Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next KISD High School

Default Next KISD High School

...is rumored to possibly be named Katy South High School. I don't like it.

All-District

Default Re: Next KISD High School

Really?? That is a terrible name... and why does the board think we should put "Katy" behind everything?? Katy Taylor, Katy Cinco Ranch.... those of us from the real Katy just say Taylor or Cinco Ranch.

Grand Lakes High School would be 10 x's better
    "See the brighter side in everything, unless it's losing, because there is no bright side in being a loser"

"If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?"

"There's gonna be some people that love you. There's gonna be a lot of people that hate you. Concentrate on the one's that care about you, and keep steppin'"

Sour Mash Kids

2007, 16-0, the perfect season

Quote Originally Posted by TigerAlum02 View Post
    Really?? That is a terrible name... and why does the board think we should put "Katy" behind everything?? Katy Taylor, Katy Cinco Ranch.... those of us from the real Katy just say Taylor or Cinco Ranch.
    Because Katy is trying to be like all the CY schools!
    Back From The Dead!
    Feeling like a three legged border town Mexican dog!

1733 Katy Fort Bend Road, Katy Texas, 77493

Quote Originally Posted by cyfallsbooster2 View Post
    Because Katy is trying to be like all the CY schools!
    Sheesh....I hope not....I wont have anything to do next December.

Just Kidding.

Does anyone know where I can find an outiline of the Katy High School zones??

Why don't they just build a senior high campus and extend Katy High School?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by twcpfan1 View Post
    Why don't they just build a senior high campus and extend Katy High School?
    It seems as though KISD wants every school between 2,000 and 3,000 enrollment. Every school that's climbed over 3,000 has been knocked down a peg.

Katy's enrollment peaked over 3,000 in 2004 until Morton Ranch came online. The same was true for Cinco until Seven Lakes opened. Morton Ranch is the biggest school in KISD currently. Seven Lakes is the second largest.

Katy Fan, here is the link to the information you are after:

http://www.katyisd.org/campuses/default.htm

Enrollment projections:

http://www.katyisd.org/files/communi...rojections.pdf

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer- Original Member RedRage00's Avatar

Because I think it helps people know where the schools are located. I don't see why not since they are all in the KISD.

So what High School would Katy South take a chunk out of??

Thanks for the map KT.

All-State

Exactly how big is the city of Katy, population wise? The ISD must be huge to have 7 or 8 5a high schools. Same with Cypress. Suburban sprawl, I guess. We see that in DFW area also- towns that had 10,000 people 20 years ago, now have 50,000 and an ISD that extends far beyond that. Land that was an empty field or a few farms is now a densely packed housing development.

All-District

It is crazy how big KISD has gotten... when I was growing up it was just Katy, Mayde Creek and Taylor. Cinco came in while I was in High School, though. I laugh because I can honestly look at most of the Katy area and say, "I remember when this was all fields..." like an old man standing on his porch lol. I'm only 25, so it has changed pretty rapidly over the years.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Fan View Post
    So what High School would Katy South take a chunk out of??

Thanks for the map KT.
    It'll take a little from Katy, but it'll mostly curb Seven Lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by elkfbfan View Post
    Exactly how big is the city of Katy, population wise? The ISD must be huge to have 7 or 8 5a high schools. Same with Cypress. Suburban sprawl, I guess. We see that in DFW area also- towns that had 10,000 people 20 years ago, now have 50,000 and an ISD that extends far beyond that. Land that was an empty field or a few farms is now a densely packed housing development.
    Its sprawling alright! Mainly to the NW (CFISD), W (KISD) and SW (FBISD). Heck, the State just completed an overhaul of I-10 for the Katy residents. It now has something like 26 lanes (counting in/out-bound, access roads and HOV's). Lucky people. Wish the State would do that for us Cy-people.
    Back From The Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by KT2000 View Post
    It'll take a little from Katy, but it'll mostly curb Seven Lakes.
    So there will be a re-zone from the map you pointed me to?? When will that happen?? Only reason I ask is because we're looking to buy in June and want to stay in the right zone. Not buy and find out in a year or two that our kids will be going to a different school than we anticipated.

It is crazy how big KISD has gotten... when I was growing up it was just Katy, Mayde Creek and Taylor. Cinco came in while I was in High School, though. I laugh because I can honestly look at most of the Katy area and say, "I remember when this was all fields..." like an old man standing on his porch lol. I'm only 25, so it has changed pretty rapidly over the years.
    HEY! I resemble that remark! I can remember growing up (high school @ Klein) and no one even heard of Katy! And it WAS just all fields! Rice! Those fields made for some wealthy people out there!
    Back From The Dead!

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Its sprawling alright! Mainly to the NW (CFISD), W (KISD) and SW (FBISD). Heck, the State just completed an overhaul of I-10 for the Katy residents. It now has something like 26 lanes (counting in/out-bound, access roads and HOV's). Lucky people. Wish the State would do that for us Cy-people.
    Win a championship or two, have at least one consistent top tier team, and then it might just happen.

I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by elkfbfan View Post
    Katy proper (where KHS is located) is under 20,000, but the "greater Katy area" is estimated over 150,000.

So there will be a re-zone from the map you pointed me to?? When will that happen?? Only reason I ask is because we're looking to buy in June and want to stay in the right zone. Not buy and find out in a year or two that our kids will be going to a different school than we anticipated.
    Evidence of a MOVE-IN!

Back From The Dead!

Administrator

I don't know if there is a map yet, but you might find one on the KISD web site above. I believe it is projected to come online in 2012, but I could be wrong on that. It should be in the next bond vote.

The areas in question for Katy HS vs. the new school would be the neighborhoods down 1463 like Firethorne/Woodcreek. Firethorne will be closer to KHS than the new school, but it'll depend on the zoning. Grayson Lakes is another border neighborhood which is currently aligned to Seven Lakes, but was previously KHS.

Champ drove me over to see the Cross Creek development in Fulshear the other day, and that is impressive. That'll be a monster.
    Last edited by KT2000; 01-02-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Evidence of a MOVE-IN!

Yeah....Im projecting my 2 yr old daughter as the Tigers starting MLB in 14 years. My 7 yr old daughter on the other hand is a girly girl with a good leg. She'll have to settle for kicker.