Thread: HS football playoffs at Texas Stadium

Default HS football playoffs at Texas Stadium

I hope after dallas cowboys leave texas stadium that it still remains for HS football. it was an honor to play there when i was in school and would hate to see it get tore down for apartments. im not sure how long after new stadium opens texas stadium will be available. so if your team plays there film it. it might be last the time.

Default Re: HS football playoffs at Texas Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by PirateFan View Post
    I hope after dallas cowboys leave texas stadium that it still remains for HS football. it was an honor to play there when i was in school and would hate to see it get tore down for apartments. im not sure how long after new stadium opens texas stadium will be available. so if your team plays there film it. it might be last the time.
    It will be the last time for high school games in Texas Stadium. It will see the wrecking ball early in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateFan View Post
    "Jerruh" has stated in a few interviews that he would love to continue the tradition by hosting playoff games at the Cowboys' new stadium. He's supported that tradition in the past by charging suprisingly very little money to the schools/districts for playing there.
    May the force be with you
    My new gig
    My other one

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer TulsaHale74's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSRadioGuy View Post
    "Jerruh" has stated in a few interviews that he would love to continue the tradition by hosting playoff games at the Cowboys' new stadium. He's supported that tradition in the past by charging suprisingly very little money to the schools/districts for playing there.
    I was told last year by the HEB athletic office that each team of a 6 team Saturday had to pay $10,000.

$60,000 doesn't seem like "very little money" to me. I understand the expenses the Texas Stadium corp incurs and maybe that's a fair "non-profit" number but it's not like Jerry is giving it away.
    "Follow the money"

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer DrEdward's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSRadioGuy View Post
    In years past, it was true that Texas Stadium was a relatively inexpensive place to play for high schools. However, that has deicidedly changed over the years. The schools each pay out between $5,000 and $10,000 each to have Texas Stadium host a playoff game there. More if you want to have replay avialable on the screens. In addition, there is the parking fee collected and retained by Texas Stadium and the, shall we say, less than bargain pricing policy on concession sales. To enforce such, of course, TS hires a large staff of enforcers searching everyone coming into the place for contraband foodstuffs. I am sure that Jerry will open his new house to high schools and we will all head over there, but I wouldn;t be looking for any bargains.

yeah no matter what everyone but jerry is gonna pay for the new stadium

All-American

two questions:

1) are the freon bottle shakers allowed in TS?

2) is there tailgating allowed at the Saturday games at TS?

yes to both there will be alot of SLC tailgaiting from what i hear. some plano fans mentioned it but no confirmation as of yet and us wylie fans hope to get a seat

Southlake - I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could!

SLC and Plano West will play the first HS game in Jerry's world next season to kick the season off. TS will be mowed under and after the EPA says the ground water is safe, Condos and retail will be built.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFan0316 View Post
    SLC and Plano West will play the first HS game in Jerry's world next season to kick the season off. TS will be mowed under and after the EPA says the ground water is safe, Condos and retail will be built.
    Maybe the military would be interested in collecting all of that 'pigeon poop/asbestos' debris and dumping it in a certain part of Pakistan. We can call it recycling or something.

All-District
    Orange County, Ca by way of Austin and Fresno

It will be so terrible if/when Texas Stadium is torn down(this coming from a Packer fan!) The Hole In the Roof is like the Green Monster of football. It's just as bad as tearing down Yankee Stadium and the old Tiger Stadium in Detroit.

But if Jerry "facelift" Jones wants to get rid of it, then that's what will happen.

The stadium belongs to the City of Irving. Jerry's lease ends this year.

The City of Irving has determined that they no longer want Texas Stadium. They can certainly keep it if they desired to.

All-Galaxy

r no more