Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Default Re: Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by too playa
    that will be a big question mark..... but ill be sold if floyd toys with judah like he has everyone else......

cant wait to watch this one..
    The X factor in this fight is that BOTH guys will be facing the fastest guy they've been in the ring with.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Miss Kitty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dada4w
    The X factor in this fight is that BOTH guys will be facing the fastest guy they've been in the ring with.
    I think because of this they will both lose a certain percentage of composure in the ring. The question is will it balance out. Because of this, I think it will come to quicker end.
    Cindy-"I am ready for some volleyball. Do you have any cheers ready for the girls?" Kitty - "Yeah, my cheer for Pup is always, "if you mess up, NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty
    I think because of this they will both lose a certain percentage of composure in the ring. The question is will it balance out. Because of this, I think it will come to quicker end.
    Kitty is a boxing fan...watch out Lonny..I might make my move.

That is true...but the reason I think floyd wins is because at times Zab isnt focused or dosent train while Floyd hasnt showed a lack of discipline yet...I havent seen anything from him to say he's gonna lose. He's a professional in the ring...no matter who he's fighting.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

I think you are right. I have picked Floyd in this fight from the beginning. I just don't think it will go all the way down to a decision. I think he will take it in 8 or under.

So how do you think Juan will do?
    Cindy-"I am ready for some volleyball. Do you have any cheers ready for the girls?" Kitty - "Yeah, my cheer for Pup is always, "if you mess up, NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kitty
    I think you are right. I have picked Floyd in this fight from the beginning. I just don't think it will go all the way down to a decision. I think he will take it in 8 or under.

So how do you think Juan will do?
    I've always like Juan, I've met him and Rocky Juarez a couple of times. I think he's faced better competition than Cotto(brother of Miquel) and I think Juan will out work him...I think this kids drinks red bull all day everyday.....lots of energy and heavy handed.

I've always like Juan, I've met him and Rocky Juarez a couple of times. I think he's faced better competition than Cotto(brother of Miquel) and I think Juan will out work him...I think this kids drinks red bull all day everyday.....lots of energy and heavy handed.

That is good. I would love to see him do well in this fight. I think he will if he keeps his focus. No doubt that he has the energy to out hang Cotto.

All-District

that will be a big question mark..... but ill be sold if floyd toys with judah like he has everyone else......

cant wait to watch this one..

He'll toy with him but if Judah runs his mouth then it will be game over(as long as I win the pot my friends & I get into I'll be happy).

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member t00 playa's Avatar

Well... judah dissapointed me... he should have done more.... floyd boxed well...... but i dont think he landed ... well either landed the flush shots.... but it was an ok fight... i expected more fireworks .... but oh well.. it was worth the $5 admission at the bar where i saw it......
    Twitter: t00playa

North Shore Mustangs non Bandwaggoner

TulsaHale74 - Gone but not forgotten.

All-District

Well My sister & I split the pot from where we watched the fight, but I enjoyed it Mayweather was clearly the better fighter & definitely outclassed him.

Now on Zab Judah that is a classless POS right there he was losing then you low blow the man & then hitting him in the back of the head(gutless there).

Roger Mayweather's stunt was pure stupidity that didn't need to happen like that. He should have been more professional than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Agnew
    Well My sister & I split the pot from where we watched the fight, but I enjoyed it Mayweather was clearly the better fighter & definitely outclassed him.

Now on Zab Judah that is a classless POS right there he was losing then you low blow the man & then hitting him in the back of the head(gutless there).

Roger Mayweather's stunt was pure stupidity that didn't need to happen like that. He should have been more professional than that.
    Roger and judah were going at it.... it was a stupid move.. but otherwise entertaining in a fight that i think should have had more explosive action

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer - 2010 Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

I only watched the lowlights on the news ( low blow, rabbit punch, and ensuing brawl). Looks like they have been watching too much wrestling.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Tut
    I only watched the lowlights on the news ( low blow, rabbit punch, and ensuing brawl). Looks like they have been watching too much wrestling.

Those were probably Judah's best shots & you're right about Roger & Judah being entertaining(even though it was stupid as hell), but I was hoping I'd see the Mayweather that blasted Gatti & Corrales, if that Mayweather showed up Judah's career would have been over(I guess I'm not too lucky there).

Those were probably Judah's best shots & you're right about Roger & Judah being entertaining(even though it was stupid as hell), but I was hoping I'd see the Mayweather that blasted Gatti & Corrales, if that Mayweather showed up Judah's career would have been over(I guess I'm not too lucky there).

judah landed a few solid shots at the beginning of the fight... and i think that got mayweathers attention.... which is why we didnt see the explosive mayweather that we saw with gatti...judah just could not keep up that pace.... floyd kept the pace.. and peppered him with round winning shots... and thats what made the difference...

Zab showed his true colors....just like Tyson...when a guy is totally outclassing you, get dirty. I'm suprised they let the fight go on. I knew it would be a matter of time before Floyd figured Zab out...once he did Zab had no option but to go for broke. NOW JUAN DIAZ NEEDS TO BE DRUG TESTED...lol , Just kidding...that kid has a GANG of stamina...

Default Brokeback Boxing??????

Too Playa......what do you think of the Rocky Juarez- Marco Antonio Barrera aftermath?

Thought it should have been a draw..... however.. i think rocky could have done more in the closing rounds .. but he held is own alot better than i originally thought he would.. he got barrerras attention and respect really early in the fight and barrerra almost got handed a loss.... but i think this fight will be a good addition by subraction fight for rocky.. i think he knows in his mind he can fight with the big boys now... he did well....

Thought it should have been a draw..... however.. i think rocky could have done more in the closing rounds .. but he held is own alot better than i originally thought he would.. he got barrerras attention and respect really early in the fight and barrerra almost got handed a loss.... but i think this fight will be a good addition by subraction fight for rocky.. i think he knows in his mind he can fight with the big boys now... he did well....
    Yeah he did well and could have knocked barrera out if he was more aggressive. My beef is that how can 2 judges give the final round to Rocky and 20 minutes later...change the scorecards making the rounds even to give barrera the win. That just seems fishy. Barrera is promoted by De la Hoya and they were looking for a mega fight with Pacquio.....I guess they didnt want rocky to mess that up.

Yeah he did well and could have knocked barrera out if he was more aggressive. My beef is that how can 2 judges give the final round to Rocky and 20 minutes later...change the scorecards making the rounds even to give barrera the win. That just seems fishy. Barrera is promoted by De la Hoya and they were looking for a mega fight with Pacquio.....I guess they didnt want rocky to mess that up.
    yup, thats why i like the fighters that go for it all...rocky should have known this as well.... thats why he should have let his hands fly and knocked barrera out....

yup, thats why i like the fighters that go for it all...rocky should have known this as well.... thats why he should have let his hands fly and knocked barrera out....
    Being this was his first fight at 130, moving up from 126....he made a HUGE statement. I know they are buddies, but I would love to see an all-Houston Rocky Juarez-Juan Diaz fight.