112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Copperas Cove

55 49.11%
  • Cypress Ridge

57 50.89%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cypress Ridge vs. Copperas Cove

Default Cypress Ridge vs. Copperas Cove

Cove vs Ridge. Its gonna be Sheppard & Co. vs Cove's stout D that's allowed 16 pts the last 3 games. Should be a great one
    Last edited by battlin'bulldawgs; 11-22-2008 at 08:15 PM.

All-American

Default Re: Cypress Ridge vs. Copperas Cove

Its not getting any easier but thank goodness for a stout defense. Hopefully the offense can provide some much needed scoring in this one. They manage the clock well but need to put points on the board and stop the fumbles. HINT, HINT!!!

DFFL
    DawgsFanForLife
    "T R Y is the K E Y"
    Coach Hanke said that!!!

Cove defense has only allowed 10 points in playoffs....Naaman Forest's TD was on a fumble return......Naaman's Jonathan Miller (Oklahoma bound) was held to 88 yards rushing with 61 of that on one play.......
    All the defense has got to say is......NEXT
    The enemy's gate is down - Ender Wiggins

Scout Teamer

don't fumbles returned for points still count

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by covefan74 View Post
    don't fumbles returned for points still count
    Yea they do, but he is saying the Defense didn't allow that TD

heard this was Friday night in Waco

All-District

yes sir. Not sure whether in WISD or Floyd Casey

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by coveaggie View Post
    yes sir. Not sure whether in WISD or Floyd Casey

I thought I heard Coach Welch say last night it was at WISD. Didn't say what time though. Hopefully it's during the day so that it would cut down my wife's shopping spree on black Friday. LOL

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Ailani View Post
    I thought I heard Coach Welch say last night it was at WISD. Didn't say what time though. Hopefully it's during the day so that it would cut down my wife's shopping spree on black Friday. LOL
    No such luck. It's Friday night at 7:30 at WISD. Oh well, I least I save on gas from not having to drive to Corsicana.

It sounds like the Dawg defense will have their hands full with another high-powered offense. Strap 'em up boys and get after it Friday night.

All-State

I was able to catch the Lufkin-Cy Ridge game on-line. Sounds like Cy Ridge has a heck of a QB. Any thoughts?

All-American

Ya here is my thoughts....Can our offense actually score some points this game without relying on the big daddy package? We have a good offense but need to get the scores and hold on to the ball. Control the clock with the offense, the defense will get the job done but not if they are on the field for 45 minutes of the 48.

Dawgs, do you want this one?

DFFL
    DawgsFanForLife
    "T R Y is the K E Y"
    Coach Hanke said that!!!

Look for the offense to be slightly better. I believe Greene is getting the experience each time he's out there, and maybe even a little more confidence. He really needs to be a little smarter on when to throw the ball away and when to break and run. He's a good athlete but needs to learn to process what's happening a little quicker, and I think he's learning that. I look for him to be improved this coming week. I'm just happy to see all the Dawgs playing like they want it! Should be a good game. We have faced many good athletes and have had an answer for each of them. Let's hope that continues as I think it will. Good job to the coaches as well, they are not being outcoached and are coming up with some smart ideas. Get'r done!

All-World

Agree with Eldawgo, Greene is getting more experienced with each series he plays, good job Cove Coaching staff on teaching him. It seems also that the offense is also adjusting to a new QB and adapting to his strengths and weaknesses. Cy Ridge's QB has been the real deal since the beginning of the season, he was picked to be one of the top QBs in the state before the season started and has proved his ability throughout the season. It will be another tough test for the Cove's Defense, but the D has stood up to tests very well. I look for the coaches to have this Dawg team ready to play. Go Dawgs, Get TUIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammeroftruth View Post
    I was able to catch the Lufkin-Cy Ridge game on-line. Sounds like Cy Ridge has a heck of a QB. Any thoughts?
    6'2" - very fast, elusive, strong arm - he is a load. What makes him effective is that he is not a one man show. Ridge has a lot of weapons a defense has to worry about - and they are spread all over the field. That makes it hard to concentrate just on stopping him.

i think this game comes down to this: can the Cy Ridge defense stop the Cove offense? Ridge plays in a district where they essentially play Arena football; everyone has so much offense that it looks like no one has any defense. Ought to be an interesting game.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerHat View Post
    6'2" - very fast, elusive, strong arm - he is a load. What makes him effective is that he is not a one man show. Ridge has a lot of weapons a defense has to worry about - and they are spread all over the field. That makes it hard to concentrate just on stopping him.

i think this game comes down to this: can the Cy Ridge defense stop the Cove offense? Ridge plays in a district where they essentially play Arena football; everyone has so much offense that it looks like no one has any defense. Ought to be an interesting game.
    Maybe true, but if we stop Russell we dismantle all of your other weapons, he is the catalyst of the team.
    STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...HERE WE COME!

Maybe one of the toughest games to predict. Coves D is amazing, but then again Cys O is incredible. Ive been kinda worried about the dawgs offense...who hasnt? But when your defense plays like ours does, we dont need to score that much, BUT a little insurance would be nice! Its gonna be a shootout, cant wait!!

Copperas Cove-21
    Cy Ridge-20
    (missed PAT)

All-American

Cove's D has always done pretty well against a spread offense.
    So you say their QB is fast? Our OL and outside LB's are probably faster.
    In the last few games we are averaging 6 sacks on the QB.
    They play in an "Arena League" district??
    That means they don't see running games very often. Cove can, and will, run, run and run. Byrd, Wright, Greene and Chancellor are plenty fast enough. The only thing stopping Cove's offense is Cove. Too many fumbles.
    I look for a good game which, IMO, will be much higher scoring than last week's game against GNF.
    Dawgs take this one, 34-21.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgDave View Post
    Cove's D has always done pretty well against a spread offense.
    So you say their QB is fast? Our OL and outside LB's are probably faster.In the last few games we are averaging 6 sacks on the QB.
    They play in an "Arena League" district??
    That means they don't see running games very often. Cove can, and will, run, run and run. Byrd, Wright, Greene and Chancellor are plenty fast enough. The only thing stopping Cove's offense is Cove. Too many fumbles.
    I look for a good game which, IMO, will be much higher scoring than last week's game against GNF.
    Dawgs take this one, 34-21.
    uh...there is only a select few in the country that are faster that there QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime254 View Post
    Once Russell gets loose in the secondary it's like trying to put the Genie back
    in the bottle.
    Last edited by C-DUB; 11-23-2008 at 11:25 AM.

Scout Teamer

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime254 View Post

Thank you Primetime. I hate it when people start making crazy statements about the opposing team. Sheppard is only one of the most highly recruited dual threat QB's in the nation (the number 8 player in the nation on Rivals top 100 list), commited to LSU, and someone makes a comment that our OL is faster than him. Heck, Robert Griffin, who we all thought was pretty good was only ranked # 42 on the Rivals Texas Top 100 list. Sheppard is rated as the NUMBER 1 dual threat QB in the nation.

If you are "truly" a Dawg fan and supporter don't say things that will wind up on the Cy-Ridge locker room wall all week and add to their resolve to play harder.

I think Cove will fare well, but it will be another war just like this past week. To think otherwise is a pipe dream (crack pipe).