Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearland in 2009

Default Pearland in 2009

This will probably be one of the sketchiest Pearland teams i have seen in years because they are loosing like i think 76 seniors...well u tell me how its gonna go.
    State 08 GO PEARLAND!!!

All-American

Default Re: Pearland in 2009

Pearland is losing 70+ seniors, but does have talent in the soph, and junior class. JV I think was 9-1, and had lots of Juniors and Sophs pulled up during the Varsity season. Next yr they will have a Jr. runningback, Jr QB, O Line should be ok. On defense, they have a very good linebacker returning, and the D- line has several players that saw playing time return. JV kicker that has a really nice leg will be a Jr I think. Should be very competitive in district but maybe a yr away of going as for as this 08 team. Maybe will have some transfers move in also.

I think it should be a little similiar to the 07' team. Maybe just a little better overall

All-District

Pearland will have a dominant o-line... great qb....
    defense has to replace basically everyone... this comin team talent wise is definately not as good as pearland has had the past few years, dawson has taken alot of the athletes and i think it will begin to show this year.
    Yes we can, Yes we did

All-District

Oh ya the o-line is going to be awesome. Ian and derrick were 1st team all district, freas was 2nd team. The other gaurd will be garza, he is no jack but gives great effort all the time and loves to hit. Goin in at left tackle will probably be WD or Mully ,and then plater will be TE. Trey will be at qb he has a lot of talent. Recivers will be ortiz, kanipes, strayhorn, rhodes and dustin, but I don't know if they will move dustin to rb or take a jr to take the starting spot at rb. The D will have sealy, deason, j-dub, nava, lafortune, smithers and uk. They are all returning letterman who got moved up during the rehular season. That's all I can conclude from this point, but there will be more later on as the year progresses
    Pearland Oilers 2008
    District Champs
    Region 3 Finalist
    12-1

All-American

Any news on the 09 Oilers, off season work outs, Any new student-athletes move in? I know it's early but never to early to talk Pland football.

All-American

Alright P-Land its time to talk Oiler Football. Spring ball is over and 7 on 7 is under way. I heard the Oilers went 2-1 in the Texan 7 on 7 this past weekend. Any news coming out of Spring ball? Who impressed? Offense, defense, special teams? Where are the Oiler faithful? Lets get this started!!!

All-American

Pearland Oiler Schedule

Kingwood Aug 29 Reliant
    @ Kempner Sept 4
    Spring Branch Mem Sept 11 Rig
    Open
    @ Pasadena Sept 26
    Sam Rayburn Oct 2 Rig
    @ La Porte Oct 9
    @ Pasadena Mem Oct 16
    South Houston Oct 23 Rig
    @ Deer Park Oct 30
    Dobie Nov 6 Rig

Only 4 home games at the Rig, one neutral site and 5 Road

My prediction is 9-1 maybe 10- 0 if this young team matures and avoids injuries during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Raving Fan View Post
    Pearland Oiler Schedule

Kingwood Aug 29 Reliant
    @ Kempner Sept 4
    Spring Branch Mem Sept 11 Rig
    Open
    @ Pasadena Sept 26
    Sam Rayburn Oct 2 Rig
    @ La Porte Oct 9
    @ Pasadena Mem Oct 16
    South Houston Oct 23 Rig
    @ Deer Park Oct 30
    Dobie Nov 6 Rig

Only 4 home games at the Rig, one neutral site and 5 Road

My prediction is 9-1 maybe 10- 0 if this young team matures and avoids injuries during the season.
    who could you guys lose to? Deer Park ?? Dobie??? I guess anything could happen.... I think you guys are just to strong to lose to any one on your schedule.....
    Last edited by mojo4life; 05-27-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo4life View Post
    who could you guys lose to? Deer park ?? Dobie??? I guess anything could happen.... I think you guys are just to strong to lose to any one on your schedule.....

exactly my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by mojo4life View Post
    who could you guys lose to? Deer Park ?? Dobie??? I guess anything could happen.... I think you guys are just to strong to lose to any one on your schedule.....
    LaPorte ...
    Columbia Roughnecks !!! 13-1, Congrats Tyler Chapel Hill Bulldogs !
    Angleton Wildcats !!! 13-1, Congrats Pearland Dawson !
    Katy Tigers !!! 12-1, Congrats La Porte !
    I've had a great football season !!!

Thats not a tough schedule at all, yall should go undefeated. I look forward to seeing Garrison run the rock behind that offensive line. I was able to see yall against katy taylor. I seen Garrison run the rock maybe 8 times, he will produce way more than Carrier. he is explosive through the hole and he is elusive. good Luck

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raving Fan View Post
    Any news on the 09 Oilers, off season work outs, Any new student-athletes move in? I know it's early but never to early to talk Pland football.
    What is that the 2009 norm...Student move-ins?

Does this always happen or something?

All-American

My understanding is that most of the transfer (move-in) students would be in Pearland Dawsons zone....288 and Silverlake area. Never know, Sam Proctor ( Oklahoma DB) moved in summer before his senior yr from Dobie I believe. They lost 71 seniors from last yr, excellent returning soph, jrs and a 9-1 JV squad. I think they get better as the season progresses. Trey Anderson JV QB started 1 game on Varsity due to injury to Sam Allen and did very well.

All-District

More than likely undefeated in regular season due to weak schedule la-porte, and deer park may challenge... dont see them making it past a strong offense in the playoffs. lost way way too much on defense.
    Yes we can, Yes we did

I wish you guys had a tougher pre district. Maybe go up against someone like Hightower or Lamar... Woodlands would be a good matchup. I'd watch that game. But oh well you play the cards your dealt. Good Luck Oilers, maybe we'll see ya in the playoffs.
    Member of the Triple B's Club

Bam! Katy Thread.

All-District

Im not counting out Deer Park to give them a good game and ruining that perfect season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler Alumni Deer Dad View Post
    Im not counting out Deer Park to give them a good game and ruining that perfect season.
    I wish I could of went to the game. I heard it was a great one. Maybe i'll check it out at Abshire this season.
    Member of the Triple B's Club

Bam! Katy Thread.

All-American

Any Pearland " insiders" know who is starting at RB and WR ? Also who is handling the kicking duties this yr?

5A Texas Football Hall of Famer - 2007 Pick 'Em Champion Fleeman93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-Town713 View Post
    I wish you guys had a tougher pre district. Maybe go up against someone like Hightower or Lamar... Woodlands would be a good matchup. I'd watch that game. But oh well you play the cards your dealt. Good Luck Oilers, maybe we'll see ya in the playoffs.
    Who does Pearland have in pre-district?
    I'll say this - our Region's D2 champion is probably the team to beat in rounds 5&6 - Good Knight

All I can say is, while we'll be at Jerry World next year, Katy will be nowhere to be seen and won't win R3 next year. They'll suck next year and mark my words! - SCBuffKnight

Fleabag and I better not cross paths or it is not gonna end nicely for him and I will need some bail money! I have not wanted to whoop someone's @ss this bad in a long, long time! - Clemensbuff