Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Stern FAIL

Administrator

Default David Stern FAIL

Go Magic

Default Re: David Stern FAIL

LeBron off to Nu Yawk or Joyzee (just over the bridge or under the tunnel) ?

I'd say yes.

If he goes to the Knicks, watch the league grandfather in a LA-NY final.
    Last edited by twcpfan1; 05-30-2009 at 10:27 PM.

All-World

The Vacation Destination series..... LA vs Orlando..... Disneyland vs Disney World..... Cali vs Florida..... Howard vs Kobe.... should be fun.

I think The magic are better than people give them credit for, I think this will be an awesome series, both teams have unbelievable players. I expect all the games to be somewhat close coming down the stretch, then you'll have Kobe Bryant and Rashard Lewis who I believe have been the most clutch players in the playoffs, these guys have laid it on the line for their teams more than any other players when they have needed them most, so it'll be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    Go Magic
    Hey, at least we can sleep well now knowing NBA games arent fixed by David Stern. Cuz theres no way in hell he fixed games to get this matchup!
    Hunterbunter
    2008 FAIL CHALLENGE CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by jrock210 View Post
    Oh snap!
    Judson just got hunterbunted!
    Quote Originally Posted by BDB View Post
    i'll cheer for harlingen when they play the hitler high school fightin' bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterbunter View Post
    Hey, at least we can sleep well now knowing NBA games arent fixed by David Stern. Cuz theres no way in hell he fixed games to get this matchup!
    Man when Lebrron got fouled with .5 secs left and Dwight didn't after being tackled by Verajou(?) I thought something was up. Then in the OT they starting calling fouls on the cavs so I thought it was legit.

Or Maybe stern just realized the cavs and their inflated regular season-home record would not help them when they faced the only team in the east this year(the magic) that can compete with the lakers in a 7 game series.
    Last edited by lufkindad; 05-31-2009 at 12:40 AM.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

This doesn't erase the sins of the past, but in this series Stern played it straight up and I'm happy about that.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer stevefoxsc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    LeBron off to Nu Yawk or Joyzee (just over the bridge or under the tunnel) ?

I'd say yes.

If he goes to the Knicks, watch the league grandfather in a LA-NY final.
    i lol'd
    Delivering the 5A news that matters to you!

All-World

Howard will eat Gasol & Odom for lunch. Bynum will need to lift his game for this to be an easy series for LA. LA has an advantage in the backcourt, the bench, & LA has this era's best player. Orlando has a frontline that can hang with LA.... but that's about it. LA in 6... 4-2.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer slorch's Avatar

the two quickies on Chuck Hayes in game 5 in LA totally pissed me off, especially the second one when he no more than farted on the Laker in the lane to get the whistle.

I still think they do it, they just couldn't do it enough to help Cleveland.
    CJK5H

Quote Originally Posted by wizenbud View Post
    Howard will eat Gasol & Odom for lunch. Bynum will need to lift his game for this to be an easy series for LA. LA has an advantage in the backcourt, the bench, & LA has this era's best player. Orlando has a frontline that can hang with LA.... but that's about it. LA in 6... 4-2.
    If they let him play...

I'm a bit fed up with something I have really noticed in this year's POs. They will let the little beotches from LA slap and harass the opponent like Farmar and Vaginavic just totally going "jilted lover" on opposing players without a fould being called, but Howard gets t'ed up for using his elbows to get people off of him.

I don't like it. I think the elbow should be legal if they're going to let opponents get "inside the kitchen." The player with the ball should be able to create some separation while also creating some risk for the defender. In other words, you can go for the steal, but I can defend my personal space.
    CJK5H

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slorch View Post
    the two quickies on Chuck Hayes in game 5 in LA totally pissed me off, especially the second one when he no more than farted on the Laker in the lane to get the whistle.

I still think they do it, they just couldn't do it enough to help Cleveland.
    Your last sentence is the key for me. I think they're getting smart about not making it so obvious. They might make a call here or there, but you still have to do the heavy lifting and do a lot to win it yourself.

I doubt they ever do like 2006 again where they out and out steal Games 3, 5, and 6 for the same team or even like Game 3 where they make 9 bad calls in the last 3 minutes for the winning team.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Favpack's Avatar

Wrong - Stern owns Disney stock - he's outsmarted you.

LeBron got no calls all series long.
    Go Pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Favpack View Post
    Wrong - Stern owns Disney stock - he's outsmarted you.

LeBron got no calls all series long.
    Maybe that's where LBJ was headed in such a hurry last night...DisneyLand
    CJK5H

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Going to have to pull for the Magic in this one. Just can't support a rapist (errrr ALLEGED) and hope Houston's Lewis gets a ring.
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

All-World

If they let him play...

I'm a bit fed up with something I have really noticed in this year's POs. They will let the little beotches from LA slap and harass the opponent like Farmar and Vaginavic just totally going "jilted lover" on opposing players without a fould being called, but Howard gets t'ed up for using his elbows to get people off of him.

I don't like it. I think the elbow should be legal if they're going to let opponents get "inside the kitchen." The player with the ball should be able to create some separation while also creating some risk for the defender. In other words, you can go for the steal, but I can defend my personal space.
    You can use your elbows as long as you don't swing them above the shoulders of the defending player. (Karl Malone rule) Howard was getting T'ed up for raising the elbows during his swing through.

As for the non-foul/foul calls.....
    There isn't one NBA player that thinks that he has EVER commited a foul. (or fan of that team, for that matter) The look of shock when somebody gets a call or doesn't, is priceless.

The only zebra crew I'll even begin to think has tampered with games, in this playoff, is Joey Crawfords crew. Other than that.... there has been missed calls.... but nothing so bad as what happened to the Kings or the Blazers earlier in the decade.

Lonny has done enough beotching for the Mavs... so I leave them out.

You can use your elbows as long as you don't swing them above the shoulders of the defending player. (Karl Malone rule) Howard was getting T'ed up for raising the elbows during his swing through.

As for the non-foul/foul calls.....
    There isn't one NBA player that thinks that he has EVER commited a foul. (or fan of that team, for that matter) The look of shock when somebody gets a call or doesn't, is priceless.

The only zebra crew I'll even begin to think has tampered with games, in this playoff, is Joey Crawfords crew. Other than that.... there has been missed calls.... but nothing so bad as what happened to the Kings or the Blazers earlier in the decade.

Lonny has done enough beotching for the Mavs... so I leave them out.
    I still say if they're going to let the gnats come in a slappin at the ball, the big boys should be able to swing the elbows.

as for the stare downs and complaining after a call, the league really could control that...if they wanted to. that's a big turn-off for me and I feel like they're catering to the wrong element by allowing it to persist.
    Last edited by slorch; 05-31-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    CJK5H

All-World

I still say if they're going to let the gnats come in a slappin at the ball, the big boys should be able to swing the elbows.
    I am with you.... but, you shouldn't be able to swing towards the head of any player. Elbows are weapons. Davis Robinson can attest to that. He got KTFO by Karl Malone... hence the rule. Dwight can get space without swinging high. He can swing while bent and send every player in the NBA flying... without a foul call. And if he keep the ball above his shoulders like he was taught.... the gnats wouldn't be able to slap at the ball. Just a thought.

I am with you.... but, you shouldn't be able to swing towards the head of any player. Elbows are weapons. Davis Robinson can attest to that. He got KTFO by Karl Malone... hence the rule. Dwight can get space without swinging high. He can swing while bent and send every player in the NBA flying... without a foul call. And if he keep the ball above his shoulders like he was taught.... the gnats wouldn't be able to slap at the ball. Just a thought.
    Robinson was just soft

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    robinson was just a champion
    fify
    CJK5H