Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madison vs. Judson

Default Madison vs. Judson

Last non district game for both teams. Winner depends on which real team shows up next Saturday. Neither team has put together a complete four quarter game yet. Madison definetly has the offense as does Judson, but both are suspect on defense at times. Rockets are still struggling with the run defense. Judson leads the series 21-8 and since 2000 is 5-3.
    "Do your best, don't sweat the rest"
    Tradition of Excellence
    State Champions: 83, 88, 92, 93, 95, 02
    Semifinal Champions: 83,88,90,92,93,95,96,98,02,05,07
    Regional Champions: 82,83,88,89,90,91,92,93,94,95,96,98,02,04,05,07

37consecutive winning seasons: 1977-Present

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer eingedikid's Avatar

Default Re: Madison vs. Judson

If it rains again I think I'll look for a seat on the 1st row if Comalander's all aluminum like Rutledge is (if memory serves correctly they "upgraded" to all metal a few years back as well). I thought I was being careful after some near-misses in the rain games last year, but I guess I don't know how to implement the definition of "careful." In any event I'm pleased to report that my custom-made HEY! HEY! shirt came through unscathed---only one nail-head sized spot of blood on it).

Now, on the subject at hand, the 5-3 record is somewhat deceiving because starting in 1999 through 2005 the teams split, with Judson winning in the even-numbered years and Madison taking the odds. Then, as a 26-5A "going away present" Judson took the last two in 2006 and 2007. Hopefully they can establish a new streak like the one they had going from 1986-98.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer mad_fan's Avatar

Judson wins...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong Hu View Post
    It is sublime insights such as this that indeed make the yard the MAD_HOUSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Seriously, though, why do you say the crap you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_phoenix612 View Post
    Why are you so aggressively ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    mad_fan is a puss... mad_fan is soulless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Alum View Post
    That may be the stupidest accusation I've ever seen. That's just plane stupidity on your part, I think you know that.

Arguably the best SA-area rivalry the past decade or so. The two programs genuinely respect each other - coaches, players, and fans - plenty of ties through the years. Just a great atmosphere when the Mavs and Rockets get it on.

I've seen both teams multiple times this year and objectively speaking:

Madison Offense vs Judson Defense - advantage Madison
    Judson Offense vs Madison Defense - slight advantage Judson
    Judson ST vs Madison ST - huge advantage Judson
    Madison coaching vs Judson coaching - draw

I see Judson winning another classic 34-32 due to great Judson special teams play.

Just being objective, fellow Mavs....can't wait 'til Saturday night at Comalander!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TexasRed6x's Avatar

This has the making of a real track meet, because I don't each team will be able to stop the others offense. Judson is at this point a very up and down team, they do have the ability to play good football but again they haven't played 4 quarters yet.
    2010 5ATF Fantasy Football Champion

36 In A Row And Counting!!!!!!!!

ill be honest...i havent watched judson this year...but based on my belief that judson and NB are probably similar level teams(their offenses look a lot different)...i would say madison by about a touchdown...and for what its worth #92 at DT for madison is a difference maker...and if bandidoNB gets around to reading this...what was dumb?...did i disgrace my name on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by SA_Madison_Mav_Fan View Post
    Arguably the best SA-area rivalry the past decade or so. The two programs genuinely respect each other - coaches, players, and fans - plenty of ties through the years. Just a great atmosphere when the Mavs and Rockets get it on.

I see Judson winning another classic 34-32 due to great Judson special teams play.

Just being objective, fellow Mavs....can't wait 'til Saturday night at Comalander!
    i have to disagree about the judson offense...again im not totally in the know, but isnt judson primarily a running team...if they are, their backs will get tired of seeing #6 up from safety and #92 at DT...but im sure the rockets will find a way to put up a decent amount of points.

Judson has a good passing game. Their WRs are really good athletes and you can tell they have been working on getting the ball downfield. Nothing like before when the token passes were to keep the defense honest - it is part of the gameplan this year.

Judson sealed the game vs Roosevelt with a beautifully executed play action to the flats where the RB took it 50yds to the house.

Not saying they spread it out and chuck it - they don't, but if Madison packs 8-9 in the box all game they will get burned by the pass a few times.
    Last edited by SA_Madison_Mav_Fan; 09-19-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Judson has a good passing game. Their WRs are really good athletes and you can tell they have been working on getting the ball downfield. Nothing like before when the token passes were to keep the defense honest - it is part of the gameplan this year.

Judson sealed the game vs Roosevelt with a beautifully executed play action to the flats where the RB took it 50yds to the house.

Not saying they spread it out and chuck it - they don't, but if Madison packs 8-9 in the box all game they will get burned by the pass a few times.
    cool, ive got to respect your opinion as you are a mav fan proping the judson passing game...and im sure you know plenty about #92 and #6...sounds like it should be a good game...im looking forward to seeing how this one comes out as it will help start making the 25-5a race a little clearer.

Oh most definitely...Vincent Taylor (92) and Andre Wiggins (6) are studs - Judson will have fits with them.

As for the 255 - NB, Judson, and Steele should fight it out for the title - I've seen them all (yes, I am a football junkie!) - and all have talent and solid coaching, and all 3 are capable of advancing in the playoffs - just a matter of health, discipline, and breaks.

As for the 265 - Mac will be very tough to beat.

Banned

and we all already know your a Macarthur fan disquised as a madison fan..so you are not objective

I know many Mac fans...they are nice people...not nearly as nasty as some Madison fans at the games.

I get the MMM, too...

Banned

first off you are not a madison fan so quit acting like you are...every week its the same thing..why the other team is going to win but never Madison has the better team..here in this post you start out by saying that Judson has a good passing game..first person i have heard say that in a decade...lol...then you say they are working on getting the ball down field...yet your play you said won the game for them was a play action pass in the flat...guess that goes against the token pass play hey??? football junkie?? how about football flunkie...when you come with a take come with one that you don't look stupid on...Madison is going to try and make them pass...their best player on their offense is Q.Jones...what do you want madison do play the pass???? im going to guess that Judson can't put up 30 points on Madison what so ever..unless they get a "Rocket" up their rump...for judson to win it will have to be low scoring which is a possibility, not saying judson cant win but your now putting them up there with tivy offense as far as scoring...don't think so bro

Internet Anger Management anyone? I heard it works...

Banned

Internet Anger Management anyone? I heard it works...
    Im calling you out bro...i just read all your posts...count how many times you said madison would win a game....give me one good post about madison you have said other then we bring fans to a game...you rep Mac bro..and don't even deny it...this guy is a Mac fan and comes in here under a madison name...you just got busted...

O.....m.....g

All-American

I love my Rockets but I have to be honest too, so I have to go with Madison in this game I've seen both play and it will be a good game but just feel Madison is a little better right now when the playoffs come rolling around in 7 weeks Judson may be playing better.

Madison 35 Judson 24.......

Banned

I know many Mac fans...they are nice people...not nearly as nasty as some Madison fans at the games.

I get the MMM, too...
    don't go to the games then..since the mav fans are so nasty...you always have that choice...there are a couple of guys that get out of control at the coaches and i hear it and agree with what they say but not the way they say it and specially out loud at a football game where you look like an idiot..and yes the MMM was meant for those idiots that want to vocally be stupid...but you are not a Mav fan so why the name???? all your posts are about how great Macarthur is and steele is but not one for your own team??? i got you now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I love my Rockets but I have to be honest too, so I have to go with Madison in this game I've seen both play and it will be a good game but just feel Madison is a little better right now when the playoffs come rolling around in 7 weeks Judson may be playing better.

That might be a little high on the score board... for me its
    Madison 21-17 i just hope the game is played hard and the best team comes out...i do agree that come playoff time..judson will be better then Madison..that is a norm

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post

Should be a great game.

I particularly enjoy watching Judson's Special Teams play - it's evident that Rackley emphasizes STs in practice - kicking, punting, and coverage.

Sure hope it doesn't rain. No matter the outcome, this is SA HS Football at it's best - doesn't get much better than Madison vs Judson on a Saturday night!