Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Monday Night "Debacle"

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer Reaganrattler07's Avatar

Default Another Monday Night "Debacle"

After seeing last night's game. I'm quite interested in knowing what you all think. Visiting team down 13, the visiting team has done absolutely nothing while the home team has "dominated". All of a sudden, the visiting team scores two touchdowns to go up one, and ultimately win the game.

As characterized by a few people on this board, this happened in week 2 and was declared a "debacle" and a "fluke". Now, this happened last night as well, and I'm quite surprised no one else is calling it the same thing.

As for Roy Williams. Haha, he was lucky McNabb didn't see him cause Roy was pathetic all game. He missed tackles, wasn't even in on plays and didn't contribute until the interception.
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

Default Re: Another Monday Night "Debacle"

Correction: A should've added a "?" at the end of the title of the thread.
    LLA

"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit." - Ronald Reagan

All-Interweb

are the cowboys for real or not?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman1709
    are the cowboys for real or not?
    Their upcomming schedule will tell.
    LLA

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer lonny23's Avatar

The Cowboys have a real good team and are probably a 2nd Tier team in the NFC right now with a chance to move up.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07
    Their upcomming schedule will tell.
    well considering they control their own destiny in the division after week 9 I would say they are pretty good
    "You waste your time with these wise crack combacks. I read no more than the first sentence"~zippy

wide-e-wide

Once again brainiac...watch the freakin' game before you start running your mouth...

Aaron Glenn looked horrible all night...I didn't see Roy miss one play...and looked pretty damn good to me...

Of course this is the same Roy Williams...you know...the safety Roy Williams...that was burned.....and Santana Moss was being being covered by.........guess who? Aaron Glenn...

If you are gonna talk smack...talk it about Glenn...he's the one that sucks...and wouldn't you know it....he's an aggy...go figure.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by wide-e-wide
    Once again brainiac...watch the freakin' game before you start running your mouth...

Aaron Glenn looked horrible all night...I didn't see Roy miss one play...and looked pretty damn good to me...

Of course this is the same Roy Williams...you know...the safety Roy Williams...that was burned.....and Santana Moss was being being covered by.........guess who? Aaron Glenn...

If you are gonna talk smack...talk it about Glenn...he's the one that sucks...and wouldn't you know it....he's an aggy...go figure.
    wide you better not point out facts or else he will not go on the NFL board because its all Dallas Cowboys and Roy Williams rules.
    "You waste your time with these wise crack combacks. I read no more than the first sentence"~zippy

All-World

Roy is a great run-support safty. Hes also decent at man with RB and some TE

But when it comes to cover 2 forget about it he blows...

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfootballfan
    wide you better not point out facts or else he will not go on the NFL board because its all Dallas Cowboys and Roy Williams rules.
    The NFL board, for now, isn't all about the Pukes. Roy Williams may be good, but he certainly wasn't "ruling" Monday. It was a good thing McNabb didn't see him and Roy was able to redeem himself from his poor play.

As for facts, Roy had the wonderful number 3, and 1 assisted. Man he's awesome.
    LLA

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime536
    Roy is a great run-support safty. Hes also decent at man with RB and some TE

But when it comes to cover 2 forget about it he blows...
    Exactly, no doubt he can keep up with tight ends and hit running backs comming at him, but covering wideouts, he's terrible. He got burned by Santana (twice), Lloyd in San Fran.
    LLA

Quote Originally Posted by Reaganrattler07
    Exactly, no doubt he can keep up with tight ends and hit running backs comming at him, but covering wideouts, he's terrible. He got burned by Santana (twice), Lloyd in San Fran.
    Only one of the times that Santana scored was Roy's fault. That said, your point is well taken. He isn't the guy you want covering a reciever.
    Deep down in his private heart, no man respects himself much.

Quote Originally Posted by SeguinMatadors
    Only one of the times that Santana scored was Roy's fault. That said, your point is well taken. He isn't the guy you want covering a reciever.
    *Sigh*....neither is Walt Harris (Redskin CB)
    LLA

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer dragons08's Avatar

somebodys' cruisin for a bruisin
    FOF

wide-e-wide

He is a f'n safety...Good Lord...you people are stupid...

What do you expect though...Am I supposed to take football lessons from a KID that doesn't even play HS football?

Until you learn a little bit...just a little bit about the game...my suggestion to you has to be.............SHUT UP!

The Cowboys signed him and pay him millions to cover Santana Moss.............................................. ........ummm.......no...................why?

Because he is a f'n safety you moron.

What do you expect though...Am I supposed to take football lessons from a KID that doesn't even play HS football?

Until you learn a little bit...just a little bit about the game...my suggestion to you has to be.............SHUT UP!

The Cowboys signed him and pay him millions to cover Santana Moss.............................................. ........ummm.......no...................why?

Dude, wtf? Grow up and stop trying to insult kids. He is a safety. That puts him in the secondary. When you are a safety and a team puts 4 or 5 receivers on the field you are going to have to cover receivers. Also, when you send a blitz, you are going need your safety to cover receivers. When you run a zone, you are going to need your safety to cover receivers running through the zone. Safeties cover people. Now take your own advice and learn something about football.

5A Texas Football.com Hall of Famer ThEgReAtOnE's Avatar

wide, calm the freak down!!! d-town will destroy the redskins next time they play them!!! the kid is just trying to get under your skin...and he's doing a great job of it!!!

honestly, we did shoot down the dallas/wash game as being a fluke...so the kid's intitled to post a thread throwing it back in our face!!!!!

we'll see in another month, when dallas plays the skins again!!!!

the 'boys will leave little doubt!!!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    2010 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2009 - (PCA) Best Argumentative CFB Award
    2007 - NFL Survivor Champion
    2005 - College Football Top Gun Champion
    2005 - (PCA) Rookie of the Year
    TulsaHale74 - gone, but never forgotten!
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

When you are a safety and a team puts 4 or 5 receivers on the field you are going to have to cover receivers.
    ya, the only problem with your statement is the redskins didn't put 4 or 5 receivers on the field.

a safety helps over the top, in the zone....in other words if the corner gets under the receiver the safety has position.....key words being "if the corner gets under the receiver"!

during the game moss lined up in the slot, which gave williams the responsibility on any post or deep route.....but the other td was glenn's fault.

yes, williams made "a" crucial mistake in that game....but he made a bigger play this past monday night!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!

Quote Originally Posted by ThEgReAtOnE
    ya, the only problem with your statement is the redskins didn't put 4 or 5 receivers on the field.

a safety helps over the top, in the zone....in other words if the corner gets under the receiver the safety has position.....key words being "if the corner gets under the receiver"!

during the game moss lined up in the slot, which gave williams the responsibility on any post or deep route.....but the other td was glenn's fault.

yes, williams made "a" crucial mistake in that game....but he made a bigger play this past monday night!
    I never said Williams wasn't a good player. Also, I was the first to acknowledge that only one of the two td's scored by Moss was Williams fault. I was just responding to the post at hand saying that safeties do not guard receivers.

I never said Williams wasn't a good player. Also, I was the first to acknowledge that only one of the two td's scored by Moss was Williams fault. I was just responding to the post at hand saying that safeties do not guard receivers.
    that's cool...i was just trying to calm my boy wide down and may have over-reacted to your comment!!!
    "Oel ngati kameie..."

"Hail to the gReAtEsT!"
    BOOMER F'N SOONER!