Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-5A Week 1

Thumbs up 6-5A Week 1

Flower Mound hosts Keller Fossil Ridge FM win
    Hebron hosts Mesquite Hebron win
    Lewisville @ Garland Naaman Forest ? Marcus hosts Plano West Marcus win
    SLC @ Arlington SLC win
    Coppell @ Dallas Jesuit Coppell win

The only reason I put a question mark on LewisvilleI don't know anything about Garland Naaman. I think Leisville is off to a great start and know they can do it.

Could we sweep again????
    Last edited by JagFan; 08-30-2009 at 07:11 AM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoppellCowboy57's Avatar

Default Re: 6-5A Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by JagFan View Post
    Flower Mound hosts Keller Fossil Ridge FM win
    Hebron hosts Mesquite Hebron win
    Lewisville @ Garland Naaman Forest ? Marcus hosts Plano West Marcus win
    SLC @ Arlington SLC win
    Coppell @ Dallas Jesuit Coppell win

The only reason I put a question mark on LewisvilleI don't know anything about Garland Naaman. I think Leisville is off to a great start and know they can do it.

Could we sweep again????
    Hebron wins + 7 I think it'll be close
    Lewisville wins + 10
    Flower Mound wins + 10
    Marcus loses -3
    Southlake wins +21
    Coppell wins +14

Calling first loss in 6-5a Marcus
    The Coppell Cowboys

BACK TO BACK 5-5A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS 2012/2013

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005
    3rd Battalion 1st Marines The Balls of The Corps 2005 - 2009

Flower Mound wins big over FR.
    Hebron beats Mesquite by 10.
    SLC beats Arlington by 21+, but Arlington hangs for a half.
    Coppell rolls over Jesuit.
    Marcus takes down PW by 14.
    Lewisville wins by 7 over GNF.

Not a lot known about Naaman with their new coach and all. Looking at their stats from their game against Whitehouse (who is that? ), their offense, while being a very strong rushing attack, is one dimensional, and their defense is vulnerable to the pass. That match up works in our favor, as we defend the run well and love to throw the ball on offense. I know we'll probably be underdogs, but if we come out playing hard and pick up where we left off in the second half of the GP game, I know we can pull out a surprise win.
    Lewisville High School Class of 2010
    University of Texas Class of 2014

Starter

coppell lose by 6
    all other 6-5a win

Congrats to all 6-5A teams on their sweep in Week 0.

I think the toughest games next week for Dist. 6-5A will be the FM vs. KFR game and the Lewisville vs. Garland Naaman Forest game.

I think that all of our Dist. 6-5A teams will win next week and I call for another sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerFootballPlayer View Post
    Flower Mound wins big over FR.
    Hebron beats Mesquite by 10.
    SLC beats Arlington by 21+, but Arlington hangs for a half.
    Coppell rolls over Jesuit.
    Marcus takes down PW by 14.
    Lewisville wins by 7 over GNF.

Not a lot known about Naaman with their new coach and all. Looking at their stats from their game against Whitehouse (who is that? ), their offense, while being a very strong rushing attack, is one dimensional, and their defense is vulnerable to the pass. That match up works in our favor, as we defend the run well and love to throw the ball on offense. I know we'll probably be underdogs, but if we come out playing hard and pick up where we left off in the second half of the GP game, I know we can pull out a surprise win.
    I think Whitehouse might be a Collin County 3A team.

Quote Originally Posted by CoppellCowboy57 View Post
    Lewisville wins + 10
    Flower Mound wins + 10
    Marcus loses -3
    Southlake wins +21
    Coppell wins +14

if you were class of 2005 what was the score your senior year vs. SLC? when i was a senior i know the score was SLC 55 CHS- 3, so that's all that matters is the year you played, not last year or the first year ever. so your signature doesn't matter
    '88,'92,'93,'02,'04,'05,'06,'11
    Pride is Making History....
    "GET IT"- C.S.R.I.P.

"The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch"

Lewisville wins + 10
    Flower Mound wins + 10
    Marcus loses -3
    Southlake wins +21
    Coppell wins +14

WOW...Um bro I love ya, but NO WAY Marcus drops a game to P West. No WAY, NO HOW. At home , no less.

I believe Hebron is alot better than a 7 point win vs the Skeeters also. At home, come on bro.

Dont be so sure about Lewisville going into the Rangers house and getting a win, let alone a 10 point win.

The others look decent, but I think FM is shaky right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2009 5ATF College Football Top Gun Champion
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all
    Walt Disney Company

Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    WOW...Um bro I love ya, but NO WAY Marcus drops a game to P West. No WAY, NO HOW. At home , no less.

I believe Hebron is alot better than a 7 point win vs the Skeeters also. At home, come on bro.

Dont be so sure about Lewisville going into the Rangers house and getting a win, let alone a 10 point win.

FM is shaky right now. As stated in other posts we have a new defensive scheme and and only 2 returning starters. Our D line had never played in a varsity game before last Friday night. On offense new QB and WR's are getting settled in. I was very encouraged against Plano East that they did not back down and came out in the 2nd half with some attitude. All areas of play intensified . If we can continue to build on the 2nd half of the Plano East game we will continue to develop and will make some noise.

This team has a lot of character and they are holding each other accountable. This group of young men are very tight and I look for them to continue to grow.

FM is shaky right now. As stated in other posts we have a new defensive scheme and and only 2 returning starters. Our D line had never played in a varsity game before last Friday night. On offense new QB and WR's are getting settled in. I was very encouraged against Plano East that they did not back down and came out in the 2nd half with some attitude. All areas of play intensified . If we can continue to build on the 2nd half of the Plano East game we will continue to develop and will make some noise.

This team has a lot of character and they are holding each other accountable. This group of young men are very tight and I look for them to continue to grow.

The Mound will be fine. They'll get it figured out and by seasons end, should be a very good team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

All-State

Lewisville wins + 10
    Flower Mound wins + 10
    Marcus loses -3
    Southlake wins +21
    Coppell wins +14

Hebron wins by 7??? Mesquite lost 31-14 to Lake Highlands who was ranked 21st by this site. In my opinion, I think Hebron has proven they are better than their 18th ranking, spanking #11 Wylie. First home game of the season, looking to make a statement as they did at Wylie.

My take is, Hebron has the subs in all 4th quarter and wins this walking away. +21

Lewisville wins by 1 as does FM

Marcus owns by a minimum of 14...Hopkins runs wild

SLC by 28 because the are SLC and they NEVER run up the score....

I agree with the Coppell spread....14

If everyone does their part we could go for another undefeated week.

The Mound will be fine. They'll get it figured out and by seasons end, should be a very good team.
    Yes they will be fine. It is both tough and exciting to watch the growing pains.

The RB will be good as well. Returning starter Junior Hunter Lee and his back up is sophmore Conner Ashley. Ashley had some good runs and some great returns on kickoff and punt. They will be a force this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFanSLC View Post
    if you were class of 2005 what was the score your senior year vs. SLC? when i was a senior i know the score was SLC 55 CHS- 3, so that's all that matters is the year you played, not last year or the first year ever. so your signature doesn't matter
    Obviously it does or else you wouldnt have said anything about it...70-21 my senior year, and it was noted on ESPN, and it was the week before SLC became the #1 team in the nation. I'm just saying.
    The Coppell Cowboys

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005

Yes they will be fine. It is both tough and exciting to watch the growing pains.

The RB will be good as well. Returning starter Junior Hunter Lee and his back up is sophmore Conner Ashley. Ashley had some good runs and some great returns on kickoff and punt. They will be a force this year.

Conner Ashley huh?....So that is Collin's brother I guess? If so he has some great pedigree then. Hunter lee is definaetly a very good player. It seems tough for them right now, but thats why they have the pre-season games, to get all the kinks worked out by district time. Coach Vanderford will get them playing good tough football, I have no doubt about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Quote Originally Posted by texan_75010 View Post
    Hebron wins by 7??? Mesquite lost 31-14 to Lake Highlands who was ranked 21st by this site. In my opinion, I think Hebron has proven they are better than their 18th ranking, spanking #11 Wylie. First home game of the season, looking to make a statement as they did at Wylie.

My take is, Hebron has the subs in all 4th quarter and wins this walking away. +21

Lewisville wins by 1 as does FM

Marcus owns by a minimum of 14...Hopkins runs wild

SLC by 28 because the are SLC and they NEVER run up the score....

I agree with the Coppell spread....14

If everyone does their part we could go for another undefeated week.
    I'll take a win of any type over Mesquite as long as we don't get banged up and continue to jell. The Hawks were very impressive over Wylie.

Hey I was pretty close last week, here is my reasoning (sorry just got my internet back up I was using an iPhone all weekend)

Didnt Hebron have a close game with the skeets last year? Correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm calling a Hebron win +7 not -7 they could score more but im betting on the close side.

I got a good feeling about the Farmers this year I'm calling a great game this weekend on the road.

FM might be shakey right now but there better then Fossile Ridge, hell I might even take Pascal over Fossile Ridge.

Marcus is my upset of the week, I love Marcus to death, but I'm going with a gut feeling this week as my Upset of the week.

I agree with Farmer Arlington may hang around for the half, but Southlake will dominate in the second half of the game.

Who ever said that Jesuit would beat Coppell is mental, Sirously...more to come on that when I write the pregame report.
    The Coppell Cowboys

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005

All-District

Hebron seems to be better than orginally projected. I thought they might struggle early in the season.

Coppell defense looked better but I am not sure if that was because of good play or a horrible South Garland team. I think we lack speed on defense overall. Offense was good but we do not have a deep threat like last year. Our Qb did a really good job Friday night.

This could be Marcus big year. It looks like they are stacked at RB.

Conner Ashley huh?....So that is Collin's brother I guess? If so he has some great pedigree then. Hunter lee is definaetly a very good player. It seems tough for them right now, but thats why they have the pre-season games, to get all the kinks worked out by district time. Coach Vanderford will get them playing good tough football, I have no doubt about that.
    Yes he is Collin's little brother. He is a little shorter and stockier than Collin, difference in RB and WR. But they have the same killer instincts

I don't know what Coach Vanderford said during half time last Friday but he needs to keep saying it.

Hey I was pretty close last week, here is my reasoning (sorry just got my internet back up I was using an iPhone all weekend)

Didnt Hebron have a close game with the skeets last year? Correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm calling a Hebron win +7 not -7 they could score more but im betting on the close side.

I got a good feeling about the Farmers this year I'm calling a great game this weekend on the road.

FM might be shakey right now but there better then Fossile Ridge, hell I might even take Pascal over Fossile Ridge.

Marcus is my upset of the week, I love Marcus to death, but I'm going with a gut feeling this week as my Upset of the week.

I agree with Farmer Arlington may hang around for the half, but Southlake will dominate in the second half of the game.

Who ever said that Jesuit would beat Coppell is mental, Sirously...more to come on that when I write the pregame report.
    Hebron lost their first three games last year to Wylie, Mesquite and Plano, in that order.

Wylie and Plano were home games last year, this year we are away.

Quote Originally Posted by HebronHawk View Post
    Hebron lost their first three games last year to Wylie, Mesquite and Plano, in that order.

Wylie and Plano were home games last year, this year we are away.
    well see im right for calling a close game...thanks SLC er
    The Coppell Cowboys

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005