Thread: Dulles SQT

All-State

Default Dulles SQT

Semis
    Clements v Spring
    Cinco v FB Bush

Will Cinco finally get the deal done? FB with 2 chances to get at least 1 qualifier.

Default Re: Dulles SQT

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raider Rick View Post
    Semis
    Clements v Spring
    Cinco v FB Bush

Will Cinco finally get the deal done? FB with 2 chances to get at least 1 qualifier.
    Ill say it again, they were the second best team at terry, they just had match up issue in the semis, the other team was too athletic, but i think cinco would have given katy a better fight in finals...
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerowl06 View Post
    What are trenches? Can't you just count the blue chip players and tell how good a team is?

Pool A- Stratford 48, FB Dulles 20 / Alief Taylor 34, FB Clements 47 / Dulles 40, Taylor 32 / Stratford 20, Clements 12 / Clements 7, Dulles 33 / Stratford 40, Taylor 32 (*Stratford 3-0, *FB Dulles 2-1, FB Clements 1-2, Taylor 0-3)

Pool B- FB Elkins 25, Spring 22 / Alief Hastings 21, Alvin 19 / Elkins 36, Alvin 33 / Spring 40, Hastings 16 / Hastings 40, Elkins 39 / Spring 62, Alvin 26 (Spring 2-1, *FB Elkins 2-1, Alief Hastings 2-1, Alvin 0-3)

Pool C- Katy 33, Atascocita 26 / Cinco Ranch 35, Strake Jesuit 20 / Katy 65, Strake Jesuit 14 / Atascocita 13, Cinco Ranch 27 / Cinco Ranch 21, Katy 18 / Atascocita 18, Strake Jesuit 6 (Cinco Ranch 3-0, *Katy 2-1, Atascocita 1-2, Strake Jesuit 1-2)

Pool D- Langham Creek 34, FB Bush 33 / Rosenberg Terry 32, Houston Chavez 33 / Langham Creek 49, Terry 20 / Bush 19, Chavez 6 / Chavez 26, Langham Creek 21 / Bush 47, Terry 46 (*Langham Creek 2-1, FB Bush 2-1, *Houston Chavez 2-1, Rosenberg Terry 0-3)

Semifinals- Spring 42, FB Clements 6 / FB Bush 34, Cinco Ranch 27
    Last edited by forest99; 06-20-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Wow....add another one to the water tower in Cinco!
    I was told by a close source that Katy actually won 21-18, so who knows.

Said Katy opened up the game by scoring the first 3 TD's.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by clasof2010 View Post
    Ill say it again, they were the second best team at terry, they just had match up issue in the semis, the other team was too athletic, but i think cinco would have given katy a better fight in finals...
    I kindly disagree. Dulles spanked Cinco in the semis. Match-up or not, if you are the second best team, you don't keep spitting the bit as Cinco has this summer. Is it possible some of their pool play success is in part from favorable pool placements?

The final you are referring to was 35-25 Katy. Katy ran out to a big lead at half and Dulles was reeling them in until a gift pick 6 on a miscommunication between WR and QB sealed the deal. (The good news was the WR was wide open on a stop and go, the bad news is the QB threw the stop )

The rivalary aspect of a Cinco v Katy match-up might have made things very competitive (they beat them today), but I also think Cinco 7 on 7 might have been a little oversold this summer. They are good enough to qualify, but for some reason haven't. I have no doubt they will be pretty salty when the pads go on in August.

All-State

Katy beat Cinco 21-18. Katy was up 14-0, then 14-12, then 21-12. Cinco scored late to make it 21-18.

It was a meaningless game, the 3rd game of the a.m. session. Katy had already qualified for state, Cinco had already secured a spot in the semis. The second half of the game was ragged. Players were tired, and it showed.

There was no "hate" in the game. The kids seemed to have fun and were all good sports to one another.

I just posted the scores that the FB Dulles coaching staff put up on the giant board, which were called in by radio from all the fields.

Reserve

So only those teams that hadn't already qualified for State moved into the semi-finals, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpile Bill View Post
    So only those teams that hadn't already qualified for State moved into the semi-finals, is that right?
    Yep. Those who have already qualified play their group games and then go home.