Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of stadiums...who has the best announcer?

All-American

Default Speaking of stadiums...who has the best announcer?

I've only been going to high school varsity football games for the last 5 years. In that time, I've found that my favorite stadium announcer is whoever it is that calls the game at Victoria Memorial Stadium. The guy really does a phenomenal job of spreading the credit. Offensively, he'll name the guys who made the key blocks along with the ball carrier. Defensively, he names who made the tackles, who applied pressure, etc.

As a teacher, I love it, because I get to hear the names of more of my students than at any other venue. Unfortunately, I've only attended 2 games there (they are not in our district), but I like that announcer.

Who else is good?

Default Re: Speaking of stadiums...who has the best announcer?

for me its just not a homer pick but the Judson annoucer has a great voice and sounds very entusiastic he also announces of course the ball carrier, the d-man who made the tackle and who's deep and all the necessary calls oh and he announces the scores across the area and he makes us laugh a little.... now that the sound system is improved and its not skippin' anymore its awesome to hear him now...ive been to alot of other stadiums but i havent heard one as awesome as he is
    Last edited by rocketgrl94; 04-09-2009 at 07:31 PM.
    There's gon' be some stuff u gon' see that's gon' make it hard to smile in the future. But thru whatever u see, thru all the rain and the pain, gotta keep your sense of humor. You gotta be able 2 smile thru all this bullsh**..Remember that..keep ya head up. 2Pac-Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Yep.....that's wifey material right there....I can't believe you're single

Quote Originally Posted by rocketgrl94 View Post
    for me its just not a homer pick but the Judson annoucer has a great voice and sounds very entusiastic he also announces of course the ball carrier, the d-man who made the tackle and who's deep and all the necessary calls oh and he announces the scores across the area and he makes us laugh a little.... now that the sound system is improved and its not skippin' anymore its awesome to hear him now...ive been to alot of other stadiums but i havent heard one as awesome as he is
    Oh no, no homing or anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroondog View Post
    Oh no, no homing or anything of the sort.
    nooooo its not seriously
    There's gon' be some stuff u gon' see that's gon' make it hard to smile in the future. But thru whatever u see, thru all the rain and the pain, gotta keep your sense of humor. You gotta be able 2 smile thru all this bullsh**..Remember that..keep ya head up. 2Pac-Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by dada View Post
    Yep.....that's wifey material right there....I can't believe you're single

Boss Hawgette

I'm quite fond of Trinity's announcer. He's very clear, well spoken, mild mannered, and professional. My favorite call of his is, "grasping the facemask."

The Southlake announcer is (was) outstanding, and not a homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hawgette View Post
    I'm quite fond of Trinity's announcer. He's very clear, well spoken, mild mannered, and professional. My favorite call of his is, "grasping the facemask."
    Charles Stahl. He has been a good one for over 30 years now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by koldham View Post
    Charles Stahl. He has been a good one for over 30 years now.
    I was going to say him but you all beat me to it.
    He is indeed great.
    I love it when whoever has the ball and he will go
    "Trinity ball 1st and 10 from the 20 yard line, 3rd possesion of the 1st half" or something like that.

I also love the guy who does the games at TX Stadium. He is one of hte very best I have ever heard regardless of the level of sport it is. There is just something about his "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Tx Stadium for todays Class 5A Region 1 Division 1 area championship between the Dragons of Southlake Carroll High School and the Trojans of Trinity High School" he does that for every game and it never fails in giving me chills. He has been calling games there as long as I can remember and I hope like hell he will be calling games at JerryWorld next year

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer odessapermian.com's Avatar

The announcer at Shotwell does a good job.

Worst I've witnessed was at Carrollton when we played RL Turner one year. Every time we were on offense, he would give out scores to other games going on around the area, over and over. Imagine trying to call an audible.

Not Katy. The P.A. system at Rhodes is worthless too. You better buy a program cause it sounds like the broken down speaker at jack in the box.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar

There are lots of excellent announcers around the state and I suspect that each of sort of likes the announcer for his/her team. I know I like Joe for Carroll, but also agree with Farmer's choice as well for the guy at Texas Stadium.

Several years ago, Lake Worth had this announcer who really cracked me up everytime Carroll would go over there. He had this Texas drawl and nicknames for everything. The guy was a genuine delight.

Quote Originally Posted by odessapermian.com View Post
    The announcer at Shotwell does a good job.

Worst I've witnessed was at Carrollton when we played RL Turner one year. Every time we were on offense, he would give out scores to other games going on around the area, over and over. Imagine trying to call an audible.
    seconded. the guy has a unique but powerful voice. very good. does a great job of playing off the emotions and momentum of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Man View Post
    Not Katy. The P.A. system at Rhodes is worthless too. You better buy a program cause it sounds like the broken down speaker at jack in the box.
    Whaaaaat???
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

I've noticed that Katy's announcer even does our playoff games a lot of times. Does anyone else's guy do that?
    2014 Katy Tigers, 13-1

Well I have only paid attention to one and that was the RR Westwood freshman announcer. Dude was a joke machine, he threw 'em out left and right very fun guy.
    Great day to be a Maverick!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    I've noticed that Katy's announcer even does our playoff games a lot of times. Does anyone else's guy do that?
    He was absent a couple of times during the '07 play-offs, cause I remember being called Katy taylor...what an insult, plus we're RED! not blue!

Bill Haskett does a fine job!
    If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you'll achieve the same results.
    Anthony Robbins

a&m consolidated
    "See the brighter side in everything, unless it's losing, because there is no bright side in being a loser"

"If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?"

"There's gonna be some people that love you. There's gonna be a lot of people that hate you. Concentrate on the one's that care about you, and keep steppin'"

Sour Mash Kids

2007, 16-0, the perfect season

Quote Originally Posted by AE 8008 View Post
    seconded. the guy has a unique but powerful voice. very good. does a great job of playing off the emotions and momentum of the game
    "Touchdown, number seventeen, Spens Lackey, to number 15....Keithy Flyyyyyyyyeee."

Who is that guy? I remember he always did get a kick out of saying Keithy's name.

Boss Hawgette

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Man View Post
    LOL, like the Peanuts teacher...wah wah wah wah wah wah wah...

When we played Converse Judson for state in 2005 the announcer called us the Knights when he first came on the PA.

I like any playoff announcer that comes moderately close to getting our Polynesian names correct. I mean seriously how hard is Moeakiola. It sounds just like it's spelled, just pronounce all the vowels and you're good.

Reserve

Charlie probably has the toughest job in the business because of the Tongan last names. He does a great job at not ever destroying their last names. On the road I believe some announcers call our kids by their first names because they don't know how to pronounce them. Good job Charlie! Hakaa!