Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Heritage Band wake up!!!

Default Re: Heritage Band wake up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by da hawaiian View Post
    I call my wife Cocobuns

Quote Originally Posted by xnfl View Post
    Outstanding!!! how bout 4 Q OF BAND AND 15MIN OF FOOTBALL?
    Well if you take out all of the time the football is NOT in motion, there is really only something like 12 minutes of football anyway.
    ThatWylieGuard_Dad

*A supporter of the two High schools in Wylie. It gives me 2 teams to cheer for!

Quote Originally Posted by xnfl View Post
    If anyone knows the band director at Heritage could you please explain to them not to play when their OWN DARN team is on offense.
    In HS (in No. Virginia) We NEVER played when on offense except in timeouts and MAYBE a tag between plays.

My older kids were in the band in North Carolina. Same deal. The Coaches would raise hell if the band played while they were on offense.

I come to Texas, the Football Capitol of the Country, so some will say, and I see our band, and others, constantly playing through snaps. The directors/drum majors seem to have total disregard to what is going on out on the field, with exception to playing the fight song after a score. And even then they play through the extra point attempt.

If a coach from Wylie HS is reading this thread, will ya talk to the band director?

(my comments are my own and should reflect negatively on my daughter, a member of TWB).
    ThatWylieGuard_Dad

*A supporter of the two High schools in Wylie. It gives me 2 teams to cheer for!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatWylieGuard_Dad View Post
    In HS (in No. Virginia) We NEVER played when on offense except in timeouts and MAYBE a tag between plays.

My older kids were in the band in North Carolina. Same deal. The Coaches would raise hell if the band played while they were on offense.

I come to Texas, the Football Capitol of the Country, so some will say, and I see our band, and others, constantly playing through snaps. The directors/drum majors seem to have total disregard to what is going on out on the field, with exception to playing the fight song after a score. And even then they play through the extra point attempt.

If a coach from Wylie HS is reading this thread, will ya talk to the band director?

(my comments are my own and should reflect negatively on my daughter, a member of TWB).

the really good band directors will play loudly when the other team has the ball and not at all when their team does. Some call it unsportsmanlike, I like to call it total team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    the really good band directors will play loudly when the other team has the ball and not at all when their team does. Some call it unsportsmanlike, I like to call it total team effort.
    We have tried and tried to explain this to our band director. He does not listen most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by chhspantherfan View Post
    Personally I think the band is an extension of the crowd so it should not be a big issue. However I can understand the view of being unsportsmanlike on some levels, specially when playing At Allen. But that is a different beast all together.
    ThatWylieGuard_Dad