Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 178

Thread: Madison vs. Judson

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    2,496

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    For judson to win the game they will have to pass the ball successfully and do it a lot...Madison's strength on defense is the D-line...they are very tough to run against...i also think it might be the same way for madison against Judsons defense, we are going to have to pass the ball...hopefully a.j. meyers has a repeat of his last game passing and Madison should be ok...

  2. #22
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in Space
    Posts
    12,249

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn3 View Post
    For judson to win the game they will have to pass the ball successfully and do it a lot...Madison's strength on defense is the D-line...they are very tough to run against...i also think it might be the same way for madison against Judsons defense, we are going to have to pass the ball...hopefully a.j. meyers has a repeat of his last game passing and Madison should be ok...


    If your QB can run then you should have no problems, but if you only run the RB's then Judson should do OK. Judson cannot stop a QB running to save thier live but will shut down a RB go figure. Judson does have some nice receivers but we did not throw that much against Churchill, which was 5 times. I believe that was because they will want to throw more aganst Madison and did not want to show the scouts yto much.
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

    36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

  3. #23
    All-Interweb jrock210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Converse
    Posts
    13,717

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    So much hostility in this thread...

    Anyways...
    As a homer I have to give this one to Judson 24-21. Should be a decent game though.
    Best Poster At The Game- 2010 Winner

    RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

  4. #24
    All-State
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    san antonio tx
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    I've attended every Madison-Judson game since 2002. I've also seen Judson players at Madison games rooting for the Mavs and vice versa when we weren't playing each other. No one has more respect for the Judson program and players than this old fan. Every game has been a knockdown dragout contest, with ferocious hits, great plays, and no quit by either side. Tough but clean every time. Can't ask for better football regardless of outcome.
    Maybe some of the posters on this board should comport themselves according to the example set over the years by these two terrific teams. Good luck this year Rockets!
    We'll give you the best we have, may the better team win.

  5. #25
    All-Universe clemensbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SEEBALO, TX
    Posts
    8,907

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn3 View Post
    don't go to the games then..since the mav fans are so nasty...you always have that choice...there are a couple of guys that get out of control at the coaches and i hear it and agree with what they say but not the way they say it and specially out loud at a football game where you look like an idiot..and yes the MMM was meant for those idiots that want to vocally be stupid...but you are not a Mav fan so why the name???? all your posts are about how great Macarthur is and steele is but not one for your own team??? i got you now

    Ya'll are some nasty sonsofguns!
    Cibolo Steele Knights
    2010 5a D2 State Champions!!!
    2011 5a D2 State Finalist
    Winners of last 54 of 58 games

  6. #26
    All-Galaxy J-Rock Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Where am I?????
    Posts
    2,818

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Alright from what I am seeing my Rocket Boiz are the underdogs which is a great place to be. That adds fuel to their fire. It is going to be one hell of a game. I can't wait.

    J-J-JUD S-S-SON R-O-C-K-E-T-S JUDSON ROCKETS ARE THE BEST!!!!!

  7. #27
    All-World patient1019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,137

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    I always like giving two predictions. If Madison is on their game and runs at Judson early, I have Madison winning 34-27.

    If Judson is indeed beginning its mid-to-late season resurgence, then I'll take the Rockets 28-23.
    TEXAS '12

  8. #28
    All-American playballpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    new braunfels
    Posts
    819

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    in response to sa madison mav fan...i almost hate to post an opposing opinion to anyone...i may catch some grief, but ill go ahead and try...im not sure what you are basing the good passing game comment on. 4 for 5 for 47 yds against churchill...not exactly prolific...but what do i know...im an idiot
    Last edited by playballpk; 09-20-2010 at 11:34 AM.

  9. #29
    All-District
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by playballpk View Post
    in response to sa madison mav fan...i almost hate to post an opposing opinion to anyone...i may catch some grief, but ill go ahead and try...im not sure what you are basing the good passing game comment on. 4 for 5 for 47 yds against churchill...not exactly prolific...but what do i know...im an idiot
    What the Judson fans are excited for is that Judson CAN pass now and when they want not only when they need to (Although it seems like the latter happened against Churchil).

  10. #30
    All-Galaxy J-Rock Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Where am I?????
    Posts
    2,818

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by RnB View Post
    What the Judson fans are excited for is that Judson CAN pass now and when they want not only when they need to (Although it seems like the latter happened against Churchil).
    That is right, in years past we really didn't have passing QB's but we now have some and more coming up in the next year or so!!

  11. #31
    All-Universe SV61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    COMFORT able
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Rock Mom View Post
    That is right, in years past we really didn't have passing QB's but we now have some and more coming up in the next year or so!!
    Really? Do Tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    Reading everything on here, why are they even playing? I mean, shouldn't Madison stomp a mudhole in them?

    I think Madison wins. But I think it is a very close game. Say, about four points.

    BTW, where is the game being played?

  12. #32
    All-American Bottomline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alamo Heights
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Judson Fans ... Meet Longhorn3 He means well ... Why don't we just forget about this game and have Longhorn3 and SA_Madison_Mav_Fan meet at the fifty ! Going to be great game. Mav's will be missing two solid starters but should still be ok. Our goal should be to get out of this one healthier than we did our last game .... Go Get'em Mav's
    '' Some want it to Happen ... Some wish it would Happen ... Others make it Happen " MJ COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]

    " You were not created to be average " ...

  13. #33
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer eingedikid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    758

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline View Post
    ....Our goal should be to get out of this one healthier than we did our last game ....
    Amen to that. We got dinged up a little ourselves, both players and fans.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    2,496

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by SV61 View Post
    Really? Do Tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    Reading everything on here, why are they even playing? I mean, shouldn't Madison stomp a mudhole in them?

    I think Madison wins. But I think it is a very close game. Say, about four points.

    BTW, where is the game being played?
    I guess you must be talking about another thread cause most of the takes have been that judson will win...only one that thinks madison will win is me, playball, rocketman..everyone else says judson..im sure you just wanted to chime in and put your two cents in..well guess what your getting change back because your statement was worthless...instagator you are!!!! nobody every said madison would stomp a mudhole in them...you are the first to say it...thank you come again

  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    2,496

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by playballpk View Post
    in response to sa madison mav fan...i almost hate to post an opposing opinion to anyone...i may catch some grief, but ill go ahead and try...im not sure what you are basing the good passing game comment on. 4 for 5 for 47 yds against churchill...not exactly prolific...but what do i know...im an idiot
    Im with you on this one,,,what passing game? i have yet to see it..but to set the record straight i havent been to their games to see how much they pass, i can only go by the box score...i guess 5 passes in a game constitutes a good passing game..bro don't worry weather or not anybody on here likes you or dislikes you, what does it really mean in life??? squat...give an opinion and believe in your team like you do...if they don't like it, so be it...im not going to sugar coat anything for the sake of being a nice guy...i believe in madison, i want them to win..im a homer...so are you...most in here are very pasionate about their teams and if you say one wrong thing about their team, its like a hoard of coyotes swarming for a good meal...

  16. #36
    All-Galaxy DiamondJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Universal City
    Posts
    3,694

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Numerous posters have predicted a good game which I believe will be the case. Madison has defeated two good teams in Steele & NB, and loss to a very good Tivy team. Judson lost to #1 Mac and was victorious over two undefeated teams in Rosie and Churchill. TO's always seem to play a very important role in the game between Madison & Judson. As previously stated, I hope both teams come out injury free and get ready for district play.
    "Do your best, don't sweat the rest"
    Tradition of Excellence
    State Champions: 83, 88, 92, 93, 95, 02
    Semifinal Champions: 83,88,90,92,93,95,96,98,02,05,07
    Regional Champions: 82,83,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,98,02,04,05,07

    37consecutive winning seasons: 1977-Present

  17. #37
    All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn3 View Post
    Im with you on this one,,,what passing game? i have yet to see it..but to set the record straight i havent been to their games to see how much they pass, i can only go by the box score...i guess 5 passes in a game constitutes a good passing game..bro don't worry weather or not anybody on here likes you or dislikes you, what does it really mean in life??? squat...give an opinion and believe in your team like you do...if they don't like it, so be it...im not going to sugar coat anything for the sake of being a nice guy...i believe in madison, i want them to win..im a homer...so are you...most in here are very pasionate about their teams and if you say one wrong thing about their team, its like a hoard of coyotes swarming for a good meal...
    Let me help you out shorthorn3, especially since for some odd reason you are only using the stats from 1 game even though Judson has played 4 games already. I know you said you haven't been to Judson's games, but you state that you look at the box scores. Through 4 games, Judson has 411 yds passing. That's roughly a 103 ypg average. They are averaging about 11 pass attempts per game while completing 6 of those. Now I know that does not sound like alot, but if you ask those who follow the Rockets more than you do, you will find out that those numbers are almost double from years past. I took a quick gander at Madison's passing numbers, and though they are better, not by much. Through 3 games, Madison has 338 passing yds. That's about 113 ypg. They are averaging 14 pass attempts while completing 6 per game. Very close wouldn't you say. Now I know that Madison is not a passing team either, and with a plethera of Greens who would be, but they do pass more than Judson, historically speaking. So for Judson to be close to Madison stat wise in the passing game is a sign that the Rocket coaching staff have made an effort to somewhat diversify their game. Not asking you to sugar coat your opinion, just base them on the facts. Good luck to your Mavs, may the best team win. I'm a homer as well, so I'll take my Rockets in a close one.

    Go Rockets!!

  18. #38
    All-World nevaplayedk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    late 80's, early 90's...u can find me!
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Fire up ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He is I and I am Him!!

    IN CANIS CONFIDERUS

    God Bless Kent Atwell...(Atwelljroc)
    37 CONSECUTIVE WINNING SEASONS

  19. #39
    All-Galaxy J-Rock Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Where am I?????
    Posts
    2,818

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by SV61 View Post
    Really? Do Tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    Reading everything on here, why are they even playing? I mean, shouldn't Madison stomp a mudhole in them?

    I think Madison wins. But I think it is a very close game. Say, about four points.

    BTW, where is the game being played?

  20. #40
    All-Universe SV61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    COMFORT able
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn3 View Post
    I guess you must be talking about another thread cause most of the takes have been that judson will win...only one that thinks madison will win is me, playball, rocketman..everyone else says judson..im sure you just wanted to chime in and put your two cents in..well guess what your getting change back because your statement was worthless...instagator you are!!!! nobody every said madison would stomp a mudhole in them...you are the first to say it...thank you come again
    Why, Thank you.

    It sure is fun, drawing you out of your shell, you wallflower!!!!



    You think that I am the first one to comment, indirectly or not, that Madison wins this game going away. Lol. I would humbly suggest that you go and do a search on your previous posts, for starters.

    Yes, I am talking about other threads as well. Other threads where posters (numerous posters) tout Madison as the second coming (they ain't, not this year), and posters (posters such as yourself) tout Judson as MAYBE average. Judson ain't average, they're better than average. What other conclusion should one draw from that?

    THAT'S why I also stated, that I thought the game would be close.

    SO, AGAIN, where is the game being played?

    And finally, I also mention that Madison would win. Not Judson. Gotta change your post now!

    Okay, carry on.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •