Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Skyline vs Bowie

  1. #1
    All-District
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    lancaster
    Posts
    115

    Default Skyline vs Bowie

    Is it going to be a rain fest like last year? I think this will be another classic fight between these two schools. If the young raiders can put it together on O, and put some points up this will be a good game. Skylines D matches up well with bowies O. I see a 3 point game 17-14 going either way.

  2. #2
    All-American FatBoy of Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    After what I saw Monday... If Skyline don't get better in a very short time they lose this one too.
    Some have dreams of success...others live to crush those dreams.
    TROJAN DEFENSE - Coming to a stadium near you!


    Proudly sporting the target!!

    The road to state goes through Euless!!

  3. #3
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    With The Stars, Baby!
    Posts
    16,178

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Bowie in a laugher!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."


    "Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

  4. #4
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    With The Stars, Baby!
    Posts
    16,178

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy of Troy View Post
    After what I saw Monday... If Skyline don't get A LOT better in a very short time they lose this one too.
    fify
    "Oel ngati kameie..."


    "Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

  5. #5
    All-District
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    lancaster
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    I think I already said the O had to get better. And they will get better. After thier non-district games they get a bye week before they start district play and they should be ready by then. And yes Skyline does play 3 disd schools, as well as berkner, richardson and Lake Highlands.

  6. #6
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    With The Stars, Baby!
    Posts
    16,178

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by mrstchamp007 View Post
    I think I already said the O had to get better. And they will get better. After thier non-district games they get a bye week before they start district play and they should be ready by then. And yes Skyline does play 3 disd schools, as well as berkner, richardson and Lake Highlands.
    They might get better, but I doubt they get Bowie-better. Hansborough is going to be just as effective the STA RB was. The one true weakness that Bowie has is in the Secondary. Good thing that the Skyline QB couldn't complete a pass if his favorite dog's life was at stake. Not being mean... just truthful.

    I do see Skyline scoring, however. I have a final score of 35-14, Bowie.
    "Oel ngati kameie..."


    "Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

  7. #7
    Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    LEWISVILLE
    Posts
    52

    Thumbs up Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Every dog has his day boys . This Skyline program is going thru what every big time 5A Program goes threw every 3 years. REBUILDING now I everyone would love to have Trinity size and depth, a core of fleet footed receivers and senior QB every year but rest assured that want be down long. If I where you non believers you better get them now because the next three years are so the train is coming there under group have size and speed could be more talented thean what they just sent to every D-1 PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY LAST YEAR. They are reloading other than Trinity who else would have played the FSU AND MIAMI of FLORIDA WITH YOUTH name me one program boys . I no they are not polished as last years team but give them DFW cupcakes and false impression with young talent and then you guys would really talk down on this team. If they win go 2-3 rounds in playoffs is that a great year for soph offensive team. BEWARE THEY ARE GOING TO GET BETTER. That staff is pretty good and get the most out of there kids... How good is the rest of the District..

  8. #8
    All-Universe Dynastybegan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    depends on the day
    Posts
    6,234

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Haven't read any of the thread, but as to the thread topic, Bowie is much better than Skyline. I watched all the games Saturday. The Bowie/Desoto game was by far the best of the day. I think the volunteers win it fairly easily.
    If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you'll achieve the same results.
    Anthony Robbins

  9. #9
    All-American FatBoy of Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE View Post
    They might get better, but I doubt they get Bowie-better. Hansborough is going to be just as effective the STA RB was. The one true weakness that Bowie has is in the Secondary. Good thing that the Skyline QB couldn't complete a pass if his favorite dog's life was at stake. Not being mean... just truthful.

    I do see Skyline scoring, however. I have a final score of 35-14, Bowie.
    I don't know what it is, but he just couldn't seem to scout the field. I saw numerous open recievers and he either couldn't see them, or was just panicing in the pocket with the rush coming. He had numerous opportunities to just "tuck and run", but chose to run around, trying to make something happen... resulting in getting sacked. I did see Skylines JV QB last Thursday at Trinity. He had a great arm and was a much more poised kid and ran the team like a general. He probably should be moved up and start. He certainly couldn't do any worse.
    Some have dreams of success...others live to crush those dreams.
    TROJAN DEFENSE - Coming to a stadium near you!


    Proudly sporting the target!!

    The road to state goes through Euless!!

  10. #10
    All-Universe Texasfrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by LET IT FLY View Post
    Every dog has his day boys . This Skyline program is going thru what every big time 5A Program goes threw every 3 years. REBUILDING now I everyone would love to have Trinity size and depth, a core of fleet footed receivers and senior QB every year but rest assured that want be down long. If I where you non believers you better get them now because the next three years are so the train is coming there under group have size and speed could be more talented thean what they just sent to every D-1 PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY LAST YEAR. They are reloading other than Trinity who else would have played the FSU AND MIAMI of FLORIDA WITH YOUTH name me one program boys . I no they are not polished as last years team but give them DFW cupcakes and false impression with young talent and then you guys would really talk down on this team. If they win go 2-3 rounds in playoffs is that a great year for soph offensive team. BEWARE THEY ARE GOING TO GET BETTER. That staff is pretty good and get the most out of there kids... How good is the rest of the District..
    Skyline is going to get better this year. How much better is questionable.
    Yes, they have to replace some seriously good (multi year starters).
    I think the Skyline defense is actually pretty salty but they cant sustain covering for the weak offense 48 minutes and it hurts them in the second half.
    Skyline will be getting back their most explosive player (Thomas Johnson) but the biggest problem with Skyline is a very very very poor O-line. They looked slow, soft and fundamentally lost in the game against STA. STA just loaded up the box and blitzed every down with 5 to 6 guys and Dallas Skyline was clueless on how to stop it. Their answer was to just try to run Kincaide off tackle almost every play for 2 to 3 yards. No screens, draws or quick slants.

    So, unless that O-line can basically get much better in the next 48 hours I see Arlington Bowie doing much of the same. Those Arlington Bowie coaches watched that STA game and without a doubt took notes.

    ps. If I was Skyline I would do away with the clapping hands for the snap. That is just giving the D-line and LB's a Green light !! When those STA defenders saw those hands of Kincade coming together they were OFF !!!
    Good Scouting by STA coaches and bad adjustments by Skyline's staff.

  11. #11
    All-Galaxy OakTreeUp-n-Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,425

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy of Troy View Post
    I don't know what it is, but he just couldn't seem to scout the field.
    He was probably more concerned about the 7 Floridians cha-cha'ing past his OL and looking to bury him in JerryWorld's fancy turf. There's not a QB in the nation who could've performed well in those conditions. As it was his scrambling and few 1st down scampers ate a little bit of clock and probably kept the score from being a lot worse (as did Skyline's D, which performed admirably, IMO). Kincaide is going to be a good QB by his senior year and a definite D1 caliber athlete at WR if not QB.

  12. #12
    All-Galaxy OakTreeUp-n-Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,425

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by Texasfrog View Post
    ps. If I was Skyline I would do away with the clapping hands for the snap. That is just giving the D-line and LB's a Green light !! When those STA defenders saw those hands of Kincade coming together they were OFF !!!
    Good Scouting by STA coaches and bad adjustments by Skyline's staff.
    To be fair, I think they eventually did adjust this (albeit after about 25 snaps worth of STA guys basically getting a Drag Racing type start on an already overmatched OL).

    Unfortunately the few times I saw STA jump the gun after adjusting, the center either didn't see it or otherwise failed to snap the ball and capitalize.

    The pre-snap movement up front for STA was also a ridiculously simple yet effective way of confusing those guys.

    It was hard to watch... cringe-worthy.
    Last edited by OakTreeUp-n-Out; 09-08-2010 at 01:17 PM.

  13. #13
    Moderator Matthew 2000 Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Carrollton, Texas
    Posts
    15,500

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by Texasfrog View Post
    Skyline is going to get better this year. How much better is questionable.
    Yes, they have to replace some seriously good (multi year starters).
    I think the Skyline defense is actually pretty salty but they cant sustain covering for the weak offense 48 minutes and it hurts them in the second half.
    Skyline will be getting back their most explosive player (Thomas Johnson) but the biggest problem with Skyline is a very very very poor O-line. They looked slow, soft and fundamentally lost in the game against STA. STA just loaded up the box and blitzed every down with 5 to 6 guys and Dallas Skyline was clueless on how to stop it. Their answer was to just try to run Kincaide off tackle almost every play for 2 to 3 yards. No screens, draws or quick slants.

    So, unless that O-line can basically get much better in the next 48 hours I see Arlington Bowie doing much of the same. Those Arlington Bowie coaches watched that STA game and without a doubt took notes.

    ps. If I was Skyline I would do away with the clapping hands for the snap. That is just giving the D-line and LB's a Green light !! When those STA defenders saw those hands of Kincade coming together they were OFF !!!
    Good Scouting by STA coaches and bad adjustments by Skyline's staff.
    You nailed it! I agree 100 percent!

    Anybody who thought Skyline would be better than they are right now was high. St. Thomas Aquinas is probably one of the better programs in Florida so, the result was of no surprise. But, it starts and ends up front. The talent for Skyline is there as usual. But, they're a very young team this season and they're going thru the growing pains that I thought they would.

    As for this week's game against Bowie, I have Bowie taking it 20-13.
    R.I.P. Jennifer R. Taylor July 18, 1986-January 22, 2010!

  14. #14
    All-Interweb E-Vol-ution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    17,777

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    No prediction from me......Coach Perry's in the laboratory with a crumpled up hat mad as H@!!.
    The team is going to take that out on somebody.
    Earth is under their feet now. Very wet earth...............
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

  15. #15
    All-American SkyHighSkyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    559

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    All of THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 2000 Eagle View Post
    You nailed it! I agree 100 percent!

    Anybody who thought Skyline would be better than they are right now was high. St. Thomas Aquinas is probably one of the better programs in Florida so, the result was of no surprise. But, it starts and ends up front. The talent for Skyline is there as usual. But, they're a very young team this season and they're going thru the growing pains that I thought they would.

    As for this week's game against Bowie, I have Bowie taking it 20-13.
    And definitely THIS:

    Quote Originally Posted by LET IT FLY
    They are reloading other than Trinity who else would have played the FSU AND MIAMI of FLORIDA WITH YOUTH name me one program boys.
    Coach Samples said it best:

    "We play a little more, and we'll be all right," Skyline coach Reginald Samples said. "We easily could schedule a 3-0 record before district, but we're playing good teams who can show us what we're not doing right, and we have a chance to fix it." - Reference

    All things considered, our defense is solid for this time of the year, and wiill improve. Skyline is known for its defense. As I and others have pointed out, the baby offensive line has to improve to give Kincaide some time to work. Once that happens, it's showtime.

    As for the game against Bowie, I won't make any predictions either. Bowie looks like they have the edge on paper. But, I know the Raiders will come ready to play. These teams have been playing each other in pre-season for the last several years. They know each other well. So, whenever you have circumstances like that, the games are usually close.
    ____________________
    . . . Sorry but allen will score on your defense, and they will score a bunch. - bigdog1

  16. #16
    All-World
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by OakTreeUp-n-Out View Post
    To be fair, I think they eventually did adjust this (albeit after about 25 snaps worth of STA guys basically getting a Drag Racing type start on an already overmatched OL).

    Unfortunately the few times I saw STA jump the gun after adjusting, the center either didn't see it or otherwise failed to snap the ball and capitalize.

    The pre-snap movement up front for STA was also a ridiculously simple yet effective way of confusing those guys.

    It was hard to watch... cringe-worthy.
    We scouted them in Daytona but we really didn't have to. They did the same exact things on film against DeSoto and Cypress Woods.

    4-3 cover 2 on defense and a lot of trips open on offense.

  17. #17
    All-World xray10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    katy
    Posts
    1,520

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    St. Thomas Aquinas is probably the best high school team in the country...
    skyline may not have a team like last year but a team like st. thomas will make
    most teams look bad...

    i'll take skyline over bowie....

    in the bowie vs desoto game the desoto recievers were 10 yards past the secondary every time they threw the ball...

  18. #18
    All-Galaxy OakTreeUp-n-Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,425

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Quote Originally Posted by Canes0177 View Post
    We scouted them in Daytona but we really didn't have to. They did the same exact things on film against DeSoto and Cypress Woods.

    4-3 cover 2 on defense and a lot of trips open on offense.
    As a Texas fan it was hard to watch. You guys have a great squad. The difference in... 'execution'... was apparent every time you guys had a 3rd and long and we watched the play unfold. Like you mentioned, you probably could have saved the gas to Daytona.

  19. #19
    All-Galaxy Trojanalum693's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton
    Posts
    2,368

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    STA is a great program and I think Skyline is better than they showed against STA. However with the youth of their program I will say Bowie will win a close game 28-24.

    Skyline will gain much needed experience in this game and it will help them in district play and the playoffs.

  20. #20
    All-Interweb E-Vol-ution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    17,777

    Default Re: Skyline vs Bowie

    Bowie is going through some serious problems offensively.
    It seems the plan for this year was "give the ball to Russell".
    Hard to do when he's not on the field.
    Really doesn't look like we worked on anything else.
    The defense looked pretty good last night.
    Seven fumbles in one game (none by contact) is ridiculous.
    That's an execution problem.
    The coaches need to take a hard look at themselves regarding play calling and other areas........it's not the players.
    4-5 A is wide open.
    I don't mean to sound disrespectful of Skyline.........but no way they should have won this game.
    Skyline is young and plays hard defense.............they deserved the win.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •