Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats, Klein Oak!

Default Congrats, Klein Oak!

Great defense! Took it to the Cougars! Good scheme to pressure Pugliese. Very big win!
    Back From The Dead!
    Feeling like a three legged border town Mexican dog!

Default Re: Congrats, Klein Oak!

Quote Originally Posted by cyfallsbooster2 View Post
    Great defense! Took it to the Cougars! Good scheme to pressure Pugliese. Very big win!
    If I were playing a pickup game and could pick any two players I would pick Austin P. and Brent M. Those guys are awesome. They kept me on the edge of my seat all night. Congrats Cy Creek on a great season.
    Last edited by smw358; 11-22-2008 at 11:34 PM.
    ''Life's tough, pilgrim, and it's even tougher if you're stupid.''-- John Wayne

Good game tonight Oak. Congrats

Wow!!! This was my first chance to see Klein Oak, and they are very impressive I have watched Creek play about 5 times this year and I thought this game would be a lot closer than it was. Klein Oak absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and I thought that was the difference in the game. Their offensive line is HUGE.
    I really think Klein Oak can go far, and I wish you the best of luck. This is going to be a great rivalry between our districts!!
    Cy-Creek. Congratulations on a great year. Probably the biggest turn around in the history of our district in going from last to first in one year. You represented 15-5A well. and I expect several post season honors for your players.

Let's go RIDGE. Let's go WOODS.

Great night for a football game, for sure! Perfect weather, absolutely gorgeous stadium, (real seats, with cupholders!), fantastic game and great fan base for both sides, packed stadium tonight!

Thanks for a great game tonight Cy-Creek and best of luck to your team next year. Your team played hard and kept us on our toes tonight!

Congratulations to the Klein Oak Panthers for a well-played game tonight, you make us all so proud to be Panther fans every week, thank you!

Loved seeing Coach Smith do "the worm" at the end of the game!
    OAK 'EM!!!

Always proud of my Klein Oak Panthers!

Quote Originally Posted by klein_oak_panthers View Post
    Great night for a football game, for sure! Perfect weather, absolutely gorgeous stadium, (real seats, with cupholders!), fantastic game and great fan base for both sides, packed stadium tonight!

Thanks for a great game tonight Cy-Creek and best of luck to your team next year. Your team played hard and kept us on our toes tonight!

Congratulations to the Klein Oak Panthers for a well-played game tonight, you make us all so proud to be Panther fans every week, thank you!

Loved seeing Coach Smith do "the worm" at the end of the game!
    I don't know about that! -- maybe a shaved head again next week?

The TEAM played really well tonight and I was real impressed by the way some kids stepped in - Mayweather, Fatu (Baby Umanga),Mclain, D-line!

GREAT WIN - CONGRATS PANTHERS!
    ROCK CHALK, JAYHAWK ---KKKKKKKKK UUUUUUUU!
    KLEIN OAK PANTHERS - OAK 'EM!

EMAP! EveryManAPanther

"And I don't think of myself as old, just a little weathered." - SleeperG

"...the guys who sag their pants in prison are the ones who get it at night, or who drop the soap if you know what i mean." - 2000NSMustang!!!

As I understand it, the Klein Oak Panthers are now scheduled to play Lake Highlands of Richardson ISD next Saturday. Any idea which stadium yet?
    OAK 'EM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by klein_oak_panthers View Post
    As I understand it, the Klein Oak Panthers are now scheduled to play Lake Highlands of Richardson ISD next Saturday. Any idea which stadium yet?
    Kyle Field should be open.

Forest 99 just posted this:

Klein Oak vs. Lake Highlands Sat 3:00pm Round Rock ISD Stadium aka "The Palace"
    OAK 'EM!!!

All-District

..even though we lost (Cedar Park) last week to Cy-Creek, I thought they were suspect with that matador defense of theirs. All offense and no defense will get you a short ride in the playoffs. Congrats Klein Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcatfan View Post
    Wow!!! This was my first chance to see Klein Oak, and they are very impressive I have watched Creek play about 5 times this year and I thought this game would be a lot closer than it was. Klein Oak absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and I thought that was the difference in the game. Their offensive line is HUGE.
    I really think Klein Oak can go far, and I wish you the best of luck. This is going to be a great rivalry between our districts!!
    Cy-Creek. Congratulations on a great year. Probably the biggest turn around in the history of our district in going from last to first in one year. You represented 15-5A well. and I expect several post season honors for your players.

Let's go RIDGE. Let's go WOODS.
    Congratulations Klein oak. You guys have an impressive team on both sides of the ball. I hope that you guys go all the way.

We will see you in September '09. Hopefully we can win one.

All-State

Good game OAK, but I hate to say that if the creek WR's could catch and their QB had a little bit more accuracy it wouldn't look good for Oak.

I can remember at least 3 times when the Creek WR's were open on deep routes for a TD but the QB overthrew the ball, not to mention the other big passes they dropped.

Creek didn't have to good of a experience with oak this year, Oak was the only team to beat them. It was amazing to see Ossam Cook break on the first play just like last time they played Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBoy View Post
    Good game OAK, but I hate to say that if the creek WR's could catch and their QB had a little bit more accuracy it wouldn't look good for Oak.

I can remember at least 3 times when the Creek WR's were open on deep routes for a TD but the QB overthrew the ball, not to mention the other big passes they dropped.

Creek didn't have to good of a experience with oak this year, Oak was the only team to beat them. It was amazing to see Ossam Cook break on the first play just like last time they played Creek.
    Man, what game were you watching? Austin is probably the most accurate passer in the area. His receivers the most sure handed. I guess if you had his point of reference you would have a different view. I do not believe that Austin has had that much pressure all year. Let's see you get back there and get pounded on play after play and see how accurate you would be! His main receiver #26 was being pounded too. But, he still managed to get a long td catch. Those two, Austin and Brent were great. Pretty shortsided on your part.

..maybe pressure (on the QB) and some hard hitting had something to do with this

EMAP! EveryManAPanther

"...the guys who sag their pants in prison are the ones who get it at night, or who drop the soap if you know what i mean." - 2000NSMustang!!!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by smw358 View Post
    Man, what game were you watching? Austin is probably the most accurate passer in the area. His receivers the most sure handed. I guess if you had his point of reference you would have a different view. I do not believe that Austin has had that much pressure all year. Let's see you get back there and get pounded on play after play and see how accurate you would be! His main receiver #26 was being pounded too. But, he still managed to get a long td catch. Those two, Austin and Brent were great. Pretty shortsided on your part.
    I was watching the game where at least 3 times WR's had burned Oak's secondary but the ball was overthrown.

I was watching the game where at least 3 times WR's had burned Oak's secondary but the ball was overthrown.
    ...that's like saying if our DB's don't misplay 2 passes you don't get 2 TD's.

Face it it was more then 9, should have been more then 28 -- defense wins championships -- Area Championships.
    Last edited by Jayhawker; 11-23-2008 at 01:14 PM.

EMAP! EveryManAPanther

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    ...that's like sayig if our DB's don't misplay 2 passes you don't get 2 TD's.

Face it it was more then 9, should have been more then 28 -- defense wins championships -- Area Championships.
    OK, wait till we get a little deeper in the playoffs you'll see what I mean.

And why was oak starters in with 2 minutes left and a 28 point lead? Did Coach Smith not see the other injuries that occured during the game. How stupid can you get?

And why was oak starters in with 2 minutes left and a 28 point lead? Did Coach Smith not see the other injuries that occured during the game. How stupid can you get?
    Have you or ya'll ever played Cy Creek? They can score quicker than you can change your mind. Maybe we should hire you coach houston BOY. Stupid is as stupid does.

If you are familiar with OAK you know that we rotate in quite a few guys especially at the skill positions and LB/DB's on D.

We were also playing a team that score at any time (refer to their scoring drives). Whenever they (Creek) was within 14, I was nervous and 21 maybe a little more comfortable. I believe we had great respect for their team (Creek), which is also a reason why we applied relentless pressure all night -- which was a HUGE key in our win.

EMAP! EveryManAPanther

The Fan turn out for both teams was great to see.