Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7-5A email: No meeting on SLC 7-on-7 questions needed

Starter

Default 7-5A email: No meeting on SLC 7-on-7 questions needed

Email from committee chairman on theoldcoach cancels meeting after unanimous vote it's "not needed"

DEC email cancels 7-on-7 meeting

Default Re: 7-5A email: No meeting on SLC 7-on-7 questions needed

We need to thank District 6-5A for this speedy resolution by the District 7-5A.

Quote Originally Posted by toonman View Post
    We need to thank District 6-5A for this speedy resolution by the District 7-5A.
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

No surprise here. With Trinity being cleared, unanimously, was there anything consider regarding Carroll? The right call was made here.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn.” — C.S. Lewis

All-World

So it's fine and dandy to coach from the endzone during 7v7?

Glad to know - everyone in the state will be coaching their kids from the endzone this coming year.

All-State

Did you notice Guyer's name was also listed as part of the investigation? Guess they were the other team that was warming up while all the "coaching" was going on.

my Jagfriend.... I think we can agree on one thing..... we most definitely want them to show up and sit close to the action.... result.... an 18 yr old won't do something stupid when play gets physical. It's really that simple.

All-World

Good to know. All coaches across Texas need to be coaching from the end zone for 7v7 this coming summer. There is no longer a prohibition, even thought the UIL rules say otherwise.

I'm sure there are some other rules that are "minor" in the eyes of many that should be violated as well. The precendent is now set that minor rules need not be adhered to.

Quote Originally Posted by JagDad07 View Post
    Good to know. All coaches across Texas need to be coaching from the end zone for 7v7 this coming summer. There is no longer a prohibition, even thought the UIL rules say otherwise.

I'm sure there are some other rules that are "minor" in the eyes of many that should be violated as well. The precendent is now set that minor rules need not be adhered to.
    JagDad you just don't get it, do ya?

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
    JagDad you just don't get it, do ya?
    No, I guess I don't. Please explain it to me.

I am not justifying what those coaches did if they did break the rules nor am I saying it is ok to break the rules or the law. Having said that, do you ALWAYS drive the speed limit? Have you ever gone 1 mile over the speed limit? Do you always make complete stops at a stop sign when nobody is coming? Do you always use your blinker when changing lanes or turning?

If you ALWAYS obey ALL the rules of the road then you are the only one I have ever known to do that. If you don't then I guess the precedent was set a long time ago when you chose to break the rules of the road because "minor rules need not be adhered to." Kids learn how to break rules from their parents too. Not just from their coaches.

Rules are rules regardless if they are 7on7 rules, high school football rules or rules/laws of the road.

Let he who is without sin (who has never broken any rules/laws) cast the first stone.

Just something to think about. Not trying to attack you. Just trying to put things in perspective.
    Last edited by LPFAN; 09-14-2010 at 02:23 PM.

I'm sure there are some other rules that are "minor" in the eyes of many that should be violated as well. The precedent is now set that minor rules need not be adhered to.
    Really? I thought what was decided was that the evidence was such that there was no case, thus innocent. Of course, you know better because you watched the B.S. hour, right?

sometimes, where there is apparent smoke, it is just fog.
    “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. -- Pope Francis

John 8:7...1 John 4:20...Colossians 3:17
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by LPFAN View Post
    I am not justifying what those coaches did if they did break the rules nor am I saying it is ok to break the rules or the law. Having said that, do you ALWAYS drive the speed limit? Have you ever gone 1 mile over the speed limit? Do you always make complete stops at a stop sign when nobody is coming? Do you always use your blinker when changing lanes or turning?

If you ALWAYS obey ALL the rules of the road then you are the only one I have ever known to do that. If you don't then I guess the precedent was set a long time ago when you chose to break the rules of the road because "minor rules need not be adhered to." Kids learn how to break rules from their parents too. Not just from their coaches.

Rules are rules regardless if they are 7on7 rules, high school football rules or rules/laws of the road.

Let he who is without sin (who has never broken any rules/laws) cast the first stone.

Just something to think about. Not trying to attack you. Just trying to put things in perspective.
    this is a TERRIBLE analogy!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowweaver View Post
    this is a TERRIBLE analogy!
    Some get it, some don't. Some will agree with you and some won't. I have no problem with that! Have a good day sir!

All-District

I was on airport freeway going about 75 in a 60 mph zone....I didn't get a ticket.....Am I still guilty?????? I confess ......I was speeding......good thing BS and his camera wasn't there!!!!!!!! Someone help me explain to my kids that I'm guilty!!!!!!! Is this 7 on 7 stupid or what....give me a break!!!!!!!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar

We now have agreement from at least fourteen (14) separate school administrators, acting as part of the UIL, that the 7 on 7 allegations made by ch8 were lacking merit.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by THS PRINZ View Post
    I was on airport freeway going about 75 in a 60 mph zone....I didn't get a ticket.....Am I still guilty?????? I confess ......I was speeding......good thing BS and his camera wasn't there!!!!!!!! Someone help me explain to my kids that I'm guilty!!!!!!! Is this 7 on 7 stupid or what....give me a break!!!!!!!
    Umm, guilty!!! Just because you don't get caught doesn't mean you aren't guilty of breaking the law. I too am guilty of breaking the rules/law.

How hard is it to see that my point is many of us break rules in some form or another? It is not right whether we are caught or not. Not saying breaking rules in 7on7 is right. If the coaches did break the rules they should be dealt with. Just like if I break the rules/laws I should be ticketed.

All I am saying is rules are rules.

Quote Originally Posted by LPFAN View Post
    Some get it, some don't. Some will agree with you and some won't. I have no problem with that! Have a good day sir!
    better to focus on the slippery slope of the gray than to nudge nudge wink wink at potential violations. I think there is a genuine gray area that is open to interpretation. But let's not make it implicit that just because no one is looking we can run hog-wild on the freeway Not saying you're saying that, but your paragraph sure can be read as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowweaver View Post
    better to focus on the slippery slope of the gray than to nudge nudge wink wink at potential violations. I think there is a genuine gray area that is open to interpretation. But let's not make it implicit that just because no one is looking we can run hog-wild on the freeway Not saying you're saying that, but your paragraph sure can be read as such.
    Oh I agree with what you are saying and no I wasn't saying that at all. But I can see how it could be taken that way.

All-District

Some see life in black and white...others see life in grey......I'm grey from head to toe......(Bell student gets 60 days expulsion for having a butter knife in the bed of his pickup....its the rule.....you gotta be kidding me!!!!!!)