Thread: How the system of Government works

Default How the system of Government works

Here's how the Gov't works

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; One from Illinois , one from Tennessee , and a third from Kentucky. They all go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, '$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Illinois contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'
    If I knew what I was doing I'd probably be bored.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Firebird's Avatar

Default Re: How the system of Government works

Quote Originally Posted by JMSFan View Post

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.; One from Illinois , one from Tennessee , and a third from Kentucky. They all go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, '$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Illinois contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy from Kentucky to fix the fence.'
    The last time I heard that one it was guys from Shereveport, Lafayette, and New Orleans all bidding to fix the staircase in the Baton Rouge government mansion....

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    The last time I heard that one it was guys from Shereveport, Lafayette, and New Orleans all bidding to fix the staircase in the Baton Rouge government mansion....
    and likely equally applicable.
    the harder i work, the luckier i get to pay more taxes so someone unluckier than me doesn't have to work so hard
    No one needs luck or even best wishes when all are pulling in the same direction
    let's get'r done-cs rip
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse
    But mostly, the Cowboys have become the Kardashians of the NFL - with no discernible talent, famous for being famous

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar

An abbreviated version:

It doesn't.
    FOF

Unfortunately this more truth than joke.
    Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

FOF FOT

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

fmjaguarfootball.com GO JAGS!

government begats corruption
    corruption begats government
    an infinite loop

When his ice cap melts, Al Gore will be the only one who can help us.

Quote Originally Posted by 15Adragon View Post
    government begats corruption
    corruption begats government
    an infinite loop

When his ice cap melts, Al Gore will be the only one who can help us.
    Maybe he will build an ark for all of us.
    If I knew what I was doing I'd probably be bored.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoveMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15Adragon View Post
    When his ice cap melts, we will likely find Al Gore standing where it used to be feeding a big bonfire.....
    fify
    "I get the ball, I throw the ball, and then I take a shower." Mariano Rivera

"I hope it doesn't attack me..." words spoken by RedRage00 upon seeing a small deer in my backyard.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer mad_fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JMSFan View Post

I do that sorta thing...and I'm not bidding of government jobs...
    It's called subcontracting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mong Hu View Post
    It is sublime insights such as this that indeed make the yard the MAD_HOUSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Seriously, though, why do you say the crap you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_phoenix612 View Post
    Why are you so aggressively ignorant?
    Quote Originally Posted by cougmantx View Post
    mad_fan is a puss... mad_fan is soulless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Alum View Post
    That may be the stupidest accusation I've ever seen. That's just plane stupidity on your part, I think you know that.