View Poll Results: Will Allen go DI or DII in 2009?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allen will go DI

37 71.15%
  • Allen will go DII

10 19.23%
  • Allen won't make the playoffs

5 9.62%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will Allen go DI or DII in 2009?

Default Re: Will Allen go DI or DII in 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by ALLENFANDINGO5 View Post
    Id like to see Allen play SLC not because of a chance at revenge or that I think Allen would win. But that these are two good teams and would be touted as a big game thusly a measuring stick for both programs. For SLC because some (not ME) have said there has been a fall off in success and for Allen to see if they are actually worthy of being in the same class as the Elite programs in the state. For some on this board no matter if Allen wins another title, without beating SLC we will not reach that elite status.

I agree to a point and bear in mind that we all usually base high school talent level on how many make it to college, but that isnt always the best way because players end up leaving college or not playing or whatever. So to me thats not a great basis for judging high school players. Just as the NFL is not the best way to judge college players. there are a great many standout players at the high school level that dont do the same in college and a far greater many that do great in college and it doesn't translate to the NFL or they dont even get there.

As far as measuring Allens team against Carroll's....I myself would want them at their absolute best in order to measure my team against theirs...not take the approach that "hey, Carroll isn't what they were or they had a drop off in talent, so I'd love to play them".

And as far as Allen as titles are concerned and whether or not you went through Carroll in the playoffs to get it or didn't is off no concern at all. Dont get me wrong, a great many of people would love to see that be the case, but Allen has nothing to prove and in my book are among the eilte already, as the title vaulted them there, because they were always a very good program and I never thought any different. the difference now is they are among the great programs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2009 5ATF College Football Top Gun Champion
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all
    Walt Disney Company

Quote Originally Posted by ftballin11 View Post
    Maybe it's the same talent, but not getting coached up the same.

Maybe its the same talent, but several have fallen to injury and in a few cases season ending injury.

make no mistake and I have said it on this board before...Hal is not Todd...Todd was a master at his trade, but Hal is certainly a very good coach. He would have seemed like a genius if RD and KP had not gotten hurt. You can bank on that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by SLC View Post
    Maybe its the same talent, but several have fallen to injury and in a few cases season ending injury.

make no mistake and I have said it on this board before...Hal is not Todd...Todd was a master at his trade, but Hal is certainly a very good coach. He would have seemed like a genius if RD and KP had not gotten hurt. You can bank on that!

Here we go again! If our #1 RB ( Shannon Moore) wasn't in street clothes in 06 you guys have 1 less state championship. We sorely missed the #1 rusher in the metroplex. You can bank on that!HAKAA!

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer drgnbkr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Here we go again! If our #1 RB ( Shannon Moore) wasn't in street clothes in 06 you guys have 1 less state championship. We sorely missed the #1 rusher in the metroplex. You can bank on that!HAKAA!
    Farmer alert!
    "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."

Moore, while very good, wouldn't have had near the impact that 2 all state QB's (1 there and 1 headed for it) did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Mr. Phelps..........the thread you have just seen will be obliterated in five seconds.
    Describes a grand synthesis of a long series of changes in the assembly and composition of energy, matter, and life .

Reserve

Moore, while very good, wouldn't have had near the impact that 2 all state QB's (1 there and 1 headed for it) did.

When you miss over 200yds a game ( rushing and receiving) you can't tell me he wasn't missed. Yaw needed the major Lineweaver fake to win by one point. Your kids with their tongues hanging out would have really been in bad shape if they had to chase Shannon for 4 qutrs. If Shannon was in the game your all stater would not have mattered. Yaw won, we didn't have him, and this was 3 years ago.HAKAAAA!

When you miss over 200yds a game ( rushing and receiving) you can't tell me he wasn't missed. Yaw needed the major Lineweaver fake to win by one point. Your kids with their tongues hanging out would have really been in bad shape if they had to chase Shannon for 4 qutrs. If Shannon was in the game your all stater would not have mattered. Yaw won, we didn't have him, and this was 3 years ago.HAKAAAA!
    He was certainly a difference-maker, and with two back like that in the backfield it would have been a wild day. Can never know the result though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeman93 View Post
    Allen will not win state this year, regardless of division.
    Fleeman what are you saying? Wash your mouth....er....fingers with soap and never say such a thing again. Blasphamy!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer".
    -- Douglas Adams

The kids were tired at the end regardless of who was on the field and that was the case for both , the Trinity players and the Dragon players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Having a hard time with who beating Carroll?....WHO?...Ummm Carroll has beat the living crap out of Allen for years and Allen was certainly talented in those matchups...maybe not as talented as Carroll, but talented none the less. I'd love to see Carroll and Allen play this season, cause Carroll has PLENTY of talent to beat the newly crowned state champs. And talent hasn't fallen off at Carroll...Talent has however gotten injured, which is part of the game, but they are talented enough to go undefeated this season, regardless of division.

You are absolutely right Injuries are part of the game so why bother mentioning it, well unless you missed our session with farmerfan on the subject.

I need you guys to follow the flow of the thread closer. drgnbkr and I had a fun little sparing about the potential for a Allen vs SLC game and you missed the fun by going all Plano on me.

I am glad to hear that Southlake Carroll's talent has not fallen off. Time will tell though for all of our teams. Good Luck on that undefeated thing!

~
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

Vince Lombardi

PCC
    2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

James 1:2-3
    Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdragonfan View Post
    Southlake Carroll Obsession noted.
    Why don't you start the thread, you are the one most interested. Allen has a fine team, and you should be proud of your boys. I guess winning a state championship isn't enough though? Have a need to meet some Dragons on the field of battle?

Now that you are an expert on the talent level at our school and the kids coming up, I'd like you to predict our season. And, let me remind you:

2003 - Allen 21, SLC 37
    2004 - Allen 14, SLC 52
    2005 - Allen 15, SLC 45
    2006 - Allen 0, SLC 38

Closest game was 16 points.

I have given credit to Allen, cheered you guys on at the state game, was happy for you to finally get that championship after being denied for so many years, amazed at how you turned the D around. I also understand your wanting to get some payback. But it just amazes me that an Allen fan in an Allen thread brings up SLC and then wants to dis our kids.
    Gaaa, I go away for a couple days on business and you go even more Plano Wildcat Fan on me than SLC. Like I said, follow the flow of the thread and you won't miss out on the more subtle points.

This is all about the future, NOT the past. Not about our state championship, not about games long over. This is about DI vs DII and if we happen to go DII and Carroll likley goes DII many of the fans would like to have that happen including me. I don't want it for revenge because revenge is a very selfish and unsatisfying thing.

I want to see a SLC vs Allen game because I DO expect SLC to have a top talented team!! To be the best you gotta play the best, right?

And next time you want to banter around a bit in a good natured way of course, I welcome it. Just leave the comments about disrespecting the kids out of it. I'd like to think that anyone who knows me would know that is the farthest thing from the truth. I just don't appreciate being thrown under the bus undeservedly.

Cheers,

~
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

Vince Lombardi

PCC
    2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013

James 1:2-3
    Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddydog View Post
    You are absolutely right Injuries are part of the game so why bother mentioning it, well unless you missed our session with farmerfan on the subject.

I need you guys to follow the flow of the thread closer. drgnbkr and I had a fun little sparing about the potential for a Allen vs SLC game and you missed the fun by going all Plano on me.

I am glad to hear that Southlake Carroll's talent has not fallen off. Time will tell though for all of our teams. Good Luck on that undefeated thing!

~

Quote Originally Posted by alleneagle4 View Post
    I respect and completely agree w/ you sir.

I am in no way saying we WILL repeat for sure or anything near that aspect. You have to realize that four of our seasons in a row were ended to Southlake Carroll. To see us beat them even when they're not nearly as talented as they used to be, would be a joy to see for ANY Allen fan IMO.

Also, it would be fun to play Katy obviously because the two past Champs.

I am in no way predicting a repeat, even though they will def. be capable.

One game at a time is all that matters.

Not sure if you are having a hard time with Allen beating Southlake Carroll or with your team not being as talented these days?

OK so as much as it may hurt, in a purely emotional way, I think you guys should start a thread with a poll to get the opinion of the rest of the community on here about SLCs relative talent level.

Beside we don't have nearly enough SLC threads these days...

Poll Options:
    1. Southlake Carroll Dragons are as talented now as they were 3-4 years ago.
    2. Southlake Carroll Dragons are NOT nearly as talented as they were 3-4 years ago.

~

Alleneagle4 brought up the talent level issue and possibly playing and beating us while its supposively down and then you also chimed in with your remark of if we were having a hard time with the talent being down...I then stated that the talent level wasn't down, but it had gotten injured..Thus "injuries" were mentioned just to say that its not a "down talent" issue, but rather some very talented players suffering season ending injuries 2 seasons in a row that has folks thinking its fallen off.

I'll just move on now, but you and Alleneagle4 got it going first....Carry on.
    Last edited by SLC; 07-17-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Gaaa, I go away for a couple days on business and you go even more Plano Wildcat Fan on me than SLC. Like I said, follow the flow of the thread and you won't miss out on the more subtle points.

This is all about the future, NOT the past. Not about our state championship, not about games long over. This is about DI vs DII and if we happen to go DII and Carroll likley goes DII many of the fans would like to have that happen including me. I don't want it for revenge because revenge is a very selfish and unsatisfying thing.

I want to see a SLC vs Allen game because I DO expect SLC to have a top talented team!! To be the best you gotta play the best, right?

And next time you want to banter around a bit in a good natured way of course, I welcome it. Just leave the comments about disrespecting the kids out of it. I'd like to think that anyone who knows me would know that is the farthest thing from the truth. I just don't appreciate being thrown under the bus undeservedly.

Cheers,

~
    Not feeling all that subtle nowadays. I would love to see us play again, for the reason you noted above, Allen is one of if not the top team coming this next season. My pick (and most other's pick) for best in the state last year. Playing them would be great. I am just getting tired of the talk about SLC not being 'all that talented', have heard it from many different posters on here. Our talent the past two years was not at all in question, injuries and perhaps some other issues were.

Our talent shouldn't be questioned this year either. While we may not have a Heisman candidate in the wings (Daniels), or a top 10 NFL potential draft pick (Ulatoski) on the team this year (and then again, we might!), we have plenty of talent to be competitive, and one of the more senior-laden teams in years. If any teams on our schedule think its going to be a cakewalk, they will have another thing coming.

Allendad brought up the talent level issue and possibly playing and beating us while its supposively down and then you also chimed in with your remark of if we were having a hard time with the talent being down...I then stated that the talent level wasn't down, but it had gotten injured..Thus "injuries" were mentioned just to say that its not a "down talent" issue, but rather some very talented players suffering season ending injuries 2 seasons in a row that has folks thinking its fallen off.

I'll just move on now, but you and Allendad got it going first....Carry on.
    SLC,

Could you show me where I posted something about the talent level at Carroll?

I believe you when you say this, but I don't remember writing that.
    I DO remember saying sokmething about your running game last year,
    but that was in response to a jab by someone.

I have no DOUBT that Carroll has the talent they always have. There are
    certain players that are just great individual players, period. I will always rememebr Luna, Chase, McKay, Renfro, Cantu, etc. Those are just players that stand out.

One great season does not a dynasty make.

I realize that MORE than anyone and I go into this season
    in great humility . . . . . . knowing what "chance" can do to
    help create a wonderful season.

I may shoot my "mouth" off a lot in JEST.

I totally respect the Dragon Program and MOST of you guys
    from south 114.

I apologize if I have made my joking seem to be serious disrespect.

NOW . . . . . . . . . .
    about kicking Carroll's butt . . . . .
    When we are all dead and gone, there will be allendad walking up to the Grand Stadium with his cane... People will whisper to each other in reverence - as he slowly shuffles past, "There's allendad, he's a legend!!" -From the keyboard of Bigdaddydog- June2010

"Popularity is not a measuring-stick for truth"

Quote Originally Posted by allendad View Post
    SLC,

Could you show me where I posted something about the talent level at Carroll?

I believe you when you say this, but I don't remember writing that.
    I DO remember saying sokmething about your running game last year,
    but that was in response to a jab by someone.

I have no DOUBT that Carroll has the talent they always have. There are
    certain players that are just great individual players, period. I will always rememebr Luna, Chase, McKay, Renfro, Cantu, etc. Those are just players that stand out.

One great season does not a dynasty make.

I realize that MORE than anyone and I go into this season
    in great humility . . . . . . knowing what "chance" can do to
    help create a wonderful season.

I may shoot my "mouth" off a lot in JEST.

I totally respect the Dragon Program and MOST of you guys
    from south 114.

I apologize if I have made my joking seem to be serious disrespect.

NOW . . . . . . . . . .
    about kicking Carroll's butt . . . . .

My sincere apologies Allendad, it was alleneagle4 that posted that comment.

I will edit the post to reflect that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company