Page 3 of 874 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: **Carroll Dragon Fan Thread**

Default Re: **Carroll Dragon Fan Thread**

I truly can't believe that if Coppell beats flower mound next week, then Slake finishes 4rth out of six teams in district...glad you guys came back and beat Marcus or you guys could be on the verge of sitting at home.. Anyways the playoffs are a new season and D2 is a pretty good place to be this year. You guys will be fine.......
    Last edited by mojo4life; 11-01-2008 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HebronHawk View Post
    DP did have an accuracy problem that was noticeable. Some throws were too low, even a couple that were caught but couldn't be advanced. Some were overthrown. As a runner, he was pretty good. If he didn't run at all, the Hawks could have concentrated on Ayers all night long.
    Nobody's saying don't run him at all, just 20+ times is too many if it's not working.

In reading these posts it looks like some folks are asking questions and looking for answers that may never come.
    I should start out by saying that I have the utmost respect for the SLC program and all thats been accomplished. Losing a couple of games doesn't mean much in the short term. The problem is when you have been on this unworldly run the past few years a loss or two looks like failure and people start looking for answers.
    The only real answer is that things change. Dodge & his staff are gone. Wasson and his staff will be gone some day also. You could end up with better or worse coaches, who knows?
    Maybe the talent level is off some, maybe the injury bug is more than can be overcome, maybe the opposition has now learned to defend the spread, maybe your opponents are simply better. My point is that change is the only constant and doesn't mean that the program is in a decline, but you have to face the fact that NOBODY wins them all.
    Sorry to intrude on your thread but I believe the Tradition may be better protected than you realize.

Quote Originally Posted by SLCisbetterthanyou View Post
    Hey Dragon fans... There are alot of teams that are represented by their fans with a dedicated thread... And we are one of the greatest programs in the history of Texas, so I figured we should have our own as well. This isnt intended to replace the weekly game threads.. Its just a place for Dragon fans to come to.

While here feel free to discuss all things that are Carroll Dragons..ie.. players, coaches, future Dragons, plays, or whatever else..
    there was a time when your screen name was hard to argue with....seems you may want to consider changing it now
    "I was worried but the more I think about it all Longview has is history and reputation....they are due for a loss at lobo and the horn jags can do it... - paige70

Proverbs 17:28 - "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips he is considered perceptive."

Do you know my King? http://theiowaharvest.com/myking

Quote Originally Posted by drgnbkr View Post
    I don't doubt these kids at all. Only time will tell if there is some sort of "decay" in the program. They played hard last night...maybe not smart at times, but the effort was there. They just got whipped...which is the first time since the Katy game in 03 that has happened. And we could argue all day if the Katy game was a whippin..I say it was because of the way they held the ball when it counted. MNW didn't whip the Dragons, Carroll was in it until the last play and outstatted the Bulls, Abilene wasn't a whippin, they won..but it wasn't a whippin. Coppell this year was a crazy double OT game that went their way at the end..no whippin... Last night was a whippin of the worst kind..Coach Wasson said it best on the radio post game show..."You have to want it more than the other guy and Hebron wanted it more." The story of this team is still to be written..they can take the easy way out and play out the year, or they can step up and prove that they still want it...time will tell.
    Very well said Bkr!....out manned, out coached, out prepared, out played.....an absolute whippin. I hope Coach Wasson will look into the mirror and say......"You have to want it more than the other guy and Hebron wanted it more."

Quote Originally Posted by 15Adragon View Post
    I think he was trying to minimize the int and protect the football. These things take time to develop. 430 yds of O and no turnovers is commendable. Game was decided by giving up that 98 yard drive with the game 30-28. D gets a stop there and forces a punt out of the end zone - game on.

I will definately take zero turnovers... And the output by Tommy was outstanding, David will get better with time... his throws were a little off last night... As Hawk stated there were many very low thrown balls... This is simply a practice issue and can be easily fixed, he just needs to have confidence in his throw and concentrate on accuracy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2009 5ATF College Football Top Gun Champion
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all
    Walt Disney Company

I have posted my thoughts on last nights game on other threads and about the state of the program.
    What I find a little disturbing are the number of people that say teams know how to defend the spread better now.
    We knew Marcus was going to run Hopkins between the tackles and could not stop it. We knew that the running game last night was going to continue until we stopped it, that never happened. No one knows what play we are going to run or who we are going to throw it to, run or pass.
    These comments just make no sense to me. The offense is not the problem. Look at what Hebron did last night, run the same plays over and over and over and over............. we could not stop it.
    Ok so I am talking about the game. Keep running Avers until they stop us or his legs fall off, mix in a some play action to keep them on their toes, not that complicated.

Our defense is in position and we cannot tackle?
    That should happen once.
    In terms of Hal's comments after the game, you are the damn coach, don't let your kids give up, if that is really your opinion.

I will be a bit redundant as I posted something similar but we need to energize this program. There is not the same attitude we are used to. That is simply the difference. That said it not easy to teach that and get it back. I thought we were there after the Marcus game but I was incorrect.
    Still a lot of football to be played.
    These kids are great, keep supporting them like we have and good things will happen.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakatha View Post
    Remember the bubble screen against Grapevine?!

~DnM
    That was in their house early in the game and it was a pick six off RD right?
    FOF

Quote Originally Posted by Maroondog View Post
    In reading these posts it looks like some folks are asking questions and looking for answers that may never come.
    I should start out by saying that I have the utmost respect for the SLC program and all thats been accomplished. Losing a couple of games doesn't mean much in the short term. The problem is when you have been on this unworldly run the past few years a loss or two looks like failure and people start looking for answers.
    The only real answer is that things change. Dodge & his staff are gone. Wasson and his staff will be gone some day also. You could end up with better or worse coaches, who knows?
    Maybe the talent level is off some, maybe the injury bug is more than can be overcome, maybe the opposition has now learned to defend the spread, maybe your opponents are simply better. My point is that change is the only constant and doesn't mean that the program is in a decline, but you have to face the fact that NOBODY wins them all.
    Sorry to intrude on your thread but I believe the Tradition may be better protected than you realize.

Nobody is doubting the tradition...you wouldnt know this, but it goes FAR beyond a single game, or season, or football field.... The tradition is and will be fine.. This program and those players who put the Dragon uniform on are outstanding... The Dragons are the cream and they are down, but not out..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLCisbetterthanyou View Post
    Nobody is doubting the tradition...you wouldnt know this, but it goes FAR beyond a single game, or season, or football field.... The tradition is and will be fine.. This program and those players who put the Dragon uniform on are outstanding... The Dragons are the cream and they are down, but not out..
    Would you say the "Protect the Tradition" pertains to everything that is Southlake Carroll?

I'd like to say yes. Anybody in an extra-curricular activity is expected to represent Carroll in the best way possible. Always expected to be polite, respectful, and take care of things like that. Then of course winning. It seems in things I've been apart of and things I have heard, Carroll expresses RESPECT and REPRESENTING school and the city as a main focal point, and winning comes right after that.

Granted this is IMO...
    FOF

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post
    I have posted my thoughts on last nights game on other threads and about the state of the program.
    What I find a little disturbing are the number of people that say teams know how to defend the spread better now.
    We knew Marcus was going to run Hopkins between the tackles and could not stop it. We knew that the running game last night was going to continue until we stopped it, that never happened. No one knows what play we are going to run or who we are going to throw it to, run or pass.
    These comments just make no sense to me. The offense is not the problem. Look at what Hebron did last night, run the same plays over and over and over and over............. we could not stop it.
    Ok so I am talking about the game. Keep running Avers until they stop us or his legs fall off, mix in a some play action to keep them on their toes, not that complicated.

That should happen once.
    In terms of Hal's comments after the game, you are the damn coach, don't let your kids give up, if that is really your opinion.

I will be a bit redundant as I posted something similar but we need to energize this program. There is not the same attitude we are used to. That is simply the difference. That said it not easy to teach that and get it back. I thought we were there after the Marcus game but I was incorrect.
    These kids are great, keep supporting them like we have and good things will happen.
    These are 15/16/17/18 year old kids with their lives in front of them. They are good kids that have worked hard for years to step on the field as Dragons. YES, we should support them with the same passion that we support all of our Dragon teams! Thanks for the reminder Dpants.

Quote Originally Posted by c-lisle View Post
    there was a time when your screen name was hard to argue with....seems you may want to consider changing it now
    I let that one go... My feelings shouldnt matter to you as well as yours to me..
    Last edited by SLC; 11-03-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: took my feelings out of the equation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Quote Originally Posted by SLCbacker View Post
    Very well said Bkr!....out manned, out coached, out prepared, out played.....an absolute whippin. I hope Coach Wasson will look into the mirror and say......"You have to want it more than the other guy and Hebron wanted it more."

Indeed... Put it on yourself or find another way to say it... But he definately shares it as he is the head hancho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Quote Originally Posted by dragons08 View Post
    Would you say the "Protect the Tradition" pertains to everything that is Southlake Carroll?

I'd like to say yes. Anybody in an extra-curricular activity is expected to represent Carroll in the best way possible. Always expected to be polite, respectful, and take care of things like that. Then of course winning. It seems in things I've been apart of and things I have heard, Carroll expresses RESPECT and REPRESENTING school and the city as a main focal point, and winning comes right after that.

Granted this is IMO...
    Absolutely 100%...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpants View Post

That should happen once.

These kids are great, keep supporting them like we have and good things will happen
    I agree dpants... We will be fine... We aint going no where... Were down, but not out..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

I wish we were undefeated.
    110-9

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    I wish we were undefeated.
    Well me to brother, me too..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hook 'Em Horns

Dragons Football

Walt Disney Company

All-State

I haven't read all of the posts on this thread so I want to apologize first off if any of this is redundant.

As a Southlake outsider, one who has had respect for the Carroll program for a while now, let me just say you guys will be fine. How can you not respect a program that has multiple state titles and a record win streak. People might not like you, but they should respect your success.

I say you'll be fine because from what I've seen and heard for many years is that the Dragon nation is more than a team or a school, but a whole community. How many other towns or communities get behind just one school. Don't all elementary and middle schools display the Dragon mascot? It looks like from here your tradition will be protected just fine.

From what I saw looking at your roster, most of your players are underclassmen. With Piland, Avers, etc. you shoud be pretty good next year.

And you still only have two losses. You guys have been spoiled with your success, and rightfully so, mind you. But it's still only two losses. Talk to kids from RL Turner, Newman Smith, Sunset, Pasqual, etc. They would kill to have two WINS in a season. So yeah, two losses might not be Dragon like, but you need to put it in perspective.

So you might be taking your lumps now, but you'll be fine.

I'm taking a break from my 50th b-day fun here in Vegas with this,

in "The Miracle", Coach Brooks said it best- " The name on the front of your uniform better be a helluva lot more important than the name on the back!"

Words that can help us thru the play-offs, and daggummit, we've got alot of football left!

How long is Padron out?

Looks to me that injuries is as large a factor as anything. You guys have been fortunate over the years with that. Your program will prevail.