Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1255

Thread: Soccer 2012-2013

Default Re: Soccer 2011-2012

I cannot believe what I just witnessed. My hands are literally shaking with excitement as I type this. MCFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most dramatic, crazy, heart-stopping 10+ minutes of soccer I have ever witnessed.
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

Final Standings of the 5ATex EPL Fantasy League.

1. Texas Thunder - 1,795pts
    2. the_phoenix612 - 1,747pts
    3. Gerrard's Right Foot - 1,637pts
    4. Longhorn FC - 1,247pts
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

Quote Originally Posted by WestlakeTech View Post
    Final Standings of the 5ATex EPL Fantasy League.

1. Texas Thunder - 1,795pts
    2. the_phoenix612 - 1,747pts
    3. Gerrard's Right Foot - 1,637pts
    4. Longhorn FC - 1,247pts
    Man I meant to try and pay attention, but I just can't! MAybe next season.

Let's get it going earlier and see if we can get some more people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I cannot believe what I just witnessed. My hands are literally shaking with excitement as I type this. MCFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most dramatic, crazy, heart-stopping 10+ minutes of soccer I have ever witnessed.
    So I'm watching the scores on my phone at churhc and see that QPR is up 2-1 in the 81st minute, and I'm like WOW.

Can't get an update due to covereage until I'm on the way to brunch and I see that City pulled it off.

Fortunately I recorded it and was able to watch. Bolton's red seemed like something I would do and I can't understand the announcers going so crazy. He deserved the card, but totally was hacked right before that.

I'd be pissed(and ejected) as well!

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    So I'm watching the scores on my phone at churhc and see that QPR is up 2-1 in the 81st minute, and I'm like WOW.

Can't get an update due to covereage until I'm on the way to brunch and I see that City pulled it off.

Fortunately I recorded it and was able to watch. Bolton's red seemed like something I would do and I can't understand the announcers going so crazy. He deserved the card, but totally was hacked right before that.

I'd be pissed(and ejected) as well!
    The hit on Tevez was more justifiable than the knee to Aguero's leg/back/butt/whatever he hit. A cheap shot to an unsuspecting player, not cool. I think that's when the announcers started going berserk.

I'm going to miss Darke & Maca. I wonder if they'll be commentating for the Euros.
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

The hit on Tevez was more justifiable than the knee to Aguero's leg/back/butt/whatever he hit. A cheap shot to an unsuspecting player, not cool. I think that's when the announcers started going berserk.
    Agree with you. Bolton clearly lost it. I am referring more to the initial retaliation more than the other stuff.

For you Westlake, Everton's new Nike kit:

I'm on the fence. REally need to see it on someone to figure out if it's just ok, or if the big stripes on the sleeves are as weird as they look in this picture.

Here's some shots of Tottenham's away/3rd jersies. Not sure about them, but they are different.

I'm beginning to think all third jereys just suck.

Yeah... I'm not really liking the sleeve stripe. If the WHOLE sleeve was white, that would be one thing. But just that last couple inches, it looks pretty odd.

At least Spurs' away/3rd jerseys are more interesting than their home kit.

ESPN is still annoying me with their soccer ignorance.

Was cruising the Sportsnation polls again, and saw one about the City win.

"Did you see the Manchester City comeback vs. QPR?"
    A. Yes, I watched the whole game.
    B. Yes, I watched the highlights.
    C. No, but I'm going to watch the highlights.
    D. I don't care about soccer.

D. had 40-ish percent of the vote and the entire map was covered with Yellow (the color representing that response).

But I really don't care about that so much. What gets to me is that, for all of the baseball, basketball, hockey, golf, tennis, etc. questions, they never leave the option "I don't care about this sport." Only for soccer...

Sorry, I'll get out of the soap-box now...
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

Thanks for the Carling Cup King Kenny!

Liverpool have parted company with manager Kenny Dalglish after a season in which the club finished in eighth place in the Premier League.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...erpool?cc=5901

I knew he was meeting in Boston with Werner and Henry, but I did not expect him to be sacked during the meetings. I thought, at the very worst, he was going to be told this upcoming season is do or die.

Pied, any particular guys you'd want to see take the post? I've seen the same names mentioned for the Villa job (barf) pop up on the interwebs (Martinez, Lambert, Rogers, etc), but of course no one really has any idea. Rafa coming back????

I knew he was meeting in Boston with Werner and Henry, but I did not expect him to be sacked during the meetings. I thought, at the very worst, he was going to be told this upcoming season is do or die.

Pied, any particular guys you'd want to see take the post? I've seen the same names mentioned for the Villa job (barf) pop up on the interwebs (Martinez, Lambert, Rogers, etc), but of course no one really has any idea. Rafa coming back????
    I;m not as old school as most fans. WAtching the team, they were performing well in spurts, but certainly missing something(besides goals). I think a fresh look is likely a good thing here. May also help attract new players, or at least not turn them off.

No idea as to the replacement. Rafa would be good with me.

by the way, you on RAWK?

I;m not as old school as most fans. WAtching the team, they were performing well in spurts, but certainly missing something(besides goals). I think a fresh look is likely a good thing here. May also help attract new players, or at least not turn them off.

by the way, you on RAWK?
    I occasionally head over there to lurk, but the threads are so massive and they just get recycled so it kind of turns me off. I'm on the official LFC forums every single day reading stuff, though I think I have to pay to post and I won't be doing that.

by the way, you on RAWK?
    Which positions do y'all need new players for?
    Westlake Chaparrals

Respected By All

Quote Originally Posted by WestlakeTech View Post
    Which positions do y'all need new players for?
    Where to start?

IMO, at least two wingers as Kuyt and Maxi are probably on the way out, Bellamy's knees are iffy to say the least, and Downing has been an epic flop for the most part.

I could see FSG and the new boss wanting another striker to go with Suarez and Carroll. LFC needs a finisher. Carroll might be that guy eventually and he was brought in to be that guy, but right now he isn't.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a midfielder or two brought in. Gerrard appears to be on a bit of a downhill slide, Adam has been a disappointment (before injury), and Lucas is coming back from an ACL injury. Spearing has filled in for Lucas but while he's got the heart, the talent isn't there and he's looked dreadful out there some games. Henderson showed a lot of promise when he was shifted into the CM role (his natural position) later on in this season, but the jury is still out on him. Shelvey shows a lot of promise as well, but he's 19 and still pretty raw. But I really rate him highly, think he's going to be a stud down the road. Liverpool has already been strongly linked to a couple of mid's in the Eredivisie from a few weeks ago, but now that Kenny is gone, I don't know.

Anyone watch the U.S.'s 5-1 win over Scotland last night??

Apparently not, Mr. Yankee!

In other news, it appears as if Liverpool's search for a new skipper is almost finalized. Swansea's Brendan Rodgers slated to become the new manager. Official statement from Swansea:

A statement from Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins:

"I was contacted by Liverpool last night and they expressed their wish to speak to Brendan regarding their vacancy.

"I had a discussion with Brendan to talk about their interest and his views on whether he wanted to speak to Liverpool.

"He expressed his wish with me to do that and he has spoken to Liverpool today.

"Following on from discussions with Liverpool's owners, Brendan has informed us that he would like to take up their offer to manage Liverpool.

"At the moment we are currently in talks with the owners to agree compensation.

"We are trying to finalise that within the next 24 hours.

"Although we are very disappointed to lose such a talented, young British manager, we didn't wish to stand in his way.

"As always at Swansea City, we want people working here who are fully committed to the task ahead.

"We wish Brendan every success in the future.

"We will always remain good friends and we thank him for all his hard work and passion at this football club over the past two years.

"We shall now refocus and quickly start the process of finding his replacement to continue the great work Brendan has carried out at this football club."

I did not. I was out of town, in Knoxville and taped it(both Spanish and English, but the English one didn't record for some reason). Watched the anthem, the goals, heard the announcers talk about how bad the anthem was(in Spanish, the commentary, not the singing). Compared it to Roseanne Barr and Carl Lewis. That was funny. Bradley's goal was incredible, Donovan's were clinical.

Good showing. Trying to get home to see us go for our fifth win in a row(English this time).

Ummm....well..... it was a great play ted by Bradley. Lost of good chances towards the end. The penalty was pretty weak, although I can see how it was called. The defense was simply atrocious on the three other goals.

Oh well.