Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinco Ranch Fans - Katy's Progress??

All-District

Default Cinco Ranch Fans - Katy's Progress??

I've heard about a few CR fans that are upset about Katy's success in the playoffs as CR won the district championship but lost out in round 3 of Div I. They've waited 9 years to beat Katy but Katy still seems to have the upper hand as they are in the state semis. Comments?

Default Re: Cinco Ranch Fans - Katy's Progress??

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBoy34 View Post
    I've heard about a few CR fans that are upset about Katy's success in the playoffs as CR won the district championship but lost out in round 3 of Div I. They've waited 9 years to beat Katy but Katy still seems to have the upper hand as they are in the state semis. Comments?
    D1 vs. D2 who had the harder the road in the playoffs, im going with cinco on that one
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger View Post
    Your chaps will get tired of chasing Trojans all day...mark my words.

I haven't heard about anything like this from any CR fan I know and I haven't seen it posted on the board.
    Columbia Roughnecks !!! 13-1, Congrats Tyler Chapel Hill Bulldogs !
    Angleton Wildcats !!! 13-1, Congrats Pearland Dawson !
    Katy Tigers !!! 12-1, Congrats La Porte !
    I've had a great football season !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATXChap07 View Post
    D1 vs. D2 who had the harder the road in the playoffs, im going with cinco on that one
    I second that. Cinco was definitely the better team this season. Can't simply compare the number of weeks played in the playoffs.
    Deer Park: True Birthplace of Texas Independence. Santa Ana Capture Site. Official Surrender Treaty Signing Site.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCDawgs View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by okt0ber View Post
    I second that. Cinco was definitely the better team this season. Can't simply compare the number of weeks played in the playoffs.
    I kind of view katy's playoff games as bye weeks

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer rwilleby's Avatar

I'm sure there are some... But no different than some Katy fans who are mad about Cinco's win over Katy...

Hey, they had a good team and played well... I thought they could have taken the Hightower game but, in my opinion, the coaches blew the momentum on the fourth and one call in the second quarter... Momentum is a dangerous thing...

Some of us Katy fans wish them well UNLESS they are playing us... Would have liked to see them go to the big game but it wasn't meant to be...

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by 85Roughneck View Post
    I haven't heard about anything like this from any CR fan I know and I haven't seen it posted on the board.
    Nothing on the board - just Katy local talk. Just that some fans have personally stated that their main goal was to beat Katy this year and it was not totally fair we had (supposedly) a weaker playoff schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Roughneck View Post
    I agree. I think someone is just trying to start an argument.
    Member of the Triple B's Club

Bam! Katy Thread.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by okt0ber View Post
    so you think Katy would not have faired well against Hightower?

Sure D1 was stronger... but that's the way it goes... We don't draw them up, we just show and play... must have sucked to have SLC in the way or Region 2 all of those years too...

All-World

I actually saw a couple of Cinco guys at the Hightower/Pearland game, wearing their maroon CR hats with pride...that was good to see...

I think Cinco fans quite possibly think had they been in d2, they would be in the same spot that Katy High is in, but they cant be jealous of the Katy machine....

Katy High has played football for what, 70 years, and cinco has played for eight or nine years? it takes a long time to build a tradition like Katy High has, and every since the cinco loss, they have been on point, destroying their playoff opponents like the Katy teams of old.....another 42-0 win today..same score last year in the same game vs Clements last year...
    You play to win the game!

so you think Katy would not have faired well against Hightower?
    Or pearland

Nothing on the board - just Katy local talk. Just that some fans have personally stated that their main goal was to beat Katy this year and it was not totally fair we had (supposedly) a weaker playoff schedule.
    I can't disagree with them... But fairness is not part of the game... and the schedule does not guarantee a win...

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by rwilleby View Post
    I'm sure there are some... But no different than some Katy fans who are mad about Cinco's win over Katy...

Hey, they had a good team and played well... I thought they could have taken the Hightower game but, in my opinion, the coaches blew the momentum on the fourth and one call in the second quarter... Momentum is a dangerous thing...

Some of us Katy fans wish them well UNLESS they are playing us... Would have liked to see them go to the big game but it wasn't meant to be...
    Concur - I pull for Cinco unless they are playing Katy. I always wish them well but I've heard from many sources that some CR fans are verbally upset about Katy's success so far.

Or pearland
    I think they would have performed well against either...

Concur - I pull for Cinco unless they are playing Katy. I always wish them well but I've heard from many sources that some CR fans are verbally upset about Katy's success so far.
    Understandable... But they've been upset before...

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by H-Town713 View Post
    I agree. I think someone is just trying to start an argument.

Jeez - not trying to start an argument but just asking a question. I've not seen it first hand on this board but there are many fans that never ever access this board. I'm referring to personal face to face discussions. No big deal to me but thought I would throw this out for discussion.

I honestly think Katy would have made it just as far playing D1. I'm not sure if they would make it to the championship but I think we could have done just as good. Your cake walk is pretty comparitive to the one Katy had but you know what? We are still playing. What's that? I think I hear the loser lounge calling..."Table for Chaps".

If this is true, then they missed the whole point. Katy's first goal is to win district, but they also know that the season doesn't start until week 11. I'm sure to most of the fans, it wasn't about JUST beating Katy.

I've supported Cinco since the school opened and I would bet money, have been to more games than any other Cinco fan has, to date. If a few fans are upset about Katy's success in the playoffs this season, that's their problem.

Beating Katy was long overdue for me and the highlight of the season. I had sat through every one of those 8 beatings we took, prior to this year. Not fun.

As for the playoffs, you can't control what Division you're in, or who you play. Bottom line, if Cinco should be mad at anyone, it should be Seven Lakes. If Seven Lakes would have taken care of busines and beaten Blue Taylor, then Katy would have been in Division 1.

We played a very good Hightower team and had our opportunities to pull it out. It wasn't meant to be for us this season.

This is, without a doubt, the best squad we've ever had and I've seen them all. We have nothing to hang our heads about.

I, personally, wish Katy all the best on their quest for back to back State titles, this coming Saturday. I'll be at Rice next Saturday pulling for them.