Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

Banned

Default Re: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaHale74 View Post
    All of you have been so nice today and it just means everything to me. I got a little teary eyed.

I appreciate the prayers, scriptures, and good thoughts. Many resources discuss the power of a positive attitude in making it through a tough time and the healing process. I'll treasure knowing some friends albeit "strangers" are pulling for me.

The offer of visiting is so nice but I expect to be sleeping a lot after the 21st and visitation is somewhat restricted to lesson the risk of germs getting to me.

I went on record a while back against the forum having too many stickys, so I had to laugh because I never would have thought I'd be involved in one. It's a very nice thought but I should provide an better way to allow those who want to check up on me to do so without getting in the way of what the forum is about.

So I've decide to part with my anonymity and provide what I'm giving family and co-workers. My caringbridge web site is www.caringbridge.org/visit/richwenneker. I'll be adding some journal entries this week and then my wife Sonja will for several weeks until I have the strength to resume. Feel free to post a guest entry using your 5ATXFB name.

I'll be in touch and thanks again.

Thanks for providing us with that and you're right, the art of positive thinking is so strong in situations like these. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts as well and we look forward to reading and hearing about the great progress you will be making in this trial. You are strong and with the Lord's strength will overcome and defeat this battle.

Wishing you the best, remember to always stay strong and think positive, especially during the lowest points. Know that there are many people who care about you and want you to recover as quickly as possible!!
    DALLAS MAVERICKS 2010-2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!
    Dirk Nowitzki NBA FINALS MVP!

Banned

You guys remember how we would continuously bump CC57's good bye thread to the top until he got home from Iraq?

I say we do that with Tulsa until he gets to return home in 4 weeks and as he continues to fight this battle he will win.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerfan View Post
    You guys remember how we would continuously bump CC57's good bye thread to the top until he got home from Iraq?

I say we do that with Tulsa until he gets to return home in 4 weeks and as he continues to fight this battle he will win.
    I'm in...
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

Quote Originally Posted by JagFan View Post
    I'm in...
    I'm thinking about him today as well. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaHale74 View Post
    svhorns, I don't know what your troubles are but I hope you work through them.

Tomorrow I go to the hospital for a bone marrow transplant.

The doctors will spend a week killing my bone marrow with chemotherapy and total body irradiation. The short term and long term effects of the radiation are unpleasant to think about: lung damage, cataracts, infertility, and more. On the 21st I get injected with a donor's bone marrow. I'll have no immune system for a while and hopefully I can avoid getting any infections. There will be pain and one day in the hospital I will wish I were dead. However, my white blood cell count will rise from zero and my body will be as a new born baby learning to fight intruders.

I'll be in the hospital for 4 weeks if all goes well, off work for 3-6 months, have a reasonable return to my old life after a year and by two years I'll now what the rest of my life will be like which won't be like it was before. I'll be alive though.

I won't get to attend any football games this year.

Baylor UMC (Dallas) has WiFi so I'll be using my iPad this first week and we'll have to see if I have the energy after that.

CHHSpantherfan, thanks for your offer of assistance (from the iPad thread). We don't know each other yet I know from your posts the world needs more men like you.

I remember learning the 23rd Psalm 45 years ago or so.

T
    he Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
    He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
    He leadeth me beside the still waters.
    He restoreth my soul:
    He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
    Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
    Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
    and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
    I am out of town right now, but will PM you my name and number. DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL ON ME. We will do whatever we can to help.

You are a very courageous Man.
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. ~Ben Franklin

“There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal.” -F.A. Hayek

I'm all for amnesty for all illegals in the United States currently if the Gov't will give every applicant abroad the same immediate opportunity. More manual labor gives people more development opportunities. - CHHSPantherFan 7.26.14

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Mong Hu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    I am out of town right now, but will PM you my name and number. DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL ON ME. We will do whatever we can to help.

You are a very courageous Man.
    Just said a little prayer for TulsaHale74. My family is at church right now and I am home as my youngest is already down for the night.

May God guide the hands of those who care for you and strengthen both you and your family through this ordeal. May it be Gods will to return you to health so that you may continue to glorify him.

In Christ's name,
    Amen
    Paratus Pro Victoria(Preparation before Victory)

Update from Tulsa's Blog:

We checked in the hopital today. They had to put Rich in the ICU part of the BMT floor. The rooms are kinda small but they think they will be able to move him to a regular room in a day or two.

Our nurse came in and talked with us for quite a while and gave us a lot of information.

Rich just got his PICC line put in and they are starting fluids to prepare him for his chemo tomorrow. The chemo he gets starts at 8:00 AM and could be dripping most of the day. He is getting 9 full bags!

The nurse says walking will help him with his recovery so I guess we are about to get real familiar with the hallways on the 4th floor.

We've enjoyed reading the guestbook and appreciate all the kind words. Thank you for your prayers.

Sonja

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by F18mustang View Post
    Update from Tulsa's Blog:
    Thanks for posting that f18

Banned

morning bump. For you all who have not seen this, Tulsa has provided us a way to keep up with his progress with a guestbook and all to sign.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/richwenneker

Stay strong and faithful Tulsa. You will win this battle

morning bump. For you all who have not seen this, Tulsa has provided us a way to keep up with his progress with a guestbook and all to sign.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/richwenneker

Stay strong and faithful Tulsa. You will win this battle
    The journal says he is starting his chemo today. It is going to be a very rough several days for him, he'll need all our support. Do stay strong Tulsa, know that we are thinking about and praying for you and your family.

Thanks for posting that Farmerfan...
    Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    The journal says he is starting his chemo today. It is going to be a very rough several days for him, he'll need all our support. Do stay strong Tulsa, know that we are thinking about and praying for you and your family.
    I can't even begin to imagine what this will feel like for him. His description on page 1 was tough to read in regards to what he will be going through and the dangers that come with it but I guess that is reality. He won't be able to go to HS football games this fall but I am sure that is the least of his worries, I wish there was a way we could take the game to him.

I can't even begin to imagine what this will feel like for him. His description on page 1 was tough to read in regards to what he will be going through and the dangers that come with it but I guess that is reality. He won't be able to go to HS football games this fall but I am sure that is the least of his worries, I wish there was a way we could take the game to him.
    Hmmmm I'll ask around.

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

New update:

Rich had a nice quiet day. The chemo is still dripping and will be finished in the morning. He got everything all hooked up to the pole on wheels and everyone says they will become good friends. We spent time playing around with the ipad the boys bought him for Father's day. He downloaded lots of family pictures on it and we had fun looking at them. He was a little tired because hospitals never sleep! They come in your room for a lot of things during the night, so I hope he gets some rest. A different kind of chemo starts tomorrow night.

Sonja

wow. good luck with everything man.
    This is where you post something no one else cares about.

Praying for you Tulsa.
    MOJO

Morning bump.

Praying for you today.

Last nights Journal entry

Rich had a nice quiet day. The chemo is still dripping and will be finished in the morning. He got everything all hooked up to the pole on wheels and everyone says they will become good friends.

We spent time playing around with the ipad the boys bought him for Father's day. He downloaded lots of family pictures on it and we had fun looking at them.

He was a little tired because hospitals never sleep! They come in your room for a lot of things during the night, so I hope he gets some rest.

A different kind of chemo start​s tomorrow night.

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

All-Universe

Daily bump. I got an email that there is a new journal entry. I'll post it later if no one beats me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Wings Mom View Post
    Daily bump. I got an email that there is a new journal entry. I'll post it later if no one beats me to it.
    There is. Yesterday's was written by his son.

Tulsa- Continuing prayers for you and your family. What a wonderful son you have. His love for you comes out with each word.

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT