Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85

Thread: Open Letter to Concha

  1. #1
    All-World LP-79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I PWN BIGRED&CUJO
    Posts
    1,597

    Default Open Letter to Concha

    I have been reading all the arguments between you and some of the other posters on here. Lots of stats back and forth that have been skewed to show who ever was posting point. I have seen you avoiding some questions. I think you should answer a couple questions or be banned from this board.
    1. How many Texas 5A football games have you seen?
    2. How many SLC Games have you seen?
    3. Ohio and Texas High school football are completly different, How can you say one team is better than another. One game played this year will not show anything. It will be early in the year. The only time it will matter is playoff time- WIN OR GO HOME!
    Lufkin lost to Nacogdoches for first time in over 20 years. Will Longview get over a 100 points against Lufkin this week?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LP-79
    I have been reading all the arguments between you and some of the other posters on here. Lots of stats back and forth that have been skewed to show who ever was posting point. [Please show me stats that I have skewed. I have challenged Texas frog and now I ask the same of you: What have I skewed? Have you actually read my posts, or are you simply buying into texasfrog's lies and exaggerations?] I have seen you avoiding some questions. [This is laughable. I have been lied about by Texasfrog and challenged him to back up his lies and exaggerations, yet I"M the one avoiding questions?! Would you go out of your way to answer the questions of someone who posts lies about you and then hides when challenged???] I think you should answer a couple questions or be banned from this board. [I could care less if you think I should be banned. In fact, just what justification or reason do you see for my being banned to begin with? You take what Frog says hook, line and sinker. Can YOU show me where I have claimed Texas to be 2nd rate? Can you? I can direct you a post where I basically say that, overall, Texas is the top state in High school ball. Funny how this is ignored but Frog's lies, which he refuses to support, are taken as Gospel. Who should be banned? Me, or a liar?]
    1. How many Texas 5A football games have you seen?
    2. How many SLC Games have you seen?
    3. Ohio and Texas High school football are completly different, How can you say one team is better than another. One game played this year will not show anything. It will be early in the year. The only time it will matter is playoff time- WIN OR GO HOME!

    [I have stated that I believe SLC to be a better program in recent years than any Ohio program. I have stated that Texas is competitive at the highest tier of teams with any state and deepER than any state. This idea that Frog has about me belittling Texas football every two seconds is a lie. Check for yourself....]
    .............................

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    473

    Default

    SuperCentex: So, who has the #1 high school football state as a whole in your opinion? Regarding athletes, coaches, facilities, atmosphere, and fan support (as a whole)


    Concha: When overall size is taken in, Texas, of course. (05-25-2005, 11:23 AM)

    That must have been it. That must be what set Texas fans off.

  4. #4
    All-World LP-79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I PWN BIGRED&CUJO
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    You still have not answered the 2 basic questions! That is all I am really interested in. How many games have you seen? Texas or SLC? Just answer that!
    Lufkin lost to Nacogdoches for first time in over 20 years. Will Longview get over a 100 points against Lufkin this week?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LP-79
    You still have not answered the 2 basic questions! That is all I am really interested in. How many games have you seen? Texas or SLC? Just answer that!
    No.

    I will not answer.

    Why should I? Judging from the lies you seem to buy into so easily and TexasFrog's outright lies and exaggerations, my response will simply be attacked no matter what it is.

    You appear to feel no need whatsoever to verify lies you use to accuse me, but expect me to aswer questions on demand?

    Get real.

  6. #6
    All-State
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ridin Dirrrrty
    Posts
    315

    Default

    if you dont like the way texas fans are,u can leave...this is a texas football website.
    18 and green with a new M16

    SV football 05
    somethin to be proud of.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fballphenome127
    if you dont like the way texas fans are,u can leave...this is a texas football website.
    Are you saying it is acceptable in Texas to lie about someone and fail to back it up when challenged? I had thought that honor was something prized in the South.

  8. #8
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    6,228

    Default

    I think Lee will answer all his questions come September 9th.


    Does anyone else smell "wood" shed?
    Well look at what the West Texas wind is blowing back in....

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter!
    I think Lee will answer all his questions come September 9th.


    Does anyone else smell "wood" shed?
    Lee is a fine program and will no doubt represent themselves more honorably than a couple of posters I could mention....

  10. #10
    All-State the_great_state_of_TExas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Somewhere between Colleyville, Keller, Grapevine, Roanoke, and Trophy Club
    Posts
    296

    Default Concha

    Concha's debating rules...

    1) Always answer a question with a question.

    2) Always deflect the topic to anyone other than Concha

    3) Focus on the Stats... and obscure articles.
    - Very few of the posters on the page have the time (or the motivation)
    to review high school football statistics.

    4) If all else fails, insult the poster use words like idiot, liar, .....


    I am sure you will have some sordid response that follows the aforementioned rules, but the simple fact is your argumentative nature does not fly on this board.

  11. #11
    All-World LP-79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I PWN BIGRED&CUJO
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    I don't really care what he says on here. I am not for him or against him. He can say what he wants when he wants! I just want him to answer the questions of how many Texas high school football games he has seen, and how many SLC games he has seen. For all I care Concha and TexasFrog can meet in nuetral site and argue for next ten years! I just wish he had cajones big enough to answer them 2 questions on the board where everybody could see it!
    Lufkin lost to Nacogdoches for first time in over 20 years. Will Longview get over a 100 points against Lufkin this week?

  12. #12
    5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    .
    Posts
    6,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LP-79
    I don't really care what he says on here. I am not for him or against him. He can say what he wants when he wants! I just want him to answer the questions of how many Texas high school football games he has seen, and how many SLC games he has seen. For all I care Concha and TexasFrog can meet in nuetral site and argue for next ten years! I just wish he had cajones big enough to answer them 2 questions on the board where everybody could see it!
    Spoken like a true East Texan. I'm proud.
    Well look at what the West Texas wind is blowing back in....

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity

  13. #13
    All-State
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lufkin,Tx.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    I don't know about the North, but down South being called a lier is pretty serious. I'm just asking? What lie? If you have seen a Texas HS game just say so. The problem here seems to be credibility. Just as someone from Texas juding Ohio football. If you haven't seen it in person, you really don't know. You can speculate all you want. Stats from the past really mean nothing when you compare defenses from the 60s,70s...... to todays offensive units.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lp78
    I don't know about the North, but down South being called a lier is pretty serious. I'm just asking? What lie? If you have seen a Texas HS game just say so. The problem here seems to be credibility. Just as someone from Texas juding Ohio football. If you haven't seen it in person, you really don't know. You can speculate all you want. Stats from the past really mean nothing when you compare defenses from the 60s,70s...... to todays offensive units.
    TexasFrog has accused me of belittling Texas football, calling it second rate, Ohio superior blah blah blah.... You can check it out easily enough. Whenever challenged to back up such accusations, he runs and hides. (I would direct you the quote above where I say Texas is the overall #1 state, which goes totally ignored... hardly the words of someone out simply to belittle Texas, wouldn't you say?). You will notice that he completely ignores any complement I make about Texas ball, yet will distort anything possible to attack a non-Texan. It's absurd.

    He then makes claims about Ohio that are patently false. Example: He says that Ohio teams run the ball 90% of the time ("3 yards and a cloud of dust" is his favorite pet saying). I provide him with stats from 3 of the 4 teams from my hometown of Cincinnati that prove his claims to be utterly with out merit (1/3 to 1/2 of plays are passes, and 40%-60% of the yardage). His response? His take on ONE GAME. That is what he bases his conclusions on! The stats for 3 top programs for an entire season versus a single game. But I'm wrong, LOL!

    He accuses me of saying that Colerain will destroy REL. Proof? TexasFrog? Beuhler? Anyone?

    Read my posts. Draw your own conclusions.

  15. #15
    All-State LPanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    N. Richland Hills
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Guys, I don't think that Concha should be a target on here just because he represents a different point of view from us native Texans. I know from his previous posts that I've seen (both here and on another site), that he has great respect for the level of football played in Texas. I do give him credit for thinking through most of his posts, and in general validating his arguements. Were we raised in Ohio or some other state, I'm sure we would look at things from a different viewpoint. There is a slight possibly that the top teams from another state may be able to challenge the elite teams from Texas (Colerain and TL will settle this). Overall, there is no doubt that HS football in Texas reigns supreme, but frankly the size of our state does give us the advantage. I'm sure Concha has seen video of SLC. Has anyone bothered to check out video of Colerain (they "ain't" bad). Besides that, if we treat him with some respect, he might be able to give us a scouting report on some of the Georgia teams, since he lives in Atlanta now.

  16. #16
    All-World LP-79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    I PWN BIGRED&CUJO
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Still no answer to 2 simple questions! Like I said He has something going on with TexasFrog. C'mon Concha be a man! Answer the questions! You can say what you want when you want on here. I just want to know how serious you are about TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL football, How many games have you seen? With the invention of a little thing called the internet you can see about anything you want on here! Have you at least took the time to watch some flash video of Texas teams? C'mon reach down there grab hold and proof you are a man! Answer 2 simple questions! Now me I say Tyler Lee will win. Just being loyal to my east texas friends. I have not watched any Ohio teams play. Give me an addy and I will check them out. After you answer my 2 questions!
    Lufkin lost to Nacogdoches for first time in over 20 years. Will Longview get over a 100 points against Lufkin this week?

  17. #17
    All-State
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lufkin,Tx.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Its cool, it just sounds like a cat fight over stats. What Ohio web sites are good for HS football? You can PM that if you want.

  18. #18
    All-State
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lufkin,Tx.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LPanther
    Guys, I don't think that Concha should be a target on here just because he represents a different point of view from us native Texans. I know from his previous posts that I've seen (both here and on another site), that he has great respect for the level of football played in Texas. I do give him credit for thinking through most of his posts, and in general validating his arguements. Were we raised in Ohio or some other state, I'm sure we would look at things from a different viewpoint. There is a slight possibly that the top teams from another state may be able to challenge the elite teams from Texas (Colerain and TL will settle this). Overall, there is no doubt that HS football in Texas reigns supreme, but frankly the size of our state does give us the advantage. I'm sure Concha has seen video of SLC. Has anyone bothered to check out video of Colerain (they "ain't" bad). Besides that, if we treat him with some respect, he might be able to give us a scouting report on some of the Georgia teams, since he lives in Atlanta now.

    Ditto! I would also think Califoria & Florida would be up there with top notch programs.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LPanther
    Guys, I don't think that Concha should be a target on here just because he represents a different point of view from us native Texans. I know from his previous posts that I've seen (both here and on another site), that he has great respect for the level of football played in Texas. I do give him credit for thinking through most of his posts, and in general validating his arguements. Were we raised in Ohio or some other state, I'm sure we would look at things from a different viewpoint. There is a slight possibly that the top teams from another state may be able to challenge the elite teams from Texas (Colerain and TL will settle this). Overall, there is no doubt that HS football in Texas reigns supreme, but frankly the size of our state does give us the advantage. I'm sure Concha has seen video of SLC. Has anyone bothered to check out video of Colerain (they "ain't" bad). Besides that, if we treat him with some respect, he might be able to give us a scouting report on some of the Georgia teams, since he lives in Atlanta now.
    LPanther,

    Nice to see a voice of reason (though you are certainly not the only one). My thanks for the classy post.

    You are correct that I have great respect for Texas ball. For example, I truly DO believe that Colerain was better than SLC or any Texas team last season. I also happen to believe that the big school top 10 would have been weighted clearly to Texas. Ohio as a whole did not have a great year, while SLC, Lufkin, Abilene etc had very potent teams. In a matchup of top 10s in a typical year, I think Ohio can hold its own but Texas is simply too big (read "deep") for Ohio to hang in there strongly much beyond the top 10-15 at the big school level.

    I look forward the watching the game on Sept 9th. FYI, My family situation keeps me from seeing much ball here in Georgia. I did see the Parkview-Camden County game early last season and, frankly, was quite disappointed. That said, it was early in the season and Lowndes ended up the top dog anyway (crushing Camden BTW).

  20. #20
    All-State NewSherriffInTown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    New York/Leander, TX (Never Resided In Leander)
    Posts
    334

    Default

    I don't see what his watching Texas games has to do with anything.


    I've fought with the guy on this site and the other site, but that doesn't mean he isn't credible for not seeing any Texas games.


    I've never seen a Texas game in person, but I bet I can hold a conversation and/or argument with most of the people on this board already about Texas ball.


    (although I have seen most of Lukfin's games from last seasonon the internet plus TONS of game highlights and player highlight tapes)


    Either way, after bashing Concha like crazy, Tyler Lee better win otherwise we'll all have to deal with his crap even more.
    Watch Out...

    The Sherriff Is In Town

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •