Thread: 3 years from now....

Default 3 years from now....

...it'll be the day after THE day nothing happened.

12-22-12
    Best Poster At The Game- 2010 Winner

RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

Default Re: 3 years from now....

Quote Originally Posted by jrock210 View Post
    ...it'll be the day after THE day nothing happened.

12-22-12
    Most of you are too young, but ten years ago the business world was nuts. My company dedicated teams of people soley to the Y2K issue for 6+ months. They either dd their job, or it was waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    Most of you are too young, but ten years ago the business world was nuts. My company dedicated teams of people soley to the Y2K issue for 6+ months. They either dd their job, or it was waste of time.
    Oh I remember Y2K. I have good memories of hiding out in a bomb shelter in our backyard that my Dad bought because he thought it would actually happen. He took out his savings and sold all of his stock. We had non perishable foods and a crap load of water. It's funny we just finished the last of our water during Thanksgiving break.

I don't believe the 2012 thing is gonna happen but it's pretty funny.

RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

Oh I remember Y2K. I have good memories of hiding out in a bomb shelter in our backyard that my Dad bought because he thought it would actually happen. He took out his savings and sold all of his stock. We had non perishable foods and a crap load of water. It's funny we just finished the last of our water during Thanksgiving break.

Heard storied about things like that, but never really thought anyone did that.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member RedRage00's Avatar

LMFAO, are you serious?
    Get Rowdy or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRage00 View Post
    LMFAO, are you serious?
    Ya in all honesty (other than the bomb shelter) we gained money from it. We didn't buy food for about a year and half (I no longer have an appetite for Twinkees) and we had our bottles of water for almost 9 years. About a hundred cases worth. The bomb shelter is still in Corpus but after the whole thing passed over, I stayed in the bomb shelter as a room. I wish I had pictures still. We put carpet down and everything haha

RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

All-Interweb

i thought it was december 23rd?
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member RedRage00's Avatar

Ya in all honesty (other than the bomb shelter) we gained money from it. We didn't buy food for about a year and half (I no longer have an appetite for Twinkees) and we had our bottles of water for almost 9 years. About a hundred cases worth. The bomb shelter is still in Corpus but after the whole thing passed over, I stayed in the bomb shelter as a room. I wish I had pictures still. We put carpet down and everything haha
    that is epic! hahaha
    Get Rowdy or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    i thought it was december 23rd?
    http://www.adishakti.org/mayan_end_t...12-21-2012.htm

RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

All-District

I hope this isn't the same day as the state championship...that would ruin everything!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkit12 View Post
    I hope this isn't the same day as the state championship...that would ruin everything!
    That would make the game even better.

Who are the last (possible) state champions?

RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

I remember that. I had to work New Years day because they thought our computers were going to crash and they didn't. Just people calling making sure their money was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by pied View Post
    Y2K was a legitimate software concern but any decent programmer would have been able to correct the date issue from two digits to four digits pretty easily. Even if you had the worst code in the world and you had to correct the date each and every instance you could hire a college CS student to do it for $10/hour. For the life of me can't figure out why so many people went ape sh*t.

As far as 2012... why in the world would people be buying bomb shelters, canned food, and bottled water? Isn't it supposed to be the end of the world. That bottle water going to be come in handy when the "world" ceases to exist? Methinks I'll make some timely investments leading up to that date and cash out.

All-Interweb

Quote Originally Posted by tayb View Post
    Y2K was a legitimate software concern but any decent programmer would have been able to correct the date issue from two digits to four digits pretty easily. Even if you had the worst code in the world and you had to correct the date each and every instance you could hire a college CS student to do it for $10/hour. For the life of me can't figure out why so many people went ape sh*t.
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

I'm gonna need you to change those dates from two digits... to four digits... oh... and while I'm here... I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday to make sure you get that done... alright...

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer SLC93's Avatar

How sad. I went the opposite route choosing instead to spend the potential last day of my existence with a busty, young blonde who enjoyed misplacing her clothes and a rather large bottle of Crown.
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis