Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member t00 playa's Avatar

Default Re: Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by dada4w
    Being this was his first fight at 130, moving up from 126....he made a HUGE statement. I know they are buddies, but I would love to see an all-Houston Rocky Juarez-Juan Diaz fight.
    who would u take? i have a hard time betting against the baby bull
    Twitter: t00playa

North Shore Mustangs non Bandwaggoner

TulsaHale74 - Gone but not forgotten.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by too playa
    who would u take? i have a hard time betting against the baby bull
    Same here.....he fights full throttle for 12 rounds....if he develops power(which he can because he's young and still growing) he will be a force.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Mayweather-Baldomir this weekend....I'm excited. Anyone else gonna catch it?
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

BeauxGeezy

pay-per-view or regular TV?
    Time?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauxGeezy
    pay-per-view or regular TV?
    Time?
    PPV...8:00. I'm going to a sports bar and check it out...I think I've reached my PPV quota at the house

BeauxGeezy

I know longer pay to watch boxing. Mike Tyson burned me one too many times. I refuse to give up money for it now.

I know longer pay to watch boxing. Mike Tyson burned me one too many times. I refuse to give up money for it now.
    Yeah....Mike and Roy Jones got carried away with it....they were fighting the guy from 7-11 and wanted to charge 50 bucks when it should have been on network TV....there are only a few fighters that I would pay to see if I can see the fight in person...Mayweather is one of them

I just finished watching the Countdown to Mayweather-Baldomir on HBO and I am pumped up for this one. Mayweather needs to use his speed and not get trapped into a brawl. Baldomir will be the bigger and stronger man.......I look for him in the upset........KO KO KO KO KO

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    I just finished watching the Countdown to Mayweather-Baldomir on HBO and I am pumped up for this one. Mayweather needs to use his speed and not get trapped into a brawl. Baldomir will be the bigger and stronger man.......I look for him in the upset........KO KO KO KO KO
    Wow....bold pick.....Floyd's speed will be the difference....Mayweather TKO 10

i heard it was a blowout.... ill have to see the replay on saturday

i heard it was a blowout.... ill have to see the replay on saturday
    I hate I wasted money on it....if you're gonna wait until Saturday..I won't go into details. Oscar has already declined the fight...mayweather says he's retiring after his next fight.

I hate I wasted money on it....if you're gonna wait until Saturday..I won't go into details. Oscar has already declined the fight...mayweather says he's retiring after his next fight.
    maywether called out Winky.. then backed off.... why not a winky fight? at a catchweight

maywether called out Winky.. then backed off.... why not a winky fight? at a catchweight
    That's the only way Floyd loses IMO...he moves up too much and is beat by a bigger fighter...I think Winky would be too strong for him....Baldomir and Mayweather both made weight at 147....the next dat Baldomir was 169....which means he probably walks around at 180....Floyd only went up 2 pounds in 24 hours which means...he probably walks around at 150 or 155....Winky is just too big. Oscar and Mosley are afraid...at this point in their careers an embarassing loss to Floyd would ruin their careers.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

That's the only way Floyd loses IMO...he moves up too much and is beat by a bigger fighter...I think Winky would be too strong for him....Baldomir and Mayweather both made weight at 147....the next dat Baldomir was 169....which means he probably walks around at 180....Floyd only went up 2 pounds in 24 hours which means...he probably walks around at 150 or 155....Winky is just too big. Oscar and Mosley are afraid...at this point in their careers an embarassing loss to Floyd would ruin their careers.
    Oscar is a good fighter, but he's overrated, IMO. Every great fighter usually has about 10 fights that make him legendary. Out of those 10 fights, he has about 2 or 3 opponents that are - themselves - considered the best of that particular era. In this era, Trinidad, Hopkins and Mosley are Oscar's "Big 3" opponents....

He lost to Trinidad.
    Was knocked out by Hopkins.
    And lost, TWICE, to Mosley.

As much as people build up his legacy, I haven't seen him beat a great fighter, or any fighter who was a pre-fight favorite. Ali fought Foreman when everyone in the world KNEW Foreman would destroy Ali. Maybe even hurt him so bad, he could never physically fight again. They were wrong.

I'm a huge Mayweather fan, but he needs to fight...Cory Spinks, Oscar De La Hoya and either Winky or Jermain Taylor - or both. And he needs to win, at least, 3 of those fights.

Ali had Frazier, Foreman, Norton Sr., Patterson and Liston.
    Leonard had Hagler, Hearns and Duran.

You've got to beat the best, to be the best.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE
    Oscar is a good fighter, but he's overrated, IMO. Every great fighter usually has about 10 fights that make him legendary. Out of those 10 fights, he has about 2 or 3 opponents that are - themselves - considered the best of that particular era. In this era, Trinidad, Hopkins and Mosley are Oscar's "Big 3" opponents....

He lost to Trinidad.
    Was knocked out by Hopkins.
    And lost, TWICE, to Mosley.

As much as people build up his legacy, I haven't seen him beat a great fighter, or any fighter who was a pre-fight favorite. Ali fought Foreman when everyone in the world KNEW Foreman would destroy Ali. Maybe even hurt him so bad, he could never physically fight again. They were wrong.

I'm a huge Mayweather fan, but he needs to fight...Cory Spinks, Oscar De La Hoya and either Winky or Jermain Taylor - or both. And he needs to win, at least, 3 of those fights.

Ali had Frazier, Foreman, Norton Sr., Patterson and Liston.
    Leonard had Hagler, Hearns and Duran.

You've got to beat the best, to be the best.
    I agree with you on Oscar....He lost to the best 3 fighters he faced and you can say he lost to Pernell Whittaker also.
    Spinks is too easy of a fight and Taylor is a full-blown Middleweight so that is a total mismatch. Those guys may not be as skilled, but way too big for Floyd.
    These fights would make sense for floyd right now...you can look these guys up at Boxrec.com to check out their resumes.
    1. Ricky Hatton
    2. Miquel Cotto
    3. Antonio Margarito
    4. Paul Williams
    5. Kermit Cintron

All of these are top level fighters....that Mayweather can beat.

BeauxGeezy

I told you...

I told you...
    I should have went with my mind....I KNEW this was an easy fight for Floyd, but the way the media hyped Baldomir up...I actually thought he had a chance.....lol....silly me. $50 for a sparring session.

BeauxGeezy

I should have went with my mind....I KNEW this was an easy fight for Floyd, but the way the media hyped Baldomir up...I actually thought he had a chance.....lol....silly me. $50 for a sparring session.

You could have sent that money to me dawg. At least you know what I'm gonna do with it.

You could have sent that money to me dawg. At least you know what I'm gonna do with it.
    Baby Dolls in Lufkin?

BeauxGeezy

Baby Dolls in Lufkin?
    ummmm no.
    Good grief I haven't been to that place in 10 years or more.
    We used to call it the Purple Onion. haha