Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Klein High signs Shane Hallmark as new Head Coach

Default Klein High signs Shane Hallmark as new Head Coach

Klein's principal announced today that Shane Hallmark, former Hightower HC, will replace Stan Labay as head coach for the Bearkats.

I don't know much about him, and am curious to learn more...

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dada's Avatar

Default Re: Klein High signs Shane Hallmark as new Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutTeamHero View Post
    Klein's principal announced today that Shane Hallmark, former Hightower HC, will replace Stan Labay as head coach for the Bearkats.

I don't know much about him, and am curious to learn more...
    Nice pickup........
    "We had a great offense. Some people say we were one- dimensional by only running the ball, but if it's not broke, don't fix it, and if they can't stop the run, we're going to run it down your throat." -Adam Taylor, RB Katy

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    nice pickup........
    Good news for the bearkats.
    can he turn KHS into a consistent state contender?

Administrator

It will be really interesting to see what he does with the talent at Klein, especially on offense. Very good hire for Klein in my opinion.

Can anyone out there familiar with Coach Hallmark tell us about his offense and defense that he ran at Hightower?

Did he run the spread?
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"I知 not saying I知 batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rodjohns View Post
    Can anyone out there familiar with Coach Hallmark tell us about his offense and defense that he ran at Hightower?

Did he run the spread?
    He ran the shotgun with a zone-read type running game and shorter passes (get the rac yards). The offense was efficient in both of Hallmark's seasons as head coach, even if it didn't necessarily light up the scoreboard.

Hightower appeared to take the foot off the gas at halftime if they were up by a few scores. The defense was good enough to preserve the win against most teams they played. Of course, he will be up against better competition at Klein.

Hallmark coordinated the defense at Hightower before he took over as head coach, and they've had one of the state's top defenses in each of the years Hallmark's been there. I believe Hightower based from a 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    He ran the shotgun with a zone-read type running game and shorter passes (get the rac yards). The offense was efficient in both of Hallmark's seasons as head coach, even if it didn't necessarily light up the scoreboard.

Hightower appeared to take the foot off the gas at halftime if they were up by a few scores. The defense was good enough to preserve the win against most teams they played. Of course, he will be up against better competition at Klein.

Hallmark coordinated the defense at Hightower before he took over as head coach, and they've had one of the state's top defenses in each of the years Hallmark's been there. I believe Hightower based from a 4-3.
    That is good info...anyone know if Hightower played 7 on 7? how did they do? You know we love our 7 on 7 up at Klein..
    "Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself".

"I知 not saying I知 batman but no one has ever seen me and Batman in the same room together"

All-District

Very sad news for Hightower.

That is good info...anyone know if Hightower played 7 on 7? how did they do? You know we love our 7 on 7 up at Klein..
    Hallmark wasn't big on 7 on 7 but he did get it setup for this year.

I remember everyone was worried when Gene johnson left Hightower in 2007. That opened the door for Hallmark to step up and take the team farther than it had ever gone before.

Hallmark will be missed at Hightower but whomever takes over will continue with the winning tradition. The boys at hightower are training harder than ever before. I think Hightower football is in for some really good things to come. It takes more than a coach to make a team and I have never seen Hightower football players driven like they are right now.
    You have to have it in your heart before you can do it on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post

will this type of offense be succesful at klein? it seems like klein doesn't pump out speedsters like hightower did. klein doesn't have anyone like Dekota Barnes returning, and most of the defense is graduating.

Administrator

will this type of offense be succesful at klein? it seems like klein doesn't pump out speedsters like hightower did. klein doesn't have anyone like Dekota Barnes returning, and most of the defense is graduating.
    Good question. I'm sure Hallmark and his staff are weighing up all the options. Klein's always brought good athletes into the program at the sub-varsity levels. The cupboard might seem a little bare on the surface, but who knows what's been hiding in those hallways (or at other positions) throughout the Wing T years.

Klein is a good job in my opinion. I'd be excited to start turning over the rocks if I was Hallmark.

There are 3500+ students at Klein High School...I think that with the New Coach coming in it will open up a flurry of talented kids coming out for Football. The Klein Subvarsity, both Freshmen and JV teams won the district (I think). There is a hugely talented Junior High group in both 7th and 8th graders feeding into Klein.

Talent is not an issue..how you utilize that talent and how you recruit that talent to the football program is the issue. Track kids that only do track, Baseball, soccer and wrestlers that do not play Football for various reasons is the issue.

The Basketball program at Klein is marginal at best. I would like to see us upgrade that program to be a consistent contender in the district.

Klein is a sweet job with a ton of kids to work with...lets get this ship under way...with the New Head Coach in place I am keeping my season tickets!!!

By the way if the New Head Coach is going to run a shotgun / zone read offense anyone have a clue as to who is going to be taking snaps???

GO Bearkats!!
    Last edited by rodjohns; 03-08-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Starter

Talked to coach Hallmark about an hour ago.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/20...to_kleinsl.txt
    Last edited by FortBendReporter; 03-08-2010 at 03:17 PM.
    Fort Bend Sun newspaper

Twitter: @FtBendSports

Fire up the pit for the tailgate party...look out 13-5A...it is on like Donkey Kong...

Fire up the pit for the tailgate party...look out 13-5A...it is on like Donkey Kong...
    You're going to have to bring a whole herd of Coach whoever's to keep up with Oak next year.......
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    You're going to have to bring a whole herd of Coach whoever's to keep up with Oak next year.......
    Here we go again...another year and another battle of the blogs between Oakies and Bearkats...let the games begin...

Oh, and I will take our Coach over your Coach my friend..

By the way I heard all of Glenloch Farms will now go to Klein...man if that is not the ultimate land grab I don't know what is...

Here we go again...another year and another battle of the blogs between Oakies and Bearkats...let the games begin...

By the way I heard all of Glenloch Farms will now go to Klein...man if that is not the ultimate land grab I don't know what is...
    Wanna trade?......... We will have to beat ya overcomin our many obstackels as they would say in "Oh Brother How Art Thou." Dang.....this almost like a stacked deck. We are going to have to dance with the one we bring to the dance. Good luck though in your new coach. Coach Smith is alright.......missed tackles, errant qb throws are not his fault..... He is going to have to bring in a play though that gets y'alls heads back down out of the clouds.......

Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    Wanna trade?......... We will have to beat ya overcomin our many obstackels as they would say in "Oh Brother How Art Thou." Dang.....this almost like a stacked deck. We are going to have to dance with the one we bring to the dance. Good luck though in your new coach. Coach Smith is alright.......missed tackles, errant qb throws are not his fault..... He is going to have to bring in a play though that gets y'alls heads back down out of the clouds.......

I guess it can only get better for Oak after last season. Oak people are the proudest there are...Going 1-9 and still being able to talk mess! (but hey thats what this board is all about...) Sounds like Hallmark means business though. I believe he can turn KHS into a consistent state contender, instead of Klein sneaking in the backdoor for the playoffs every year. I heard that he will be visiting the kids wednesday at the soonest, and his goal is to have spring ball.

I guess it can only get better for Oak after last season. Oak people are the proudest there are...Going 1-9 and still being able to talk mess! (but hey thats what this board is all about...) Sounds like Hallmark means business though. I believe he can turn KHS into a consistent state contender, instead of Klein sneaking in the backdoor for the playoffs every year. I heard that he will be visiting the kids wednesday at the soonest, and his goal is to have spring ball.
    Come on now......we were tied for second place along with y'all. Y'all beat us but lost to Westfield ........ we strummed Westfield. We had a slow start. Good talent coming back. Should be a great season for both. I hope y'alls new coach takes away all that complaining about why we lost business...... Of course I can't wait to hear the new excuses......

By the way I heard all of Glenloch Farms will now go to Klein...man if that is not the ultimate land grab I don't know what is
    Correct me if I am wrong......but won't all of Glenloch Farms go to the new high school once it opens? What's the name of that new school......KKA (Kick Kleins Arse)...........