• Lake Travis Cavs

35 60.34%
  • Longview Lobos

23 39.66%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Travis vs. Longview Pt. II

Default Re: Lake Travis vs. Longview Pt. II

Quote Originally Posted by chapfootball123 View Post
    lets bring 2 championships back to the lake!!!! Go lt!

From: Your neighbors down the street in westlake. Go get 'em cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Fan View Post
    I'll take Longview simply because the LT reps in this thread are a little arrogant and annoying.
    Someone finally said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltcav83 View Post
    That is rich coming from a Katy fan!
    Show more class than any of you.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

Here's what gets my goat about this game and it really bothers me. I've seen a state title game in every classification except 4A and I want to erase that. I won't be at either 4A title game this week because I'll be at the Kansas-Michigan basketball game and then head north to Minnesota and North Dakota to see some hockey games.

What makes this doubly worse is this:

I started semi-following Judson in the early 80's and was always happy for their wins/titles, but I never got to see them on a weekly basis until I moved to Converse in 2001. I was thrilled to be there every step along the way for the 2002 title, was deployed for the 2005 run, but I did get to see the 2007 title game. 2002 was not the same as my feelings for the teams listed below. As much as I love what Judson has always stood for character-wise, it's just not the same being a fan when you start going to the games after quite a bit of success even if you do like me and start on the train early in the success before most of the titles. Being a Judson fan and not going to the games for so long will always be somewhat shallow for me.

I graduated high school in Mt. Pleasant and outside of the Quarterfinal run the year after I graduated (Couldn't handle the Chapel Hill defense that year), I was always out of state/country for their playoff runs in the 90's and they're garbage now and the only title they ever played for was the Cuero loss in 1973. I lived in Pittsburg before Mt. Pleasant and went there my freshman year and this run this year was the best I've ever seen and the last good playoff run they had was when I was a Freshman and they couldn't handle Daingerfield's 2nd title run, but they sure enough beat Gilmer that year! 1980 was the only title game for the Pirates and they won it that year.

Before I ever rooted for either Mt. Pleasant or Pittsburg, I was a Longview fan. I started going to their games in the 70's and always wanted them to end the 1937 drought. They always had pretty good teams when I was in Longview, but never good enough. I was in Korea when they lost the 1997 title and I couldn't go to last year's game vs. Lake Travis because my dad was helping me at the house. Ever since Saturday night, it's bothered me that the Lobos might end the drought this year and I won't be there to see it. If I didn't have so much money invested in the games and trip, I'd just go to Waco this week. On the other hand, I'd hate to skip the trip in the event the Lobos lose and we can't guarantee anything. At the end of the day, I have to fall back on "Do what you can guarantee and don't worry about the rest."

That what I like about you Lonny! You always tell it like you see it. It does not matter to you how other people construe what you say. Enjoy the games you are going to this weekend. Got a question for you though! Were you at Longview-Lufkin game in early 70's that Lufkin won but Longview went to playoffs off a coinflip? Lufkin and John Tyler stayed home and I know Lufkin had the better team with Elrick And Delrick Brown. I just remember it being freakin cold on my skinny butt that night. Did not have as much padding as I do now.
    Lufkin lost to Nacogdoches for first time in over 20 years. Will Longview get over a 100 points against Lufkin this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Fan View Post
    I'll take Longview simply because the LT reps in this thread are a little arrogant and annoying.
    I notice arrogance coming from Longview too. Oh well.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    Week 1: Friday @ Pflugerville
    Week 2: Friday vs SA Madison
    Week 3: Friday vs Kyle Lehman
    Week 4: Thursday @ Austin Anderson
    Week 5: Thursday vs Austin High
    Week 6: Friday @ Westlake
    Week 7: BYE
    Week 8: Thursday vs Austin Akins
    Week 9: Thursday @ Hays Consolidated
    Week 10: Friday vs Lake Travis
    Week 11: Friday @ Del Valle

Twitter: @AlanGalbreathTX

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." Proverbs 9:10

Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post
    Shock 'da world

Longview - 45
    LT - 42
    Shock the world? Before the season, and throughout most of it, people were saying Longview was #1 and would dominate on their way to the title.
    BOWIE BULLDOGS
    Week 1: Friday @ Pflugerville
    Week 2: Friday vs SA Madison
    Week 3: Friday vs Kyle Lehman
    Week 4: Thursday @ Austin Anderson
    Week 5: Thursday vs Austin High
    Week 6: Friday @ Westlake
    Week 7: BYE
    Week 8: Thursday vs Austin Akins
    Week 9: Thursday @ Hays Consolidated
    Week 10: Friday vs Lake Travis
    Week 11: Friday @ Del Valle

Twitter: @AlanGalbreathTX

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." Proverbs 9:10

What happens if LT starts smelling blood?

Then it could get ugly for the Lobos. But ill leave it on this note Longview has came back from 17-0 and 20-0 deficits from some very good teams(Allen, Waxahachie) while I think the only real hole Lt has faced was to Steele I think 12-0. But give the Cavs credit they made one heck of a goal line stand from inside the 5. Maybe if Steel gets that they are a 2pt conversion away from ending the 3 peat run.

I know Longview is going to show up and play and I know LT will come in ready. This is going to be a very good game. Now if I had to pic an absolute winner right now im thinking LT, but if Longview shows up like I know they are capable of playing we will have some shocked cavs fans.

Is this game going to be televised.
    2001 UIL 5A State Champs Lufkin 38 Austin Westlake 24
    1943 UIL 2A Runner-Up Lufkin 13 San Angelo 26

1968 UIL 2A Runner-Up Lufkin Dunbar 6 Daingerfield 7
    1967 PVIL 3A State Champs Lufkin Dunbar 44 Texarakana Dunbar 24
    1966 PVIL 3A State Champs Lufkin Dunbar 14 Wichita Falls Washington 7
    1964 PVIL 3A State Champs Lufkin Dunbar 20 Marlin Washington 6

Quote Originally Posted by GameTyme View Post
    Then it could get ugly for the Lobos. But ill leave it on this note Longview has came back from 17-0 and 20-0 deficits from some very good teams(Allen, Waxahachie) while I think the only real hole Lt has faced was to Steele I think 12-0. But give the Cavs credit they made one heck of a goal line stand from inside the 5. Maybe if Steel gets that they are a 2pt conversion away from ending the 3 peat run.

I know Longview is going to show up and play and I know LT will come in ready. This is going to be a very good game. Now if I had to pic an absolute winner right now im thinking LT, but if Longview shows up like I know they are capable of playing we will have some shocked cavs fans.

Unfortunately no. But it sure as heck needs to be!
    Cove Dawgs

The predictor says Lake Travis 38-28.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2009 5ATF College Football Top Gun Champion
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all
    Walt Disney Company

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack4life View Post
    Show more class than any of you.
    Every Longview person that I met last year was nice. If you associate message board, good natured smack with class, then I don't quite know what to say. I said before the year that these two team would meet again and here we are. LT has been a bit better than I thought they would be and LV is as good as I knew they would be.

Yes, I think LT wins because they seem to have a bit better team. What do you think? Will you be there?

Every Longview person that I met last year was nice. If you associate message board, good natured smack with class, then I don't quite know what to say. I said before the year that these two team would meet again and here we are. LT has been a bit better than I thought they would be and LV is as good as I knew they would be.

Yes, I think LT wins because they seem to have a bit better team. What do you think? Will you be there?
    Will you? I am trying to make sure the "boss" is not gonna have a problem with one more Saturday away. A friend of mine is gonna set up a big tailgating party early Sat. for his son's birthday so they can celebrate and watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LP-79 View Post
    You know I may be wrong, Lord knows it will not be the first time! I see this as more a low scoring game. Both teams have high octane offensives but both also have pretty good defenses. A 17-14 or a 21-20 game in favor of Longview is what I am predicting.
    i dont see it being that low scoring. Maybe Longview score is accurate but I dont see us holding LT to under 30 pts....just too explosive.
    "I was worried but the more I think about it all Longview has is history and reputation....they are due for a loss at lobo and the horn jags can do it... - paige70

Proverbs 17:28 - "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips he is considered perceptive."

Do you know my King? http://theiowaharvest.com/myking

Quote Originally Posted by GameTyme View Post

we came ready to play last year and got rolled. I think one reason this will be a better game is because Longview knows what it is up against. I dont think many people from East Texas actually knew just how good LT was. People tried to warn us but not many listened. I hope last years game got our attention.
    "I was worried but the more I think about it all Longview has is history and reputation....they are due for a loss at lobo and the horn jags can do it... - paige70

Proverbs 17:28 - "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips he is considered perceptive."

Do you know my King? http://theiowaharvest.com/myking

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Shamu85 View Post
    Will you? I am trying to make sure the "boss" is not gonna have a problem with one more Saturday away. A friend of mine is gonna set up a big tailgating party early Sat. for his son's birthday so they can celebrate and watch the game.
    I will be there and hopefully not be caught in traffic and miss the first 3 plays like I did last year! I think that it will be a great game. Not sure about a high scoring shootout, but something like 35-24. Would love to see LT make history.

By the way, they should be this good or probably better next year.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by c-lisle View Post
    i dont see it being that low scoring. Maybe Longview score is accurate but I dont see us holding LT to under 30 pts....just too explosive.

Ugh... You sure do know how to bring someone hopes and dreams down. Who knows what will happen. Maybe we can hold LT to 30 pts. Steele did it and if I am not mistaking another team did it. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying we are anything like Steele and whoever else. We all know LT is great and they can score in the 100's if they wanted to, but just maybe our D will play the game of their lives, anything is possible.

I will be there and hopefully not be caught in traffic and miss the first 3 plays like I did last year!
    You leave way too late if you're missing plays.

I'll be leaving Longview at 9:30 AM on Saturday morning.
    LONGVIEW LOBO HISTORY

THE LONGVIEW LOBOS
    1937 1A STATE CHAMPIONS

1997 5A Division I, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalist
    35 District Championships
    1947, 1975, 2010 State Semi-Finalist
    1940, 1986, 1996, 2002, 2007 State Quarterfinalist
    2004, 2011, 2012, 2013 Regional Finalist
    1983, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 2001, 2006 Area Finalist
    1924, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1942, 1967, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1992, 2003, 2005 Bi-District Finalists

HISTORY...REPUTATION...LUCK

All-American

The team is leaving at 1pm and if the traffic is like last yr than Im back driving the feeders. I know the LV side was slowly filling up during the game. I know I want to tailgate but my wife does not so I still plan to leave a little early and maybe visit some nice LV people along the way.

All-World

Quote Originally Posted by bowiedawgs01 View Post
    Shock the world? Before the season, and throughout most of it, people were saying Longview was #1 and would dominate on their way to the title.
    Longview was ranked #1 preseason... Big deal. Ever since their week 4 loss, they dropped below Lake Travis and haven't passed them since. LT has a 45-game winning streak, waltzed through their schedule , beat Longview last year, etc. It'll be a HUGE upset if Longview wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeJ View Post
    You on the other hand are just another little kid on this website that hides behind his IP address protector on a keyboard saying what he wants knowing he'll never have to back his mouth up.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo9599 View Post
    Ugh... You sure do know how to bring someone hopes and dreams down. Who knows what will happen. Maybe we can hold LT to 30 pts. Steele did it and if I am not mistaking another team did it. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying we are anything like Steele and whoever else. We all know LT is great and they can score in the 100's if they wanted to, but just maybe our D will play the game of their lives, anything is possible.
    That other team was San Antonio Alamo Heights, both them and Steele are in the same district. Speaking of that district, Kerrville Tivy is from that district too; they lost in the state semis against Brenham. That be 27-4A. Where 8th place Seguin beat 5A playoff team San Antonio East Central... eek!
    We Believe In Unicorns, So Will You!
    NEW BRAUNFELS UNICORNS

2013 UNICORNS

Boerne Champion (4A) - 10-27 L
    Seguin (4A) - 31-38 OT L
    San Antonio Madison - 13-41 L
    San Antonio Johnson - 16-49 L
    San Antonio East Central - 28-3 W
    *New Braunfels Canyon - 7-27 L
    *San Marcos - 24-7 W
    *San Antonio Wagner - 27-13 W
    *Smithson Valley - 14-52 L