Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip 6-5a

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer CoppellCowboy57's Avatar

Default Rip 6-5a

Its taken me a few days on what to write on what a great season of football 6-5A had. Even though none of us made our goals this season, we have next season to look forward to.

In No Order:
    Hebron: Great season congrats on owning the 6-5A crown, you've earned it. Next year take it to the house. Oh, and keep bringing that wood.

Flower Mound Marcus: I really wanted to see y'all upset Euless but you have great returning Jrs. and You are deffently in the TOP 5 in the Metroplex when you start next season.

Southlake: What a season of disappointments, but hey I still think you can bounce right back up there and win it all. I mean hell Traditions end, but new ones start.

Flower Mound: You flew high at the start of the season a turned alot of heads, Keep y'alls head up 6-5A was tough and it came down to points who would make what spot in the play-offs. Great season Jags!

Lewisville: Alot was learned this year, you guys will have a new coach, and new learning expriances to start this season. Build on what you learned not todo this season.

And Finally To my Coppell Boys:

Way to play all season long, you did things that nobuddy thought you could do. I know you guys didnt make state, but y'all played your hearts out right up until the end. You did something that hadnt been done at Coppell in 7 years by beating Southlake, and you won a play-off game for the first time since 2003. You rank up there with the Top Coppell teams ever including the 2000 team that advanced three rounds deep. Im proud of y'all and the City of Coppell is proud of you. The Curse of the Spike will just have to wait to next year to be broken.

6-5A thanks for a great season, and I can't wait till next season kicks off.

~CC57
    Last edited by CoppellCowboy57; 11-27-2008 at 07:36 PM.
    The Coppell Cowboys

BACK TO BACK 5-5A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS 2012/2013

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005
    3rd Battalion 1st Marines The Balls of The Corps 2005 - 2009

All-World trinitytrojansdominate's Avatar

Default Re: Rip 6-5a

I thought Coppell could go all 'da way
    EULESSTRINITYTROJANS

It's ironic. All the sportswriters pegged 6-5A as the most competitive district in the state yet no one's left. My kids graduated Hebron and I was pulling hard for the Hawks but they fell short.

I think Marcus and Coppell will be the same or better next year. Also suspect Southlake comes back strong. Don't know much about Lewisville.

Hebron's screwed as long as the Brazil still thinks he's at a 1A school and makes the skill players go both ways! If we don't go deep or win state next year he has to go.

All-Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
    It's ironic. All the sportswriters pegged 6-5A as the most competitive district in the state yet no one's left. My kids graduated Hebron and I was pulling hard for the Hawks but they fell short.

I think Marcus and Coppell will be the same or better next year. Also suspect Southlake comes back strong. Don't know much about Lewisville.

Hebron's screwed as long as the Brazil still thinks he's at a 1A school and makes the skill players go both ways! If we don't go deep or win state next year he has to go.

Brazil is a saavy coach. Platooning is nothing new, most of us 30 and olders remeber the days of going offense, defense and special teams and thought nothing of it.

I loved the kickoff formation he called last week to get Wylie to burn a timeout as he was bluffing witn the onside formation. His playcall on the "Drive" that beat Bell last week where they catch Bell napping with a swinging gate formation that went for 30 and put them in great field position to seal the game...

I'm sure there's alot of schools who'd love to have a shot at Brazil should yall not want him.

Reserve

Last time I checked, Coach Brazil has not one, not two, but three state rings on his fat little fingers. You my friend have no clue!!!!!!!!! Let me see, District champs, what 5 years in a row!! They went 4 rounds deep last year. You must be pissed because your kid didn't get to play. You put the best 11 on the field. Sounds like a great record to me.

Hey gents lets keep it positive. We're all in the same boat right now. The kids had an amazing year this year and we should all be proud of our respective year. Lets not bash Coaches, Players, or Schools.
    The Coppell Cowboys

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005

Quote Originally Posted by SMELL-IT! View Post
    Last time I checked, Coach Brazil has not one, not two, but three state rings on his fat little fingers. You my friend have no clue!!!!!!!!! Let me see, District champs, what 5 years in a row!! They went 4 rounds deep last year. You must be pissed because your kid didn't get to play. You put the best 11 on the field. Sounds like a great record to me.
    I'll bet he wouldn't have to move 5-10 miles, if at all.
    "If you can accept losing, you can't win. Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser".
    Coach Vince Lombardi

Dain Bramage speaks for nobody in the Hebron football program.

I know that nobody got as far as they wanted. I like this district, it has a sense of family. Let's keep this thread positive.

Quote Originally Posted by CoppellCowboy57 View Post
    Its taken me a few days on what to write on what a great season of football 6-5A had. Even though none of us made our goals this season, we have next season to look forward to.

In No Order:
    Hebron: Great season congrats on owning the 6-5A crown, you've earned it. Next year take it to the house. Oh, and keep bringing that wood.

Flower Mound Marcus: I really wanted to see y'all upset Euless but you have great returning Jrs. and You are deffently in the TOP 5 in the Metroplex when you start next season.

Southlake: What a season of disappointments, but hey I still think you can bounce right back up there and win it all. I mean hell Traditions end, but new ones start.

Flower Mound: You flew high at the start of the season a turned alot of heads, Keep y'alls head up 6-5A was tough and it came down to points who would make what spot in the play-offs. Great season Jags!

Lewisville: Alot was learned this year, you guys will have a new coach, and new learning expriances to start this season. Build on what you learned not todo this season.

And Finally To my Coppell Boys:

Way to play all season long, you did things that nobuddy thought you could do. I know you guys didnt make state, but y'all played your hearts out right up until the end. You did something that hadnt been done at Coppell in 7 years by beating Southlake, and you won a play-off game for the first time since 2003. You rank up there with the Top Coppell teams ever including the 2000 team that advanced three rounds deep. Im proud of y'all and the City of Coppell is proud of you. The Curse of the Spike will just have to wait to next year to be broken.

6-5A thanks for a great season, and I can't wait till next season kicks off.

~CC57
    Great post Coppell. We all need to thank you for all you do for all of us. You sir, are a hero. Thank You

Starter

All-District

What I love about this district is every game was like a playoff game. Each game had the potential of knocking you out of the playoffs. We had huge crowds, big bands, large drill teams and great student fan participation. Unlike in years past with other former district members you didn't feel sorry for the other team with a couple of hundred people in the stands. The other major positive from these type games is that gate, concession, program and souvenir receipts must have been great with these big crowds.

Maybe an "excuse" for 6-5A not going deeper in the playoffs is because we were beating the crap out of each other for the past 5 weeks. Hard to play with that kind of intensity every week.

Looking forward to next year. It will be another year of two great teams missing the playoffs. In the meantime, we can enjoy some great games in the other sports with so many state level competitive teams in basketball, soccer, baseball, etc....

That reminds me, this district had 2 of the top three marching bands in the state this year (Marcus and Coppell), Go Band!

It still amazes me what Scott Mason does for his Band kids year in and year out.

6-5A beat each other up, but nobuddy took any team lightly even Lewisville who played hard there at the end. By the play-offs we were rooting each other on, maybe next year we'll have an all 6-5A region finals so we can at least say a 6-5A team knocked us out of the playoffs
    The Coppell Cowboys

COPPELL CLASS OF 2005

All-World

Good thread coppellcowboy!

It is true every Friday night was like a playoff game this year. It gets to be mentally exhausting as well as physically for the teams.

Next year 6-5a will be back strong I am sure.

and Coppellcowboy - thank you for your service, it is so appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by SMELL-IT! View Post
    I have no ax to grind because my kids didn't get to play. My 2 daughters already graduated Hebron. BTW, credit him with ONE championship. He was an assistant at Lewisville the first 2 times. You giving him the credit for those, too??

I repeat, this is 5A. With varsity, 3 freshman and 2 JV teams there's got to be someone who can play corner besides having Alex Norman do it along with playing every offensive play as wide receiver. And every kick and punt coverage. Phillip Mitchell played the same schedule along with every other skilled position. Using your logic why didn't Brazil have the best athlete on the team play both ways and on special teams? His name is Justin Iwuji.

Bottom line with the talent at Hebron we should have gotten to the finals 3-4 time by now. Underachieving is a form of failure you must not recognize.

Starter

Doc RJ..... I mean Dain bramage is a good name for you, because you have no clue what you're talking about. Alex does not play corner (he plays outside linebacker), and he's not on ANY Special Teams. Phillip only plays about 1/2 the time on offense, and Iwuji did play a couple of play at corner the last 2 weeks. Please drop the crack pipe!

Also, please enlighten us as to which 3 or 4 Hebron teams SHOULD have made the finals???

Please change affiliations, and follow another team. I'm sure Smith, Turner, or Creekview could use another fair weather fan!!! Everyone know who you are, and we were not sad to see you go, DOC!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Doc RJ..... I mean Dain bramage is a good name for you, because you have no clue what you're talking about. Alex does not play corner (he plays outside linebacker), and he's not on ANY Special Teams. Phillip only plays about 1/2 the time on offense, and Iwuji did play a couple of play at corner the last 2 weeks. Please drop the crack pipe!

Also, please enlighten us as to which 3 or 4 Hebron teams SHOULD have made the finals???

Please change affiliations, and follow another team. I'm sure Smith, Turner, or Creekview could use another fair weather fan!!! Everyone know who you are, and we were not sad to see you go, DOC!!!!!
    Not sure who you think Doc RJ is and why you were glad he left. BTW, I don't smoke crack! OK, Norman played outside linebacker not corner.

If you don't think we could gotten to the finals or won 3-4 championships by now then YOU are the pessimistic fair weather fan.

In 4A, before we won state were probably the best teams ever . Tim Ball at running back and Pitrucha at QB. And they weren't the best players. Lewis Baker went to Oklahoma and started at safety and Ian Cunningham started OL at Virginia. Remember. those were the days they beat everyone 60-7?? The team last year with Tanner Marsh had a chance also. Got beat by Abilene in the Region I finals. They should/could have gone all the way. The 2005 state champ team was maybe equal to this and last years teams but not close to the 2003/2004 teams.

If the coaching fails the players, why should we be happy about it.

Reserve

Not sure who you think Doc RJ is and why you were glad he left. BTW, I don't smoke crack! OK, Norman played outside linebacker not corner.

If you don't think we could gotten to the finals or won 3-4 championships by now then YOU are the pessimistic fair weather fan.

In 4A, before we won state were probably the best teams ever . Tim Ball at running back and Pitrucha at QB. And they weren't the best players. Lewis Baker went to Oklahoma and started at safety and Ian Cunningham started OL at Virginia. Remember. those were the days they beat everyone 60-7?? The team last year with Tanner Marsh had a chance also. Got beat by Abilene in the Region I finals. They should/could have gone all the way. The 2005 state champ team was maybe equal to this and last years teams but not close to the 2003/2004 teams.

If the coaching fails the players, why should we be happy about it.
    WE, would mean YOU had something to do with the Hebron football team. I think not! Humor me and share some of YOUR coaching tips! I along with many more folks would love to hear how YOU would do it. Please tell us how coaching fails! For your info. Coach Brazil was the DC when LHS won the title in 96. While Tim, Justin P., Ian, and Lewis were all great players, their supporting cast was not near what Hebron had in 05.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by CoppellCowboy57 View Post
    Hey gents lets keep it positive. We're all in the same boat right now. The kids had an amazing year this year and we should all be proud of our respective year. Lets not bash Coaches, Players, or Schools.
    As CC57 said, lets keep this thread positive and about 6-5A. Its his thread afterall. I suggest a new thread for "Would Hebron had won more championships without Brazil..." where you guys can continue your argument.

I know you guys hate the fact that Brazil plays your best athletes both ways, but I think you should trust him. I would take Coach Brazil in a second. He is a top 5 coach in the state.