Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166 LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3312

Thread: Boxing/MMA

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer stevefoxsc's Avatar

Default Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote Originally Posted by E-Vol-ution View Post
    I don't care much for Pacman but he was robbed last night.
    Bradley fought hard and I respect him for that.....but there was no way he won the fight.....not even close.
    he didn't, he didn't make a decent turn around till round 8. It upsets me cause it ruined anything for mayweather vs pac for the moment.
    Delivering the 5A news that matters to you!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoxsc View Post
    he didn't, he didn't make a decent turn around till round 8. It upsets me cause it ruined anything for mayweather vs pac for the moment.
    Arum should have been outraged.........it now sounds more like a set up.
    Rematch already announced........no protest.......hmmmmm.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Arum is the crookedest man in boxing. A rematch with Bradley delays any talks of Mayweather or Alvarez....Manny should have dumped him long time ago. Not sure why he needs a promoter. Do your research on Arum and how he kept all his fighters from mega fights and paid them next to nothing. Manny Mae 6 Mill for this fight after Arum turned down $40 mill from Mayweather who made close to 83 mill with purse, ticket sales and ppv numbers vs Cotto.....
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer RocklandDragon's Avatar
    Where autumn weather is usually quite pleasant. Pefect for football

Arum should have been outraged.........it now sounds more like a set up.
    Rematch already announced........no protest.......hmmmmm.
    Arum was outraged *wink wink*. He wants the judges investigated *wink wink*. How dare y'all suggest Arum set this sham of a decision (clearing throat while stifling laughter) in order to guarantee a rematch.

The audacity of this scumbag to try to attempt to be surprised by the judges work is sadly humorous. Boxing at this level has become a joke. Seriously, you train hard for a fight, give 100% in the ring just to be screwed over by the backdealings of a mafia style promoter and corrupt judges. They know the result of the fight but the boxer likely does not.

You deserve a horribly run sport and crap like this if you will remotely support the rematch that is going to take place in November. Not a chance in Hell that I will be watching anything that is sponsored by Top Rank and if that means watching a lot less boxing, then so be it. I've gotten to a point where these bad decisions and self-interest promoters are going to keep me away from PPV boxing or even HBO. Don King doesnt seem so bad compared to Arum.

It's time to hit Arum where it hurts. This is actually the one sport where the government does need to intervene because this corrpution in boxing is not going to clean itself out.
    My photo website:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocklanddragon/sets/

The return to glory for Lubbock High football.

The Mighty Westerners--Champs of Texas HS football. 1939, 1951, 1952.

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

March down the field to glory, the Ferocious Stony Point Tigers of Round Rock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocklandDragon View Post
    Arum was outraged *wink wink*. He wants the judges investigated *wink wink*. How dare y'all suggest Arum set this sham of a decision (clearing throat while stifling laughter) in order to guarantee a rematch.

The audacity of this scumbag to try to attempt to be surprised by the judges work is sadly humorous. Boxing at this level has become a joke. Seriously, you train hard for a fight, give 100% in the ring just to be screwed over by the backdealings of a mafia style promoter and corrupt judges. They know the result of the fight but the boxer likely does not.

You deserve a horribly run sport and crap like this if you will remotely support the rematch that is going to take place in November. Not a chance in Hell that I will be watching anything that is sponsored by Top Rank and if that means watching a lot less boxing, then so be it. I've gotten to a point where these bad decisions and self-interest promoters are going to keep me away from PPV boxing or even HBO. Don King doesnt seem so bad compared to Arum. It's time to hit Arum where it hurts. This is actually the one sport where the government does need to intervene because this corrpution in boxing is not going to clean itself out.
    Arum makes Don King look like a Saint........I want to know what kind of deal he has Manny locked into and why can't Manny drop him....in this day and age, the mainstream figters don't need promoters.
    Last edited by dada; 06-11-2012 at 07:54 AM.
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

You have to know WHO you are dealing with:

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jan/09/sports/sp-arum9

At the post-fight press conference an obviously shaken De La Hoya said, "Everybody, including Bob Arum, makes more money off a rematch which is why I lost, but that just goes to show you how boxing is and I’m going to have to re-think my whole career and what I’m going to do now."

http://www.latinosportslegends.com/D..._sues_Arum.htm
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. has sued his former promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, claiming Arum still owes him money from his matches against Arturo Gatti in 2005 and Zab Judah in 2006.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...nk-gatti-fight

Manny made $6 Mill with a "Promise" to recieve $26Mil more over a certain amount of time from Arum......

SMH

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    You have to know WHO you are dealing with:

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jan/09/sports/sp-arum9

At the post-fight press conference an obviously shaken De La Hoya said, "Everybody, including Bob Arum, makes more money off a rematch which is why I lost, but that just goes to show you how boxing is and Iím going to have to re-think my whole career and what Iím going to do now."

http://www.latinosportslegends.com/D..._sues_Arum.htm
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. has sued his former promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, claiming Arum still owes him money from his matches against Arturo Gatti in 2005 and Zab Judah in 2006.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...nk-gatti-fight

Manny made $6 Mill with a "Promise" to recieve $26Mil more over a certain amount of time from Arum......

SMH

&

Only different if the first one is empty. Any other time, they're both the same.
    My photo website:

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

March down the field to glory, the Ferocious Stony Point Tigers of Round Rock!!!

Silva said he won't fight Jones.......I believe him.
    That would be an abrupt end to his legacy.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

Silva said he won't fight Jones.......I believe him.
    That would be an abrupt end to his legacy.
    Sonnen controlled round 1....don't know what happened in the second round.

in a mythical match up, would Silva move UP to fight Jones? Or would Bones come down? Catchweight?.....

Sonnen controlled round 1....don't know what happened in the second round.

in a mythical match up, would Silva move UP to fight Jones? Or would Bones come down? Catchweight?.....
    Sonnen has always been able to tee off on Silva.
    He just has a habit of getting caught.
    First time with the choke........this past time from stumbling trying to cream Silva with the spinning backhanded fist.

Yep....catchweight.....

The boxing world may have lost a good one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/doctor-...3204--spt.html
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    The boxing world may have lost a good one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/doctor-...3204--spt.html
    MACHO MAN..........RIP

Spoiler alert!!!

Pacquiao just got knocked the eff out!!

2:59 (1 sec left in rd) in Round 6

Juan Manuel Marquez hit Pacquiao hard with an overhand right and Marquez wins!

There was no ten count. Pacquiao landed face first and the ref ended the fight.
    My photo website:

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

Alvarez/Trout. Canelo won the fight, no doubt, but if anything, it could have been a draw. The judge that had the fight 118-109 should be suspended and judges should be made accountable...there shouldnt be that much disparity in scoring....one judge has it 115 to 113 and the other has it a complete whitewash...crazy. That, mixed with open scoring is bad for boxing.

Alvarez/Trout. Canelo won the fight, no doubt, but if anything, it could have been a draw. The judge that had the fight 118-109 should be suspended and judges should be made accountable...there shouldnt be that much disparity in scoring....one judge has it 115 to 113 and the other has it a complete whitewash...crazy. That, mixed with open scoring is bad for boxing.
    I agree. I had scored the fight 115-112 for Alvarez. Maybe 114-113. Stanley Christandou, or whatever his name is, had the disgraceful scorecard.

It was a fun fight to watch. Alvarez did a good job boxing and keeping Trout's barrage of puches largely ineffective. Trout did peg Alvarez a few times and made the rounds tough to score but Canelo had more effective punches and had the critical knockdown.

I was wondering why Canelo wasnt fighting in Round 12. I had no idea they were doing open scoring. They didnt announce it at the Alamodome. The Alamodome was a great atmosphere and I'm real glad me and my dad got to attend the fight. My dad cant wait til we go watch another boxing match. If Alvarado-Rios III ends up in Denver, we'll go there.
    My photo website:

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

I agree. I had scored the fight 115-112 for Alvarez. Maybe 114-113. Stanley Christandou, or whatever his name is, had the disgraceful scorecard.

It was a fun fight to watch. Alvarez did a good job boxing and keeping Trout's barrage of puches largely ineffective. Trout did peg Alvarez a few times and made the rounds tough to score but Canelo had more effective punches and had the critical knockdown.

I was wondering why Canelo wasnt fighting in Round 12. I had no idea they were doing open scoring. They didnt announce it at the Alamodome. The Alamodome was a great atmosphere and I'm real glad me and my dad got to attend the fight. My dad cant wait til we go watch another boxing match. If Alvarado-Rios III ends up in Denver, we'll go there.
    I can imagine how the Atmosphere was.....and yes, with the open scoring...they annouced it on TV AND told each fighter......

Mayweather put on a boxing clinic against Robert Guererro and won the fight thoroughly. All judges scored the fight 117-111. Mayweather was just too fast and landed some powerful jabs and hooks on Guererro. If Robert Guererro is the Ghost, Mayweather was wearing this on his trunks somewhere:

Who will fight Mayweather next? Not sure. Saul "Canelo" Alvarez wants to fight him but I think Mayweather and Alvarez will fight next year. Not sure who Mayweather will fight in September.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My photo website:

Fight, Tigers, Fight!!!

Mayweather put on a boxing clinic against Robert Guererro and won the fight thoroughly. All judges scored the fight 117-111. Mayweather was just too fast and landed some powerful jabs and hooks on Guererro. If Robert Guererro is the Ghost, Mayweather was wearing this on his trunks somewhere:

Who will fight Mayweather next? Not sure. Saul "Canelo" Alvarez wants to fight him but I think Mayweather and Alvarez will fight next year. Not sure who Mayweather will fight in September.
    If you're a BOXING fan...which I am...and you seem to be...that was a clinic....Boxing is being able to hit and not get hit......and thats just what happened. Floyd landed 60% of his power punches and was virtually untouched. Call me Crazy, but I'm still not sold on Alvarez, sure he's popular and everyone wants a guy to step up and beat Floyd...but despite 40+ fights...Canelo is still raw. He faught a lot in Mexico sometimes 6-7 times a year building up his record and recently beat Trout, Lopez and an older Mosley who are no where near Floyds caliber.....the fight makes sense money wise....but it's a mismatch IMO

If you're a BOXING fan...which I am...and you seem to be...that was a clinic....Boxing is being able to hit and not get hit......and thats just what happened. Floyd landed 60% of his power punches and was virtually untouched. Call me Crazy, but I'm still not sold on Alvarez, sure he's popular and everyone wants a guy to step up and beat Floyd...but despite 40+ fights...Canelo is still raw. He faught a lot in Mexico sometimes 6-7 times a year building up his record and recently beat Trout, Lopez and an older Mosley who are no where near Floyds caliber.....the fight makes sense money wise....but it's a mismatch IMO
    I liked the fight, but am pissed off at Showtime and anybody else profiting off of charging $70.00 for a freaking fight night.
    $100.00 is just around the corner..............bullspit!

I liked the fight, but am pissed off at Showtime and anybody else profiting off of charging $70.00 for a freaking fight night.
    $100.00 is just around the corner..............bullspit!
    True...they pretty much have a monopoly on it now with all the top fighters and Golden Boy Promotions leaving HBO and jumping to Showtime.