Thread: 26-5A Keeping Up!!!

Banned

Default 26-5A Keeping Up!!!

Okay, as I suspected, New Braunfels is just that good! I feel confident after their 28-13 win over Smithson Valley that they are the 2nd best team in 26-5A as I predicted after their 21-13 loss to SA MAdison and will very likely finish 9-1 this season in 2nd place to SA Madison who should go undefeated at 9-0. No knock on SA Roosevelt because I think you guys will notch the #3 spot in district 26-5A and the battle will be between Smithson Valley, Reagan and YES, Johnson for that #4 spot w/ the edge to SV.

I also feel confident in again reiterating that New Braunfels will be a dominate force in the 5A Division 2 playoffs... they will likely make it to the state semi-final round!

If anyone is still shocked that the AP sports writers have SA Madison ranked #2 in the state and are trying to figure out where their legitimate weakness is... that would be on the kick-off team and coverage. Traditionally Madison is exceptionally strong in the special teams department but this year no one seems to have a leg that can put the ball anywhere close to the endzone, so opponents will start off w/ good field position nearly everytime out of the box. Tonight they gave up an 88 yard TD return to Johnson. Why does that raise eyebrows..? that is only the 4th time in the last 20 years that an SA Madison team has allowed a return on kick-off coverage for 6 points. In fact, their ratio is off the charts in this department for kick-off returns for TD's vs. kick-offs allowed for TD's. Probably in the 50 something to 4 ratio. So that is where you SA Madison non-believers and haters have to harp on... a faulty kick-off game. Aside from that the defense only gave up 3 points tonight from a pretty good Johnson offense that scored 63 quick first half points against a very inferior Laredo Cigarroa offense two-weeks ago. For maybe the first time ever, the SA Madison defense is a legitimate top five defense in the state to go along w/ a top five offense. That together spells S-C-A-R-Y for anyone who cares.

All-World

Default Re: 26-5A Keeping Up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Okay, as I suspected, New Braunfels is just that good! I feel confident after their 28-13 win over Smithson Valley that they are the 2nd best team in 26-5A as I predicted after their 21-13 loss to SA MAdison and will very likely finish 9-1 this season in 2nd place to SA Madison who should go undefeated at 9-0. No knock on SA Roosevelt because I think you guys will notch the #3 spot in district 26-5A and the battle will be between Smithson Valley, Reagan and YES, Johnson for that #4 spot w/ the edge to SV.

I also feel confident in again reiterating that New Braunfels will be a dominate force in the 5A Division 2 playoffs... they will likely make it to the state semi-final round!

If anyone is still shocked that the AP sports writers have SA Madison ranked #2 in the state and are trying to figure out where their legitimate weakness is... that would be on the kick-off team and coverage. Traditionally Madison is exceptionally strong in the special teams department but this year no one seems to have a leg that can put the ball anywhere close to the endzone, so opponents will start off w/ good field position nearly everytime out of the box. Tonight they gave up an 88 yard TD return to Johnson. Why does that raise eyebrows..? that is only the 4th time in the last 20 years that an SA Madison team has allowed a return on kick-off coverage for 6 points. In fact, their ratio is off the charts in this department for kick-off returns for TD's vs. kick-offs allowed for TD's. Probably in the 50 something to 4 ratio. So that is where you SA Madison non-believers and haters have to harp on... a faulty kick-off game. Aside from that the defense only gave up 3 points tonight from a pretty good Johnson offense that scored 63 quick first half points against a very inferior Laredo Cigarroa offense two-weeks ago. For maybe the first time ever, the SA Madison defense is a legitimate top five defense in the state to go along w/ a top five offense. That together spells S-C-A-R-Y for anyone who cares.

I wouldn't put that 9-1 in the books just yet. You still have to come to our house.

All-State

It's early for me on Sat morning, and I think I hear a rooster crowing... no wait, that's coming from NB!! Anytime anyone beats SV it's a rarity, celebrate while you can, there'll be a rematch coming if you make it that far.
    Regarding the Mav's "weakness" on kickoff coverage... that reverse Johnson did was designed by the YODA of reverses = Ron Rittiman, and executed perfectly. I think it will take more than that to beat the Mav's defense this season. The Mav's regular offense is suspect at this point in the season, but there are enough "special players" scoring to beat most teams ala 96 yd punt return by Askew.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

One nice win over SV and this guy has NB going 9-1 and headed to the state semi's. Let's see, you have 6 more weeks to get to that 9-1 and 4 playoff games to win to get to the state semi's. So NB is going to run off 10 wins in a row? I'm guessing TR may have something to say about that.

Thomas Jefferson said:

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

All-American

First of all I have seen Madison play this year and Madison would not be able to beat any of the top 10 teams in the AP poll, Madison is way overrated and I see Roosevelt winning district 265A this year. Teams like southlake carroll, Allen, Cedar Hill, E.T., Katy, RR Stoney Point, North Shore, FB Hightower, Coppell, and several others that would beat any team in the san antonio area this year. Your right region 4 champ will be out of the S.A. area but thats where it will end. Semifinals will be there last week. As we will see again this year, Hope I'm wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by wizenbud View Post
    I wouldn't put that 9-1 in the books just yet. You still have to come to our house.

I don't think Churchill will be any walk in the park either!

but NB is definitely in the mix...if NB can remain undefeated, the TR v. NB match could be a heavy-weight knockout!

You could have posted this in the 26-5a thread. All you did was add Keeping Up at the end of the subject.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    First of all I have seen Madison play this year and Madison would not be able to beat any of the top 10 teams in the AP poll, Madison is way overrated and I see Roosevelt winning district 265A this year. Teams like southlake carroll, Allen, Cedar Hill, E.T., Katy, RR Stoney Point, North Shore, FB Hightower, Coppell, and several others that would beat any team in the san antonio area this year. Your right region 4 champ will be out of the S.A. area but thats where it will end. Semifinals will be there last week. As we will see again this year, Hope I'm wrong....
    This post comes from a bitter Judson Rocket fan who hates on anything that is not Rocket material..by the way how is Judson Rockets doing this year?????

Scout Teamer

thats right yall still gota come
    to our house ;]