Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84

Thread: Worst Fans in the State.

  1. #61
    All-Interweb jrock210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Converse
    Posts
    13,717

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRage00 View Post
    Carroll.......Corpus Christi Carroll.....calm down Slcdragonfan


    worse fans for boredum......Highland Park
    Man this is an old thread but I'm pretty sure you wanted a reaction out of me and I just now saw this

    I've never had a bad experience with a Carroll fan. Ray fans on the other hand have shot at a bus containing several band members [or so a few Carroll HS graduates have said] and they threw rocks at the band while they played their halftime show.

    Trust me....I've never heard the end of those experiences.
    Best Poster At The Game- 2010 Winner

    RIP Atwelljrock
    RIP TulsaHale74

  2. #62
    All-World
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    JRock I love your pic. AWESOME

    Also, I hate fans who make excuses and act like they're the greatest team who has ever graced the football field. OHS. The Chicago Cubs of HS football... they dont just drink the kool-aid, they bathe in that $*&t.....

  3. #63
    All-Universe Austin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    All over, Texas
    Posts
    5,354

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    I don't know. It would be a toss up for my pick on worst in State. Its a tie between:

    1) Abilene fans giving my mother the finger and laughing after the State game when she said "Good game! Congrats on state!" (said sincerely by the way). That was pretty special.

    or

    2) Cy-Falls football parents in 2006 taunting the Katy football team after they had just lost. Boys were crying after the end of their senior season and they were saying some truly despicable things. At one point we had to hold a football player back from going after a dad who was saying some things about a boys "W***e of a mother". "Get your crying faggot a**** back to your **** hole town and enjoy the basketball season b****es" was really a fun feeling hearing from a woman around 65-70.

    Toss up between those 2 as the worst fans from my perspective.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

  4. #64
    All-Interweb BlakeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493
    Posts
    18,805

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    The worst fans are the fans who dont like criticism or honesty. The HOMERS! Those are the worst fans.


  5. #65
    All-World coriv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Odessa
    Posts
    1,115

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackNBlack87 View Post
    JRock I love your pic. AWESOME

    Also, I hate fans who make excuses and act like they're the greatest team who has ever graced the football field. OHS. The Chicago Cubs of HS football... they dont just drink the kool-aid, they bathe in that $*&t.....
    Funny because that's exactly how I would describe most Permian fans.

  6. #66
    All-Interweb F18mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas Tech
    Posts
    15,409

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by coriv View Post
    Funny because that's exactly how I would describe most Permian fans.
    I can agree with that.

  7. #67
    All-World
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,959

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin109 View Post
    2) Cy-Falls football parents in 2006 taunting the Katy football team after they had just lost. Boys were crying after the end of their senior season and they were saying some truly despicable things. At one point we had to hold a football player back from going after a dad who was saying some things about a boys "W***e of a mother". "Get your crying faggot a**** back to your **** hole town and enjoy the basketball season b****es" was really a fun feeling hearing from a woman around 65-70.

    Toss up between those 2 as the worst fans from my perspective.
    Like Katy fans weren't pulling the same stunts the previous year.

    When Falls and Katy play each, both sides tend to bring out a nasty side. My school doesn't always have the best fans but neither does Katy. I have a hard time believing we had parents do that, but I guess it doesn't surprise me. That was the same game in which Falls parents were passing around a petition to get rid of the bad neighborhoods from our boundary lines.

    For the record, I support Katy any time they don't play Falls.

  8. #68
    All-Universe Super B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Rustic Woods - Bedford, Texas
    Posts
    5,226

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    SLC Dragon fans notoriously showed up at Trinity games, during their Bye weeks or if our game or their game was not on Friday. This was mainly during the Dodge era (when they were a "Dynasty"). They would always sit on the Trinity opponent side. It was usually a group of about 20 or so, wearing green. These were most certainly current students. They would just quietly sit there. Of course the other team did not do anything worthy of their cheers. I believe they were there because of concern that another legitimately great Team was getting headlines right down the street (so to speak) from them. This increased dramatically during the '06 season after Trinity's first State Championship. Continued in '07, as if to rub in that they got past us in '06 (they won state, Trinity did not). Interestingly this basically stopped all together in '08, the season after Trinity won their 2nd and SLC had lost to Abilene, ending an Era.
    Super B
    2 Peter 2:19
    While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. - NKJV

  9. #69
    All-Interweb slcdragonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southlake, TX
    Posts
    30,532

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super B View Post
    SLC Dragon fans notoriously showed up at Trinity games, during their Bye weeks or if our game or their game was not on Friday. This was mainly during the Dodge era (when they were a "Dynasty"). They would always sit on the Trinity opponent side. It was usually a group of about 20 or so, wearing green. These were most certainly current students. They would just quietly sit there. Of course the other team did not do anything worthy of their cheers. I believe they were there because of concern that another legitimately great Team was getting headlines right down the street (so to speak) from them. This increased dramatically during the '06 season after Trinity's first State Championship. Continued in '07, as if to rub in that they got past us in '06 (they won state, Trinity did not). Interestingly this basically stopped all together in '08, the season after Trinity won their 2nd and SLC had lost to Abilene, ending an Era.
    Maybe, just maybe, you misread what was happening? Especially since they "just sat there"? When you are an outside party in a game it is often easier to sit on the visitor side. In fact, I have sat on the DRAGON visitor side at times for better seating. I for one am a big fan of Trinity. I enjoy watching a different kind of ball played, and the hard-hitting going on.

    Most Dragon fans I know like ET. We have shared our facilities with you, we have an ex-coach there and his relative here.

    Honestly, there is plenty to shoot at for us as fans, but I think this is a miss.
    The rules of comparative advantage are ironclad....and the willingness to let an industry poison your air and water is a comparative advantage. - Firebird

  10. #70
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southlake, Texas
    Posts
    20,626

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super B View Post
    SLC Dragon fans notoriously showed up at Trinity games, during their Bye weeks or if our game or their game was not on Friday. This was mainly during the Dodge era (when they were a "Dynasty"). They would always sit on the Trinity opponent side. It was usually a group of about 20 or so, wearing green. These were most certainly current students. They would just quietly sit there. Of course the other team did not do anything worthy of their cheers. I believe they were there because of concern that another legitimately great Team was getting headlines right down the street (so to speak) from them. This increased dramatically during the '06 season after Trinity's first State Championship. Continued in '07, as if to rub in that they got past us in '06 (they won state, Trinity did not). Interestingly this basically stopped all together in '08, the season after Trinity won their 2nd and SLC had lost to Abilene, ending an Era.
    Afraid you're way off base on this one. The majority of Carroll fans whom I am aware of are also fans of the Trinity program. I've been to plenty of Trinity games and have sat on both sides of the field. At the old Texas Stadium, our group would always sit in the same location (if possible) on the back row of Section 11. Didn't matter which other teams were playing. So don't read anything into seating location for many Carroll fans, as you attempt to do. Your jealousy theory is also strange, for as far as I can tell, most of us like Trinity and wish them well.

    Sic Semper Tyrannis

  11. #71
    All-Interweb
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southlake,TX
    Posts
    15,078

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrEdward View Post
    Afraid you're way off base on this one. The majority of Carroll fans whom I am aware of are also fans of the Trinity program. I've been to plenty of Trinity games and have sat on both sides of the field. At the old Texas Stadium, our group would always sit in the same location (if possible) on the back row of Section 11. Didn't matter which other teams were playing. So don't read anything into seating location for many Carroll fans, as you attempt to do. Your jealousy theory is also strange, for as far as I can tell, most of us like Trinity and wish them well.
    I agree, I have never had a bad experience with a Trinity fan. Even after the '06 game they congratulated us on the way out. They were the game before us when we played Allen last year and some gave up their seats and others stayed, which I am cool with, you pay to go to a multiple game site that is your seat, period.
    We have always gotten along well and I go Trinity games when we have a bye week and during the playoffs. I have always been under the impression that both programs have a huge amount of respect for each other.

  12. #72
    All-Omnipotent Copypasta GoOwls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Garland, Texas...and just keeping it real in The Yard
    Posts
    15,818

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by Super B View Post
    SLC Dragon fans notoriously showed up at Trinity games, during their Bye weeks or if our game or their game was not on Friday. This was mainly during the Dodge era (when they were a "Dynasty"). They would always sit on the Trinity opponent side. It was usually a group of about 20 or so, wearing green. These were most certainly current students. They would just quietly sit there. Of course the other team did not do anything worthy of their cheers. I believe they were there because of concern that another legitimately great Team was getting headlines right down the street (so to speak) from them. This increased dramatically during the '06 season after Trinity's first State Championship. Continued in '07, as if to rub in that they got past us in '06 (they won state, Trinity did not). Interestingly this basically stopped all together in '08, the season after Trinity won their 2nd and SLC had lost to Abilene, ending an Era.
    Man, are you the same Super B that everybody loved to hate on THSF.com.....you sure sound like him. I'm gonna troll your other posts and I'll be able to tell.

    This place isn't like THSF....you can't run over people here and make a living at it like you can there...God help you if you are him.
    2013 5A TEXAS HS FOOTBALL COLLEGE TOP GUN "PICK 'EM" CHAMPION

    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it......shut up about the 10% and deal with the 90%....you have control over the 90%.

    CHARACTER is not found in a bottle, a pipe, a doob, a line, a hit, a needle, or any other means of obsession that alters the mind and creates illusions of grandeur, no matter how hard you look for it there... If you have to prop it up with a substance....it ain't CHARACTER.

  13. #73
    All-World
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by coriv View Post
    Funny because that's exactly how I would describe most Permian fans.

    That's because we are. Numbers dont lie.

  14. #74
    All-Universe Austin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    All over, Texas
    Posts
    5,354

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Like Katy fans weren't pulling the same stunts the previous year.

    When Falls and Katy play each, both sides tend to bring out a nasty side. My school doesn't always have the best fans but neither does Katy. I have a hard time believing we had parents do that, but I guess it doesn't surprise me. That was the same game in which Falls parents were passing around a petition to get rid of the bad neighborhoods from our boundary lines.

    For the record, I support Katy any time they don't play Falls.
    In 2005 the Katy parents cheered for the Cy - Falls boys after the losses. Also the parents arent allowed near the locker room at that point. I have a friend at college with me who lives down the hall from the 2005 Cy-Falls team who said the Katy parents were great.

    Please tell me more.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

  15. #75
    All-Universe Austin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    All over, Texas
    Posts
    5,354

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackNBlack87 View Post
    That's because we are. Numbers dont lie.
    Your right. Numbers don't. So you aren't the top or even tied for it.

    8 Championships
    Celina - 1974 (co-champ), 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007

    7 Championships

    Abilene - 1923, 1928, 1931, 1954, 1955, 1956, 2009
    Brownwood - 1960, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1978, 1981
    Plano - 1965, 1967, 1971, 1977, 1986, 1987, 1994
    Southlake Carroll - 1988, 1992, 1993, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006


    6 State Titles
    Breckenridge - 1929 (co champ), 1951, 1952, 1954, 1958, 1959
    Converse Judson - 1983, 1988 (by forfeit), 1992, 1993, 1995, 2002
    Katy - 1959, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2008
    Odessa Permian - 1965, 1972, 1980, 1984 (co champ), 1989, 1991
    Waco - 1925, 1926, 1927, 1945 (co champ), 1948
    Wichita Falls - 1949, 1950, 1958, 1961, 1969



    In overall victories Plano and Amarillo are the best in the state with 715, Highland park has 725. No other school has over 700.

    Your tied for 4th-6th overall when it comes to championships. SLC, Plano, and Abilene are all the top dogs when it comes to being the best through history. You are tied with Katy and Judson though.


    I guess this means Plano is the most successful 5A program of all time and an arguing point for best out of any team in the state of Texas.
    http://peaksports.blogspot.com/
    My bi-weekly blog about working out. Workouts and a place where I also lay out concepts, ideas, and explanations of why I do what I do. I do appreciate your feed back.

  16. #76
    All-World
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Are we talking about the top classification???? For each of those titles for all of those teams????

  17. #77
    All-World
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    http://forums.5atexasfootball.com/sh...t=29099&page=2

    also this..... post #39, the 5A wins/percentage... check the 1950's and see who has number 1 beside both spots.

  18. #78
    All-Universe mojotrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    9,530

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by BackNBlack87 View Post
    JRock I love your pic. AWESOME

    Also, I hate fans who make excuses and act like they're the greatest team who has ever graced the football field. OHS. The Chicago Cubs of HS football... they dont just drink the kool-aid, they bathe in that $*&t.....
    funniest thing I've ever heard.

  19. #79
    All-Universe mojotrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    9,530

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by coriv View Post
    Funny because that's exactly how I would describe most Permian fans.
    excluding me, right?

  20. #80
    All-Universe mojotrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Odessa, Texas
    Posts
    9,530

    Default Re: Worst Fans in the State.

    Quote Originally Posted by F18mustang View Post
    I can agree with that.
    He needs no positive reinforcement. Stay out of it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •