Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9-11 Saturday - Trinity vs Richland HS

Default 9-11 Saturday - Trinity vs Richland HS

43 - 3 Trinity with about 9 minutes to go. Trinity just recovered a fumble on a kick off to Richland on their 20. They are putting the reserves in.
    Last edited by LR46; 09-11-2010 at 09:42 PM.
    "I don't shoot to kill. I want a silver bullet to be a symbol of justice." "Hi-ho, Silver, away!!!"

Default Re: 9-11 Saturday - Trinity vs Richland HS

5 minutes to go, Trojans on the 13 and goal. Trinity is still penalty prone. Need to work harder on that.
    "I don't shoot to kill. I want a silver bullet to be a symbol of justice." "Hi-ho, Silver, away!!!"

Now 50 - 3 with 3:29 to play. The announcers are talking about lightning off to the SW. Richland D line is just dragging.

Final - it ends up 50 -3. Too much for Richland HS to handle.
    Last edited by LR46; 09-11-2010 at 08:40 PM.

All-State

I got off at 7:00, so I only got to see the second half. Looked a little sloppy to me. You can get away with those penalties against Shiloh and Richland. Against a better opponent, it could mean the difference between a win and a loss. Hopefully, Lineweaver will get those under control.......particularly the late hits.

All-Galaxy Trinity Trojan Fan For Li's Avatar

Thank goodness we were able to keep that air horn quiet for most of the night.
    Trinity Trojan Fan For Life - and still a lady!

2014 - my 35th season of Trinity Trojan Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Trojan Fan For Li View Post

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Trojan Fan For Li View Post
    How funny! At the beginning of the game when the horn was blown, I turned to my son and said, "Thank Goodness we won't have to hear that tonight!"

BTW, The binoculars I have are identical to yours!

All-District

I sat in front of some people who could've/should've taken a lesson in class from our players. I have never heard a bunch of folks belly ache about the officiating more than I have tonight. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the call, giving the ref - or in this case, me - an earful is not going to do any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantal View Post
    I got off at 7:00, so I only got to see the second half. Looked a little sloppy to me. You can get away with those penalties against Shiloh and Richland. Against a better opponent, it could mean the difference between a win and a loss. Hopefully, Lineweaver will get those under control.......particularly the late hits.
    Late hits are partly over active kids trying to show something special. I can not beleive Trinity players are purposefully hitting kids late. It probably happens more in HS than another level. They want to show their coaches and team mates they are in it to win it. That said, it is the worst kind of penalty and for a coach they should not be tolerated or over looked.

That said, penalties are going to happen even with the best teams. As the season goes on, they should subside.

That said (sorry for all the "That saids"), name me one team that Trinity will have to worry about playing even with a the few penalties they shouldn't have in a game. So far I can't think of ONE?!

That said, the season is still young and Trinity will now focus on the next game against Irving next Friday and Pennington. They do need to work on the penalties and late hits and if we know that the coaches do too. It will continue to be one play at a time to make something happen and one game at a time like it always is on Industrial Blvd.

Just keepin it real!
    Last edited by LR46; 09-12-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LR46 View Post
    Late hits are partly over active kids trying to show something special. I can not beleive Trinity players are purposefully hitting kids late. It probably happens more in HS than another level. They want to show their coaches and team mates they are in it to win it. That said, it is the worst kind of penalty and for a coach they should not be tolerated or over looked.

That said, penalties are going to happen even with the best teams. As the season goes on, they should subside.

That said (sorry for all the "That saids"), name me one team that Trinity will have to worry about playing even with a the few penalties they shouldn't have in a game. So far I can think of ONE?!

That said, the season is still young and Trinity will now focus on the next game against Irving next Friday and Pennington. They do need to work on the penalties and late hits and if we know that the coaches do too. It will continue to be one play at a time to make something happen and one game at a time like it always is on Industrial Blvd.

Just keepin it real!
    Trinity. Just keepin it real!
    Some have dreams of success...others live to crush those dreams.
    TROJAN DEFENSE - Coming to a stadium near you!

Proudly sporting the target!!

The road to state goes through Euless!!

All-District

Two games in six days...enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TeezUp View Post
    I sat in front of some people who could've/should've taken a lesson in class from our players. I have never heard a bunch of folks belly ache about the officiating more than I have tonight. Regardless of whether or not you agree with the call, giving the ref - or in this case, me - an earful is not going to do any good.
    Uhhh, you might have been sitting in front of our group. Were you sitting on the 50 yard line?

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by TeezUp View Post

You must have been around the 45-50 yard line about half way up. The shrill female cries of disgust and blood-lust toward the officials is still ringing in my ears.

It does seem as though the last few years the refs have been consistent at overprotecting Trinity's opponents, and less protective of Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanBandEX View Post
    You must have been around the 45-50 yard line about half way up. The shrill female cries of disgust and blood-lust toward the officials is still ringing in my ears.

It does seem as though the last few years the refs have been consistent at overprotecting Trinity's opponents, and less protective of Trinity.
    No, I never criticize the refs but some in our group and sitting around us were very verbal.
    I was on the 50 yard line about 10 rows up - one row down from the 1-2-3 First Down Guy.

Banned

I was rather surprised at Richland, before things started to snowball, I think they have a big, speedy defense and I think they will make a run at the playoffs. I see them matching up well against Bell and being on about the same level. Richland played solid but look who they were playing. Props to Richland

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBones View Post
    I was rather surprised at Richland, before things started to snowball, I think they have a big, speedy defense and I think they will make a run at the playoffs. I see them matching up well against Bell and being on about the same level. Richland played solid but look who they were playing. Props to Richland
    Really really good looking team. The turnovers in the 2nd half snowballed against them. Ability to sustain drives and control the ball and clock will be a template for future opponents.

Nice looking Oline.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBones View Post
    I'm sure there is four or five on that team that woke up with a headache this morning. There was some hard hitting going on.....
    ><((((>`..`...><((((>,.

.`.><((((>`.><((((>,.

All-Galaxy

u can rewatch the game here. The video quality is not that great

http://www.ihigh.com/richlandrebelsf...?silverlight=1

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fan View Post
    I'm sure there is four or five on that team that woke up with a headache this morning. There was some hard hitting going on.....
    yup

Some big hitting went on

The backup quarterback after the starter was sidelined who had his bell rung too

All-District

I noticed one of their players ran out of bounds late in the game. The same player fumbled later on...like he was saying I don't want it, here you have it