-2011 5x 4A State Champs 77-3 Overall Record

Go Cavs! & Hook 'em Horns!!

Know this is the LT thread, but I'll add my .02 about Lawrence.

The sooner he learns to set up his blocks, and then TRUST them, the better he will be. Granted in the spread style offense SV ran these last few years, the decision of WHERE to run is pretty cut and dried. But, many times Mattie would still try to break it outside. That can drive lineman nuts! I want to also see him on some either off tackle, or even outside runs, hand on the back of a O-lineman, and cutting off of a block. He is big, but I think he has it in him. Hopefully this spring, they will work on his trusting of his O-line. He made great strides with this last season!
    Agree 100%. I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see SV come out in some QB under center and some 'stacked' backfield sets and 'I' sets this year. I know if I had a beast like him, he'd be comin' downhill!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

Yup, Nixon impressed me mucho for a young, soph RB this year. There is no doubt that he could become something very special at LT the next two years!
    Cibolo Steele Knights

Ha, LMAO.

DWC, we are not working at the HS campus, we are going after the Middle school renovation/addition work.

There is a tobacco policy up there at LT? What a bunch of stiffs!

As far as dinner, you don't owe me chit SV61, it was my pleasure. And besides, it don't get any cheaper then Seebalo's finest Mexican Food Palace! Great food at a great price.........damn you just can't beat it.
    Cibolo Steele Knights

I sent him over to Flores for lunch last time...I wonder if he could even drive home afterward ???
    We ended up at Chilis instead DWC. I'm hoping we land that project at the Middle school so I can get over to Flores and try it out.
    By the way, the LT gear all over Chilis is kickass! That is really, really cool.
    Cibolo Steele Knights

Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    We ended up at Chilis instead DWC. I'm hoping we land that project at the Middle school so I can get over to Flores and try it out.
    By the way, the LT gear all over Chilis is kickass! That is really, really cool.
    D@mn shame Buff...Flores has a couple "special" margaritas that will put you on your back! Plus, their salsa makes you even more thirsty. They used to close down @ 10pm on Friday nights...now, they keep it open after the game until all the fans fill the house and load up.

The new turf and the expanded seating will be pretty cool. The parking will remain...CHALLENGING though...where's 61...he usually chimes in about now .

Quote Originally Posted by clemensbuff View Post
    Are you talking about the new LTMS or just renovations to the current one?

8/29 Waco Midway
    9/5 @ Copperas Cove
    9/12 @ Buda Hays
    9/19 OPEN
    9/26 Del Valle
    10/3 @ Kyle Lehman
    10/10 Austin Anderson
    10/17 @ Austin High
    10/24 Westlake
    10/31 @ Austin Bowie
    11/7 Austin Akins

D@mn shame Buff...Flores has a couple "special" margaritas that will put you on your back! Plus, their salsa makes you even more thirsty. They used to close down @ 10pm on Friday nights...now, they keep it open after the game until all the fans fill the house and load up.

The new turf and the expanded seating will be pretty cool. The parking will remain...CHALLENGING though...where's 61...he usually chimes in about now .
    I thought Flores closed and moved to a different location?!

8/29 Waco Midway
    9/5 @ Copperas Cove
    9/12 @ Buda Hays
    9/19 OPEN
    9/26 Del Valle
    10/3 @ Kyle Lehman
    10/10 Austin Anderson
    10/17 @ Austin High
    10/24 Westlake
    10/31 @ Austin Bowie
    11/7 Austin Akins

You're goin 5A now. You gotta improve the facilities. Good news about the stands. The turf is a neat deal also. Same parking? GOTTA do something about that.

Believe me, SV used to be AWFUL in the parking scenario. Frankly, I am surprised that no one got hurt BAD, makin the 40 yard dash across the highway. At night. The stands at SV were adequate. Now, they are better. The bathrooms still suck. Pretty decent snack bar. The down hominess has always been neat (location). When they improved the parking?? Made ALL the difference in the world. I think all it REALLY needs now, is to mike the white hat.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeTravisAlum View Post
    I thought Flores closed and moved to a different location?!
    It did, now in strip @ 620 & Lohmans Crossing

It did, now in strip @ 620 & Lohmans Crossing
    Oh I thought they closed the Lakeway location. Glad it's still there. They just added a 4th location in Four Points off of 620.

8/29 Waco Midway
    9/5 @ Copperas Cove
    9/12 @ Buda Hays
    9/19 OPEN
    9/26 Del Valle
    10/3 @ Kyle Lehman
    10/10 Austin Anderson
    10/17 @ Austin High
    10/24 Westlake
    10/31 @ Austin Bowie
    11/7 Austin Akins

You're goin 5A now. You gotta improve the facilities. Good news about the stands. The turf is a neat deal also. Same parking? GOTTA do something about that.

Believe me, SV used to be AWFUL in the parking scenario. Frankly, I am surprised that no one got hurt BAD, makin the 40 yard dash across the highway. At night. The stands at SV were adequate. Now, they are better. The bathrooms still suck. Pretty decent snack bar. The down hominess has always been neat (location). When they improved the parking?? Made ALL the difference in the world. I think all it REALLY needs now, is to mike the white hat.
    The parking gives LT that "competitive edge" we talk about. The philosophy is deep...make your opponent's fans park far away. Make them walk. Hope that they are mostly out of shape. Stamina to cheer intensely throughout the ENTIRE game is limited. LT players hear an overwhelming roar throughout the game from their fans, muffling out the weaker opponent's fans.

The parking gives LT that "competitive edge" we talk about. The philosophy is deep...make your opponent's fans park far away. Make them walk. Hope that they are mostly out of shape. Stamina to cheer intensely throughout the ENTIRE game is limited. LT players hear an overwhelming roar throughout the game from their fans, muffling out the weaker opponent's fans.
    Yea, that is the same crap we tried peddlin at SV back in the day.

I guess I could just park at Flores.

Tivy has a lot of the issues parking wise, that LT has.

If you would just quit winnin so dang much........

Okay ladies and germs. The countdown has begun. Steed number 3 is 95% complete (just have to re-torque the rear axle nut to 130 lb/ft (I know a LOT)), and ready for the trip to West Texas commencing at 0900 Thursday morning. Won't be back till Monday afternoon. Woooo Freakin, Hoooo!