Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: College Park Vs. The Woodlands

All-District

Default College Park Vs. The Woodlands

Who wins! I think this will be a great game and I will drive up to see it

Default Re: College Park Vs. The Woodlands

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Cougar View Post
    The Woods takes it, i think with the offense that the Woodlands brings to the table, they will easily roll over the Cavs, but if we want to win big, the Highlander Defense is going to need to show up like they did for Kingwood. gunna be a good one, hope to see a sell out at the Bank
    GO Highlanders!!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Cougar View Post
    You may want to get your ticket before you make your travel plans. Last year's game completely sold out. The ticket offices at Woodforest did not even open on gameday.

They'll probably bring in a lot of extra bleachers.

Also, there is another game thread already floating around.

I think it will be a good game for awhile but I see the Woodlands taking it. Cross town rivalry and all, I think Woodz is the team to beat in the D1 in the greater Houston area. (I know they are in R2). I don't really see anyone beating the Woodz in this area until and if they face North Shore and then it will be a really good game. IMO

Can't believe I said anything nice about Woodz...
    Donít pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, heíll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    I think it will be a good game for awhile but I see the Woodlands taking it. Cross town rivalry and all, I think Woodz is the team to beat in the D1 in the greater Houston area. (I know they are in R2). I don't really see anyone beating the Woodz in this area until and if they face North Shore and then it will be a really good game. IMO

very nice
    GO Highlanders!!

Quote Originally Posted by TWHS10 View Post
    The Woods takes it, i think with the offense that the Woodlands brings to the table, they will easily roll over the Cavs, but if we want to win big, the Highlander Defense is going to need to show up like they did for Kingwood. gunna be a good one, hope to see a sell out at the Bank
    Gonna be one of those Al Michaels 'do you believe in miracles' endings if Cavs manage to pull the upset?

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Gonna be one of those Al Michaels 'do you believe in miracles' endings if Cavs manage to pull the upset?
    yes. it would most definitely be like that haha
    GO Highlanders!!

...and this Cinco Ranch fan will be pulling for you, to do just that!!

Good luck, College Park. You have at least one fan on the west side.

Quote Originally Posted by Forward Pass View Post
    ...and this Cinco Ranch fan will be pulling for you, to do just that!!

Good luck, College Park. You have at least one fan on the west side.
    Why?

A) Because you played them and won so they get your sympathy vote.
    B) Because you always root for the underdog.
    C) Because you hate TWHS for beating a Katy team 2 years in a row.
    D) All of the above.
    Highlander Football

Disclaimer: This message is the opinion of the poster. It should not be considered the opinion the players, team, coaches, school, parents, or community that the poster supports.
    Copyright © 2007-2010, teXan Bloggers Association (TBA), All rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by teXan View Post
    Why?

A) Because you played them and won so they get your sympathy vote.
    B) Because you always root for the underdog.
    C) Because you hate TWHS for beating a Katy team 2 years in a row.
    D) All of the above.
    I've met FP before. He's a big Taylor Parsons fan. I imagine that has a lot to do with it. I don't think option C comes into play since Katy is their natural rival.

I've met FP before. He's a big Taylor Parsons fan. I imagine that has a lot to do with it. I don't think option C comes into play since Katy is their natural rival.
    I read in another thread that KISD teams support other KISD teams when not playing each other. Nothing wrong with that but it makes option C a valid option.
    Highlander Football

Disclaimer: This message is the opinion of the poster. It should not be considered the opinion the players, team, coaches, school, parents, or community that the poster supports.

Quote Originally Posted by teXan View Post
    I read in another thread that KISD teams support other KISD teams when not playing each other. Nothing wrong with that but it makes option C a valid option.
    Well that's what they try and tell us. But I have a feeling The Cinco people (not necessarily the ones on this board) take some measure of glee whenever the Tigers get taken down. Just a guess though.

I think this will be a Great game. both school playing very well. sad that CP lost to cinco but hey it was a great game. i think college park will upset woods in three ways.

1. Woods wont take us as a real team to play and come with half the energy they would normally.
    2. homecoming
    3. Cp has the talent to do it, they've been passing the ball alot more, Parsons is back to normal and running better. All the RB's are on fire!
    Woods back field will get tired quick..
    College Park Cavaliers Enf said...

I like what insder said.

YES The woods beat katy and yes they have really great talent but i think after watching the woods play not so good teams the past two weeks and the bye week that back field will be a little slow and not ready to stop a kid like parsons and his new and growing passing game.

Here are the Keys to the game for CP and TWHS
    FOR CP: 1. keep lasco cold and that QB under pressure.
    2. CP's Back field is good but gave up the big plays at the end of the cinco game. Stay on your man and stay in man D. Cover 2, and QB spy, Keep a man on lasco.
    3. Dont let the loss to cinco keep them down, and put that thought "we are going to lose because woods is ranked in state" out of thier minds. i Talked to a JV/ V player today and he said with out thinking we were going to lose. (not good)
    4. keep the people around you in a + mood and believe that CP will win, keep energy high.
    5. the O needs to come out firing and OPEN THE PLAY BOOK. like we did Vs cinco get out and score fast and early that wil get woods mad and loss of Focus.
    Keys for the woods
    1.Im not going to tell you what is weak about us
    ďAbility is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.Ē

GO Cavaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier-insider View Post
    I think this will be a Great game. both school playing very well. sad that CP lost to cinco but hey it was a great game. i think college park will upset woods in three ways.

1. Woods wont take us as a real team to play and come with half the energy they would normally.
    2. homecoming
    3. Cp has the talent to do it, they've been passing the ball alot more, Parsons is back to normal and running better. All the RB's are on fire!
    Woods back field will get tired quick..
    Your #1 is just plain silly. Even if TW didn't take CP as a real team, the fact that it's CP means you get 110% on both sides of the ball until the final whistle.

For #3, do you mean the TW RB's will get tired? Which ones: Lasco (9.98 YPC) or Taylor (8.50 YPC) or LaPlant (7.00 YPC) or Woodyard (3.77 YPC)

Maybe you mean the receivers: Knust (32.00 YPR) or Felton (26.00 YPR) or Webb (16.00 YPR) or Falavine (11.14 YPR) or Rizzuti (10.00 YPR) or Wilcher (7.67 YPR)

Maybe it's our QB's who can't keep up the passing pace: Eckel (67.21%) or Schneider (76.92%)

Of course, you might have meant the other side of the ball: Bouthilet (9.75 TPG) or Skaufel (8.25 TPG) or Burnett (7.5 TPG) or Cooper (7.00 TPG) or Clapsaddle (5.00 TPG)

I guess I'm confused about who's going to get tired with the depth TW has. According to the charts, TW has about 30 more players than CP. That's quite enough depth to sub their way out of being tired.
    Highlander Football

Quote Originally Posted by CPTRANIER09 View Post
    I like what insder said.

YES The woods beat katy and yes they have really great talent but i think after watching the woods play not so good teams the past two weeks and the bye week that back field will be a little slow and not ready to stop a kid like parsons and his new and growing passing game.

Here are the Keys to the game for CP and TWHS
    FOR CP: 1. keep lasco cold and that QB under pressure.
    2. CP's Back field is good but gave up the big plays at the end of the cinco game. Stay on your man and stay in man D. Cover 2, and QB spy, Keep a man on lasco.
    3. Dont let the loss to cinco keep them down, and put that thought "we are going to lose because woods is ranked in state" out of thier minds. i Talked to a JV/ V player today and he said with out thinking we were going to lose. (not good)
    4. keep the people around you in a + mood and believe that CP will win, keep energy high.
    5. the O needs to come out firing and OPEN THE PLAY BOOK. like we did Vs cinco get out and score fast and early that wil get woods mad and loss of Focus.
    Keys for the woods
    1.Im not going to tell you what is weak about us
    Katy tried the whole score fast and early method. Heck, they even tried the score late method to go ahead of TW. Neither method worked.
    Highlander Football

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

This game will be a lot closer than some think. Woodlands by 21 or so.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

Fatigue won't be a factor. For either team.

The key is the College Park Offensive Line. We have to have the ball. A lot

Offensively TWHS will bring a lot more to the table than Cinco. That's a given. In fact, barring turnovers or mishaps by the kickoff return team, I expect them to score on every possession. Cinco did too in the 2nd half. Had we kept our composure, we could have kept up in the 4th quarter and secured the lead. Turnovers and poor play calling kills. We'll fix that.

Defensively however, I'm guessing they will have a lot more to deal with than they had to with Kingwood and even Clear Lake. While our D will have their work cut out with Lasco, Eckel, Lindsey, Sibal and Knust, the TWHS D will have to deal with Parsons, Osborne, Dickerson, Mallott and Solano. If they can keep our offense to under 14, then TWHS are just too good on both sides of the ball. I'll be the first to congratulate them on the blowout win.

Nobody's rolling over in this game though. Both teams will go into this game expecting a win.

Doubt blowout happens here.

Like Fleeman, I think 15-21 points, but who knows?...turnovers will be big part of the final score IMO.

I watched some CP film, love watching their offense...and adding a passing dimension is another huge plus. Expert ball-handling required of this offense is tantamount to its success...Parson's making quick decisions is the key. With good pressure from LB's and DEnds the time to make those decisions is diminished, which makes the pass a great potential equalizer for this O.

I think CP is a quality team, they will be emotionally ready, they know they can beat TW if they play a very near perfect game...can they do that? We'll find out on 10/9.

For TW it's also a given they will be ready. They have an off week to prepare and heal...but there are distractions with homecoming.

Hopefully both teams will escape the virus bug (get healthy Chad) and have the full complement of players to make this what it should be...a very good and exciting Texas 5A matchup between two good schools with good fan support in a state of the art venue.
    "The Wood ...Should Have & MIGHT"
    - Go Highlanders! -

What's under the skirt?
    The Big HURT!

Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post

Thanks for that coug...but don't forget Lufkin at Abe...gonna be a dog, er, wolf fight. And I know they are not a GH team, but a district foe nonetheless.
    "The Wood ...Should Have & MIGHT"
    - Go Highlanders! -

What's under the skirt?
    The Big HURT!