Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Hunt for October

  1. #1
    All-Universe tayb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,255

    Default Hunt for October

    Playoff matchups are getting set in the MLB.

    In the AL the only race left unsettled is the AL Central where the Tigers are two games away from clinching. Minnesota has to win their remaining three games and hope the Tigers lose two of their next three to finish the season tied in which case Minnesota would move on due to their head-to-head season victory over Detroit. As a Yankee fan I would much rather see a Morneau-less Twins team than Verlander and Jackson. Whoever wins that division plays against the Yankees.

    In the NL the playoff teams are set (Dodgers, Phillies, Cardinals, and Rockies) but the actual match-ups are going to come down to the wire. All four NL playoff teams are within two games of each other with three left to go so the match-ups could change substantially between now and Sunday. The Dodgers and Rockies play a three game series starting today which will go a long way to determining who is the Wild Card and who gets home field advantage.

    AL:

    Detroit at Yankees (92% probability) or Minnesota at Yankees (8% probability)

    Red Sox at Angels

    NL: (As it stands right now)

    Cardinals at Dodgers

    Rockies at Phillies



    Looks like some real good match-ups and some good games. Cardinals at Dodgers, Red Sox at Angels, and Minnesota/Detroit at the Yankees are all games that I would want to watch. I hope they space these games out so I can catch a lot of them.

    BTW. Go Yankees.

  2. #2
    All-Interweb
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    17,411

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    over/under on how many times we hear "empire state of mind" when the yankees are on tv?
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

  3. #3
    All-Universe tayb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,255

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    AL:
    Yankees 1
    Twins 0

    Red Sox 0
    Angels 0 (Currently up 3-0 top 7th)

    NL:
    Rockies 1
    Phillies 1

    Dodgers 2
    Cardinals 0

  4. #4
    All-Universe tayb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,255

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    I did not see the Cardinals/Dodgers series going this way. I figured that Cardinals would be 2-0 right now but after last night I would be surprised if they weren't swept.

  5. #5
    All-Interweb svhorns's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    16,021

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    Yankees will blow it.

  6. #6
    All-Universe okt0ber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Guadalupe County
    Posts
    7,759

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    I'm right here. Hunt over.
    Deer Park: True Birthplace of Texas Independence. Santa Ana Capture Site. Official Surrender Treaty Signing Site.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCDawgs View Post
    Yep.

  7. #7
    All-Universe tayb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,255

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    hahaha. I laughed.

    Yankees might not win the world series but there is no way way they blow it against the Twins.

  8. #8
    Moderator SLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East of Hwy 75
    Posts
    21,962

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    Quote Originally Posted by svhorns View Post
    Yankees will blow it.

    This. I hate the evil empire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2009 5ATF College Football Top Gun Champion
    Hook 'Em Horns

    Dragons Football

    The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all
    Walt Disney Company

  9. #9
    All-Galaxy CCDawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Copperas Cove, TX
    Posts
    4,524

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    NL
    Phillies/Rockies
    Dodgers/Cards

    Phillies/Dodgers

    AL
    Yankees/Twins
    Angels/Red Sox

    Angels/Yankees

    World Series

    Angels/Phillies
    Cove Dawgs

  10. #10
    All-Universe tayb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,255

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    No stopping the Yankees. With Arod and Tex hitting in the clutch no one is going to beat this team. Two run bomb in the bottom of the ninth by Arod to tie it up and a walk off solo shot by Tex in the 11th to win it. Yankees go up 2-0 meanwhile the Red Sox go down 0-2 to the Angels.

    AL:
    Yankees 2
    Twins 0

    Angels 2
    Red Sox 0

    NL:
    Dodgers 2
    Cardinals 1

    Phillies 1
    Rockies 1

    Yankees going up against Pavano of all people on Sunday... sure would like to demolish his ***. Hope the Sox can extend the series a couple of more games to tire out whoever wins it.

  11. #11
    All-Interweb
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    17,411

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    yanks!!!!!

    teixneira!!!!
    YNWA. Boomer Sooner. Thunder Up. Protect The Tradition.

  12. #12
    All-Universe tayb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,255

    Default Re: Hunt for October

    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    yanks!!!!!

    teixneira!!!!
    I wholeheartedly believe that if Tex hadn't hit that bomb Arod would have. Guy is ******* ON FIRE.

    And what the hell happened to the Sox offense? Only mustered 1 run so far through two games and Lackey/Weaver aren't exactly "ace" pitchers. Great to see them lose but I'd rather that series go five and get a lot of bullpen use.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •