Thread: Our new 2000 page bill

Default Our new 2000 page bill

It seems they have come to an agreement of the new financial reform bill. Minus anything on Fannie and Freddie.

My first concern is Dodds statement. Is this another bill they are not sure what is in it? Have they read this bill?

And no I have not read it, it has not been printed for release. I do get concerned when the Chairman of the Banking Committee does not know how it will work.

"It's a great moment. I'm proud to have been here," said a teary-eyed Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), who as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee led the effort in the Senate. "No one will know until this is actually in place how it works. But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...500675_pf.html
    Last edited by JagFan; 06-25-2010 at 08:11 AM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer rwilleby's Avatar

Default Re: Our new 2000 page bill

It scares the crap out of me... November, please hurry...
    Katy Tigers: SEVEN TIME State Champs, we never play anybody...

I would like to re state my idea that we need to put a fence around washington DC so that the nut jobs in their can only hurt themselves and let the rest of the country govern itself.
    "Every Day Every Play" Coach J I

"No game was ever won on the message boards" Coach J II

"Do what I do pre-game and go suit up in one of those Hutch football unis. Then, go out and sting block random strangers. Be sure and roll through 'em." -KT2000 - on ways to cope with off-season

Quote Originally Posted by JagFan View Post
    It seems they have come to an agreement of the new financial reform bill. Minus anything on Fannie and Freddie.

My first concern is Dodds statement. Is this another bill they are not sure what is in it? Have they read this bill?

And no I have not read it, it has not been printed for release. I do get concerned when the Chairman of the Banking Committee does not know how it will work.

"It's a great moment. I'm proud to have been here," said a teary-eyed Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), who as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee led the effort in the Senate. "No one will know until this is actually in place how it works. But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."

remeber this administration ran on more transparency.
    "Every Day Every Play" Coach J I

"No game was ever won on the message boards" Coach J II

"Do what I do pre-game and go suit up in one of those Hutch football unis. Then, go out and sting block random strangers. Be sure and roll through 'em." -KT2000 - on ways to cope with off-season

"It's a great moment. I'm proud to have been here," said a teary-eyed Sen. Christopher J. Dodd (D-Conn.), who as chairman of the Senate Banking Committee led the effort in the Senate. "No one will know until this is actually in place how it works.WHAT?!!!! But we believe we've done something that has been needed for a long time. It took a crisis to bring us to the point where we could actually get this job done."Oh, now it makes sense.......

^^^^
    Back From The Dead!
    Feeling like a three legged border town Mexican dog!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer mad_fan's Avatar

You would think paper company stocks would be performing better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong Hu View Post
    It is sublime insights such as this that indeed make the yard the MAD_HOUSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Seriously, though, why do you say the crap you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_phoenix612 View Post
    Why are you so aggressively ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    mad_fan is a puss... mad_fan is soulless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Alum View Post
    That may be the stupidest accusation I've ever seen. That's just plane stupidity on your part, I think you know that.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ktCarl's Avatar

Who is writing these bills if Congressmen/women aren't reading them? Why does Dodd not know how the bill is going to work? Those guys didn't read the healthcare bill and now this administration is suing Arizona over a bill they haven't read. What's going on in D.C.?
    I've got a fever! And the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!

Poverty wants much; ktCarl everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by mad_fan View Post
    You would think paper company stocks would be performing better...
    I would think that if they actually printed, read, proofed, edited and reprinted. But it seems they just print and go. worry about the details later.

Quote Originally Posted by ktCarl View Post
    Who is writing these bills if Congressmen/women aren't reading them? Why does Dodd not know how the bill is going to work? Those guys didn't read the healthcare bill and now this administration is suing Arizona over a bill they haven't read. What's going on in D.C.?
    Karl, it's called plausible deniablity...NOBODY wants to be held responsible for anything! This bill did not go far enough! WIMPS
    Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    Karl, it's called plausible deniablity...NOBODY wants to be held responsible for anything! This bill did not go far enough! WIMPS
    maybe it went too far.

I guess it depends on which side of the isle you are sitting.

Lobbyist are writing these bills....and congress is just excepting bids for votes.

This is a joke...all i have is prayer, and in the end i know freedom will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    remeber this administration ran on more transparency.
    This administration is now running on more translunacy.